Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 06:36 AM

2,398 posts, read 1,567,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
And what if you still accidently pass the campsite? I know, sometimes things do not always go as planned.
and also sticking to the very very low speed limits that campsite managers impose, further adds to the frustration
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2022, 09:43 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Question: what is "our military"? Is it Canada's or the USA's?
USA's. They're both Americans in USA talking about American cops and military for comparison.

Old 02-08-2022, 09:49 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
And what if you still accidently pass the campsite? I know, sometimes things do not always go as planned.
Then you just patiently go around again and come back to it. Patience, grasshopper, lower your expectations of yourself. Getting easily frustrated over such a small thing is not a good way to start off a laid back and relaxing camping trip.

Old 02-08-2022, 11:13 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliss2 View Post
USD is accepted at par in most of the country, the booze was illegal, and the "rent a cops" are enforcers with police powers/peace officer status (sorry, the lack of horse and red jacket is confusing). And you have the audacity to talk about shooting cops? Unbelievable. Stay in Michigan, you don't belong in international borders.
This is hilarious! Really--the cops were in a car?! In a national or provincial park? I bet Dudley Do-right would've been more polite. BTW, where were the cute bears?

Ah, old threads are fun. Gotta salvage some humor out of the cranky ones.

Old 02-08-2022, 11:20 AM

35,061 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Question: what is "our military"? Is it Canada's or the USA's?
You mean NORAD?

Old 02-09-2022, 07:33 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Chits and giggles:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/...ggNb9#image=21

Old 02-16-2022, 11:32 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,595,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, why would you expect stores to take foreign currency? That doesn't make any sense. You can get Canadian dollars at your hometown bank in advance of your trip, you know. Or exchange at a Canadian bank after crossing the border. Canada is not an extension of the US. Would you expect to be able to go into a store in Germany or England, and pay in US $$? You can't do that in Mexico.
While everything you’ve said is 100% true Ruth, there are always exceptions to the rule.
I drove a licenced London “Black Cab” for just shy of 30 years and I took U.S. dollars willingly, I couldn’t get enough of them, although my exchange rate made grown men cry.
I hasten to add that I didn’t put a gun to anyone’s head, I’d always accept CC or stop at an ATM if they wished, but if the fare really wanted to pay in U.S. currency it would be on my terms.
Consequently, on our annual vacation trips to FL, GA, NY, AZ or CA I already had a chunk of greenbacks and rarely paid restaurant or bar bills by CC, and rarely used an ATM.
I did the same with the euro, and had weekends in Paris, Madrid or Rome where I never went near a bureau de change.
In the same vein, I have a lot of family in Northern France and when I would visit in my twenties, I’d sometimes drift over the border with my cousins to bars in Belgian towns.
The bars would take French francs and add a percentage on, this I guess was to cover bank charges when they paid the French francs into the bank along with their Belgian francs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada