Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 08:46 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
Just got back from camping in Ontario...first trip to Canada in 2 years
used to be impressed with how nice/friendly Canadians were

this time...jeezus...people were rude, obnoxious...didn't want to do exchange rate and INSISTED we were at par which is total bs...looked at the American dollar like it was dog poop

And the Ontario Park Police or whatever the park cop wannabees are called were complete douche bags

We were NOT in an alcohol free park...we were walking back from the beach (at the Pinery in Sarnia) when one of the Ontario Rent a cops pulls up, whips out his flash light and barks "what are you doing"

We told him, and he shined his light on the beer my friend had and asked "where are you from"
we told him "Michigan" and the DB replied "I though people in Michigan carried their booze in brown paper bags" and his db partner cop wannabee laughed...then he said "dump that...NOW...in front of me"...then got back in his "squad car" and sped off into the night...I wanted to tell him "don't you know back in the states cops get killed for no reason" but thought it best to keep quiet

This is just one incident...there was just a rudeness I was not expecting in Canada...did we do something to **** off the Canadians?? We wont be back next year...

also...do you think the Pinery Provincial Park could actually level off the camp sites they assign to 35 foot travel trailers?? You cant possibly level your trailer in half these sites...
Well let's see, where to start?

Easiest one first; non-level sites: Oh boy can I relate but here's tip, save your angst and chagrin for your own state parks as I've been to any number of them ranging from all four corners of your country and encountered all sorts of issues from levelling to ponds of sewage covering the sewage pipe with the most frequent problem being dirty power. Some state parks like some provincial parks are state of the art but others are absolute chit holes. Both countries have their highs and lows.

Alcoholic beverages, in parks where it is allowed, are limited to being consumed on the site you've rented and not mean't to be carried around like on Bourbon St. New Orleans. The cop was trying to give you a hint about your own laws resulting in carrying what were routinely referred to back in the day as "short dogs"....you know, the common picture of the whino in America carrying his bottle inside a paper bag with the top rolled down....the cop was telling you to at least disguise the booze, if you're going to be dumb enough to walk around with it, as seemingly every other person not wanting attention from police seem aware of..

American money and exchange rate from retailers....whoeee, you're a real hoot with being totally unaware of the insulting crap Canadians have endured from Americans over our colourful stuff for decades.

Canadians treated to everything from "monopoly money" to "what am I supposed to do with that crap" have learned the hard way to never get caught short in the greenback department. Try using Canadian money in the U.S., derision and scorn will be very quickly forthcoming. I cannot believe you think you were unfairly treated over that canard.

Now as to cops in the states getting shot....and you likening that to the casual disrespect you've thought you were the victim of perhaps deserving same......well suffice it to say, as one RV'er to another I am no longer RV'ing so won't ever encounter one such as yourself......bonus!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 09:43 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Quote:

this time...jeezus...people were rude, obnoxious...didn't want to do exchange rate and INSISTED we were at par which is total bs...looked at the American dollar like it was dog poop
LOL! Cry me a river. I can't even go 0.5 miles to Detroit and use my money, so get over it. Never mind being publicly humiliated in a public restaurant while all the dicks behind the counter hold the money up laughing and asking if it's real.

Quote:
And the Ontario Park Police or whatever the park cop wannabees are called were complete douche bags
That's a park warden. You have them too, ya know. And *drum role* they can be douche bags too!

Quote:
We were NOT in an alcohol free park...we were walking back from the beach (at the Pinery in Sarnia) when one of the Ontario Rent a cops pulls up, whips out his flash light and barks "what are you doing"
You have to keep your booze on your camp site. Be happy he didn't fine you and kick yer keister out of the park.

Quote:
We told him, and he shined his light on the beer my friend had and asked "where are you from"
we told him "Michigan" and the DB replied "I though people in Michigan carried their booze in brown paper bags" and his db partner cop wannabee laughed...then he said "dump that...NOW...in front of me"...then got back in his "squad car" and sped off into the night...I wanted to tell him "don't you know back in the states cops get killed for no reason" but thought it best to keep quiet
You're so cool. I mean it. Seriously.

I wonder if his reply would have been "Don't you know cops are killing citizens by the thousands in the states for running their big mouths?"

Quote:
This is just one incident...there was just a rudeness I was not expecting in Canada...did we do something to **** off the Canadians?? We wont be back next year...

Did YOU do something??? Sure sounds like it.

Good!! You want to come here and do whatever the hell you want like you own the ****ing place, YOU can stay out.

Quote:
also...do you think the Pinery Provincial Park could actually level off the camp sites they assign to 35 foot travel trailers?? You cant possibly level your trailer in half these sites...

Old 05-26-2015, 09:52 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,533,072 times
Okay, I think it's pretty safe to say this is some troll's heavily post-accrued backup account that was broken up to try and appear more valid.

/thread

Old 05-26-2015, 11:19 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:

...I wanted to tell him "don't you know back in the states cops get killed for no reason" but thought it best to keep quiet

...did we do something to **** off the Canadians?? We wont be back next year...

Yeah, you sure did do something to **** off Canadians, and you just did it again with your rude post.

Those cops you called douche bags were being nice to you and giving you a FRIENDLY break because you were foreigners being ignorant douche bags. I wish you had followed through on your desire to tell the cop that cops in the states get killed for no reason (not that that is anything to be proud of or boast about, but that statement speaks volumes about your own character) then you would have gotten a lesson in what an unfriendly Canadian cop can be like. You'd also have been charged for making a veiled death threat and would have been banned from ever returning to Canada again.

I'm glad to hear you've decided for yourself that you won't be back again because people like you need to be banned from entering our country. The last thing we need is high and mighty douche bag schmucks like you coming up here thinking you should be able to lord it over the locals and do whatever you want, let alone want to threaten a cop. Next time you visit another country, remember the motto "When in Rome, do as the Romans do", not what you think you should be entitled to do because you're accustomed to getting away with being a jerk at home. Better yet, stay at home in your own country permanently and don't inflict yourself on any other countries again. Nobody needs visitors like you.

Old 05-27-2015, 05:52 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
LOL! Cry me a river. I can't even go 0.5 miles to Detroit and use my money, so get over it. Never mind being publicly humiliated in a public restaurant while all the dicks behind the counter hold the money up laughing and asking if it's real.

That's a park warden. You have them too, ya know. And *drum role* they can be douche bags too!

You have to keep your booze on your camp site. Be happy he didn't fine you and kick yer keister out of the park.

You're so cool. I mean it. Seriously.

I wonder if his reply would have been "Don't you know cops are killing citizens by the thousands in the states for running their big mouths?"

Did YOU do something??? Sure sounds like it.

Good!! You want to come here and do whatever the hell you want like you own the ****ing place, YOU can stay out.

yes our dnr can be douche bags...I didn't have a problem with him enforcing the alcohol rules...they do it here too...I follow rules so ive never had to open a cooler and dump all my beer, like many of my friends have, because of a dnr douche bag...however our dnr don't make snide insulting remarks like this Ontario wannabee did...my problem was the remark he made about Michiganders being whinos lol

and yes, we should have stopped at the border and gotten Canadian dollars

my whole point was after more than a decade of camping at the pinery (usually getting Canadian money, once or twice we didn't) ive never felt like we were looked down upon for being usa citizens like I did this time

back in the 90's, we went to Toronto for long weekends at least once a year, and always loved it...felt a comraderie with the Canadians...but its different now

if it makes you feel any better Canada, I break the same rules here that I broke there...

The Pinery just lost a group of 10-12 couples camping once a year at their dump of a park

Old 05-27-2015, 05:56 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Okay, I think it's pretty safe to say this is some troll's heavily post-accrued backup account that was broken up to try and appear more valid.

/thread
complete horse crap...im not a troll
We spent OUR memorial day weekend at the pinery provincial park, like we have for over a decade (we missed last year)...and it was different...I listed extreme cases...I have no reason to troll this forum

it wasn't just me...everyone in our group of 11 couples felt like we were looked down upon
we are older, all have nice rv's, we don't get drunk or loud as we have a ton of kids...we keep clean camp sites...

Old 05-27-2015, 07:04 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
complete horse crap...im not a troll
We spent OUR memorial day weekend at the pinery provincial park, like we have for over a decade (we missed last year)...and it was different...I listed extreme cases...I have no reason to troll this forum

it wasn't just me...everyone in our group of 11 couples felt like we were looked down upon
we are older, all have nice rv's, we don't get drunk or loud as we have a ton of kids...we keep clean camp sites...
So write a complaint letter to the Provincial Parks Commission and be sure to include the crappola you've put in these posts which more than adequately display you're just a bunch of nice clean-cut normal Americans out for a holiday weekend in Canada .....you know the stuff that would be 'tells' to all normal people like using the term "douchbag" and suggesting their park rangers are within a breath of having their azzes capped by angry spoiled-brat Americans for suggesting they should follow the rules.

We're just reading what you're writing dude.........

Now if you seriously want a conversation about comparative rudeness and obnoxious behaviour by a segment of officialdom making people visting from another country feel unwelcome; we're more than able to comply with you on that score....game on! Believe me when I suggest most emphatically, you really don't want to go there.

You had a bad experience; put on your big boy panties, shake it off and try again like most adults would; if still less than enchanted with Canada after that, there's always Mexico.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:09 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Proof that money can't buy class.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:16 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Proof that money can't buy class.
Or even basic knowledge, such as the fact that ATMs in Canada convert and dispense funds at the current exchange rate.

I always scratch my head at wealthy people who display such ignorance. The only answer seems to be that they they find even more ignorant people to buy whatever it is that they sell.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:18 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
IMO the simple solution to any problem is write back and complain. The deed was done whether you agreed/liked it or not. Whether you just happened to run into the wrong park police having a bad day, or even if they are db's as you state, so be it.

Just state your case in a professional manner (letters/emails better than phone calls - you'll have a trail) and see what response you get. If you are adamant in your feelings, put up a fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada