Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 01:07 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,873,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Filipinos (including overseas ones) are famous for being obsessed with white people ... I don't even start to understand that.
I wouldn't limit it to Flips... When I was in Thailand it was very common to see skin whitening creams at the 7-11's throughout Bangkok and the rest of Thailand plus cosmetic surgery ads all over to make for a more Caucasian appearance. Hubby and I are going to Indonesia in March so will be interesting to see how they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 01:14 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I wouldn't limit it to Flips... When I was in Thailand it was very common to see skin whitening creams at the 7-11's throughout Bangkok and the rest of Thailand plus cosmetic surgery ads all over to make for a more Caucasian appearance. Hubby and I are going to Indonesia in March so will be interesting to see how they are.
Liking whiter skin is always an Asian tradition - that has absolutely nothing to do with white adoration. The Chinese expressed preference of whiter skin even between they knew there were white people in the world.

What I commented is the fact there is a stereotype that the Filipinos (more than anyone else in Asia) have an obsession with the white race. Ask around in the gay circle and people will tell you :P.

Last edited by botticelli; 11-19-2015 at 01:30 PM..

Old 11-19-2015, 01:32 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,873,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Liking whiter skin is always an Asian tradition - that has absolutely nothing to do with white adoration. The Chinese expressed preference of whiter skin even between they knew there were white people in the world.

What I commented is the fact there is a stereotype that the Filipinos (more than anyone else in Asia) have an obsession with the white race. Ask around in the gay circle and people will tell you.
Ok you can get me with lighter skin but cosmetic surgery - specifically double eyelid surgeries that are so prevalent lol - c'mon is that Asian tradition....

As for asking around in the Asian gay circle Botti - I don't need to I've experienced it

Old 11-19-2015, 03:35 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Ok you can get me with lighter skin but cosmetic surgery - specifically double eyelid surgeries that are so prevalent lol - c'mon is that Asian tradition....

As for asking around in the Asian gay circle Botti - I don't need to I've experienced it
Haaar! Where are you going to take this after that one Botti? I'm itching now!

Game, set, match.

Old 11-22-2015, 01:03 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
We've had other real bilingual PMs who spoke English and French with minimal accents. Mulroney and Martin come to mind immediately (as well as Francophones like Chretien obviously). Other federal party leaders who didn't become PM were similar, like Layton, Mulcair, and Charest.
Poor Botti. You have to understand that everything he knows about Canada he learned in his 7 or 8 years here.
Before Botti, Canada didn't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada