Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 07:28 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times

Advertisements

I have never been to Canada, but none of you have won me over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 07:34 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
yeah...right???

Old 05-27-2015, 07:35 AM

26,873 posts, read 37,997,315 times
It's entirely plausible that you had a bad experience with the staff at a particular provincial park. And it's also true (IMO) that some Canadians have a chip on their shoulder vis-à-vis Americans.

But all or even most of them? Multiplied by all members of your group? Most of the encounters all of you had with Canadians were unpleasant and hostile?

This is very hard to believe. Most Canadians you interacted with probably didn't even pick up on the fact you were from the U.S.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
So write a complaint letter to the Provincial Parks Commission and be sure to include the crappola you've put in these posts which more than adequately display you're just a bunch of nice clean-cut normal Americans out for a holiday weekend in Canada .....you know the stuff that would be 'tells' to all normal people like using the term "douchbag" and suggesting their park rangers are within a breath of having their azzes capped by angry spoiled-brat Americans for suggesting they should follow the rules.

We're just reading what you're writing dude.........

Now if you seriously want a conversation about comparative rudeness and obnoxious behaviour by a segment of officialdom making people visting from another country feel unwelcome; we're more than able to comply with you on that score....game on! Believe me when I suggest most emphatically, you really don't want to go there.

You had a bad experience; put on your big boy panties, shake it off and try again like most adults would; if still less than enchanted with Canada after that, there's always Mexico.
LOL
point taken!

for the record I never intented to imply the Ontario douchers were about to be capped by angry americans...even the spoiled brat variety...it was an obnoxious remark to be paired with their obnoxious remark...

By the way we are all americans...some of us more than others

Old 05-27-2015, 07:59 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
I daresay some of the people here commenting are Americans living in America, like myself, and the OP's behavior is not acceptable here, either. You can't walk around with an open beer at many state and national parks. We have rangers who patrol campsites and parking lots for the safety of everyone, not to pick on one arrogant camper that thinks the rules don't apply to them.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:37 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
"Please stay on the line. Your opinion is important to us." . .

I continue to visit the U.S. and while I thoroughly enjoy most of the people, counting many of them as lifelong friends, and love many parts of the country. It ain't perfect either.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:48 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
LOL
point taken!

for the record I never intented to imply the Ontario douchers were about to be capped by angry americans...even the spoiled brat variety...it was an obnoxious remark to be paired with their obnoxious remark...

By the way we are all americans...some of us more than others
I'm liking your slightly more tactful tone a lot more, kudos to you. ..... Now, as to azzhats wearing uniforms; neither country has a shortage ....can we agree?

Is it also within your pervue to acknowledge that if visitors to a foreign country experiencing the misfortune of encountering an azzhat with a badge, makes their mind up about that country based upon that limited contact, they might be making a mistake?

"By the way we are all americans...some of us more than others". Yep; (tongue in cheek) especially those on top occupying the biggest part of N.America.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:51 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
..my problem was the remark he made about Michiganders being whinos lol
It was probably more about single bottle beer sales than "winos". Here in Texas the Circle K's and 7-11s have lineups during the afternoon rush hour with people buying single beers in paper bags for the drive home. The crack was about your blatant open display and not even feeble attempt to mask it in a paper bag.

Quote:
my whole point was after more than a decade of camping at the pinery (usually getting Canadian money, once or twice we didn't) ive never felt like we were looked down upon for being usa citizens like I did this time

The Pinery just lost a group of 10-12 couples camping once a year at their dump of a park
After camping there for over a decade it is suddenly a dump?

Last edited by katzpaw; 05-27-2015 at 10:05 AM..

Old 05-27-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I daresay some of the people here commenting are Americans living in America, like myself, and the OP's behavior is not acceptable here, either. You can't walk around with an open beer at many state and national parks. We have rangers who patrol campsites and parking lots for the safety of everyone, not to pick on one arrogant camper that thinks the rules don't apply to them.
im not arguing the rule...I get that...its the same here
this Ontario doucher is supposed to be a professional and the remark he made was anything BUT professional

Im sure people in Sarnia, just like Windsor, get tired of USA tourists coming over, especially the ones who cause trouble...I worded it to sound like ALL Canadians and I didn't mean it that way...I apologize...but the ones WE encountered in Sarnia and Grand Bend were rude and unfriendly, unlike before...and this ontario cop wannabee douche bag was way out of line...

in mich state parks where there isn't alcohol allowed, if the DNR catches you they make you dump it...if they catch you again (and trust me they will keep tabs on you) they kick you out...you do get ONE warning

Old 05-27-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I'm liking your slightly more tactful tone a lot more, kudos to you. ..... Now, as to azzhats wearing uniforms; neither country has a shortage ....can we agree?

Is it also within your pervue to acknowledge that if visitors to a foreign country experiencing the misfortune of encountering an azzhat with a badge, makes their mind up about that country based upon that limited contact, they might be making a mistake?

"By the way we are all americans...some of us more than others". Yep; (tongue in cheek) especially those on top occupying the biggest part of N.America.
amen to that
I hunt as well as camp...and I would bet our DNR asshats out number Canadian counterparts 10-1 lol
but the remark he made just blew me away...especially coming from a Canadian, who up to that point were always friendly, at least in my experience...

yes...I agree...and I apologize for labeling the entire country based on a dozen or so people in grand bend/sarnia...that was unfair...

perhaps if I had waited a day or so my rant would have sounded more like a genuine question

has something changed over the past few years in the border areas to sour some peoples view of usa citizens...most of it was just an unfriendly attitude...or maybe Canadians were OVER friendly in the past and we got used to it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada