Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 12:49 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,102,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I wonder if it's more common for Canadian women to not dye their hair and just have their natural hair colour compared to their US counterparts. I did notice a lot more bottle blondes when I was in the US. For me a woman having their natural hair colour is a lot more attractive to me than dyed hair and so that could be a big difference.
I agree with Netwit and Acajack. I know very few women who don't colour their hair, and I know several of ALL ages who colour their hair with all the vivid punky colours of the rainbow, or use wash out hair cosmetics of all colours. I've been colouring my hair for over 50 years, I have white hair now and don't dye it anymore but I still enjoy using bright pink, violet or blue wash out hair cosmetics streaked into it for fun.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 01:08 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,736,236 times
Maybe then I just notice certain types of women then I know most older people will dye their hair due to going gray but I was thinking more of women in their early 20s who go to nightclubs that most would have very little if any gray hair.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:55 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,352,327 times
Quote:
Maybe then I just notice certain types of women then I know most older people will dye their hair due to going gray but I was thinking more of women in their early 20s who go to nightclubs that most would have very little if any gray hair.
I was dyeing my hair long before I had grey to think about. I am not sure I have grey hair - I've never not coloured it long enough to be sure. But my hairdresser tells me the cool thing now is for younger women to dye their hair grey.

I do have lovely, long-legged nieces who haven't coloured their hair - they are naturally a very pale blonde, with hair almost as long as their legs. I can't imagine why they would dye their hair. It is a colour other people pay dearly for.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:09 PM

12,979 posts, read 9,690,514 times
America is a huge big places with lots of beautiful women all across this country. I have seen some stunningly beautiful women in California, Hawaii, Florida, and new York city, just to name a few.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I was dyeing my hair long before I had grey to think about. I am not sure I have grey hair - I've never not coloured it long enough to be sure. But my hairdresser tells me the cool thing now is for younger women to dye their hair grey.

I do have lovely, long-legged nieces who haven't coloured their hair - they are naturally a very pale blonde, with hair almost as long as their legs. I can't imagine why they would dye their hair. It is a colour other people pay dearly for.
I'm going to add that character is more important than beauty. Although they like to have a good time, my nieces aren't the kind who hang around in clubs. They are under 24 and have good educations and the one who just graduated spent time last year in South America working with orphans and is going someplace in Africa in November to volunteer at an AIDS orphanage.

Plus they have a dad with a a gun.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:10 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,736,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I'm going to add that character is more important than beauty. Although they like to have a good time, my nieces aren't the kind who hang around in clubs. They are under 24 and have good educations and the one who just graduated spent time last year in South America working with orphans and is going someplace in Africa in November to volunteer at an AIDS orphanage.

Plus they have a dad with a a gun.
Do you think your nieces are more typical of Canadian young people vs. American young people in their character and behavior? Is that the difference in one group appearing more attractive than the other do you think?

Old 10-05-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Do you think your nieces are more typical of Canadian young people vs. American young people in their character and behavior? Is that the difference in one group appearing more attractive than the other do you think?
I don't go to the States enough to know. I'm sure that there are areas of the country where people pay more attention to how they look, like California for example.

It seems to me that young people here - and I'm only speaking of here, not the US - are more in tune with what is happening elsewhere in the world and want to give back, like my niece. I'm very proud of her and that her Facebook page is filled not with pictures of herself, but of the children she worked with in South America. Another niece has her degree in social work and has done work with inner city kids and is now going for a registered nurse degree. The others are too young yet to have completed anything educational wise but I hope that they all give back to society in some way.

I'm not going to say that my young nieces and nephews don't care about how they look because they do. And perhaps it is because they are exceptionally beautiful that they seem to pay less attention to it.

I don't have children so I don't know how much stock anyone should put in my impressions.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:07 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,681,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I agree three things make American women less attractive

1) being fat - and the political correctness BS is supposed to tell people being fat can be "beautiful" too. Sorry, no. Fat is not healthy, against human nature and very few people will think fat girls are physically pretty, no matter how you advertise to embrace it. If you have a BMI over 24, you are fat.

2) they way they are dressed. I don't know why so many young American women like to dress in that sloppy or even trashy way as if that's "character". Jeans with holes, dark lips, tattoos, piercing, clothes too short that half of your butt-cheeks are revealed, cheer leader tank tops showing the shape of the nipples, flipflops on the streets, baggy shirts - that's not trendy or cool, that's just trashy. Why don't people realize clean skin and hair and clothes that actually fit and covers property is attractive? The desperate seeking of "character" or "coolness" is ugly.

3) the way they talk. I am repelled by girls who obsessively use the word "like" in every fr**king sentence, or too many rising tones. I simply can't stand it. It is a reflection of bad upbringing. Huge turn-off.

This doesn't apply to American females only. Many Canadians women do just the same.
Happens here too, but only among some. I don't hear it that often at uni.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:48 PM

428 posts, read 452,006 times
You must have had a good night in Vancouver Donwind. If you like overweight grandma-glasses wearing feminists Canada is the place to be. Exception: Quebec. Attractive women in Quebec, other than that stick to California buddy.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:34 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,918,727 times
What is it with the fat shaming - Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada