Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2023, 01:28 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
But they don't do it for the other cities.
Sure they do it for other cities at the time that it's happening in those cities. Sakura (Japanese cherry blossoms) don't all bloom at the same time across the country because of the seasonal differences in climate. Toronto is just now enjoying the viewing of the Sakura blossoming (it only lasts for about a week) but here on the west coast all the Cherry Blossom festivals and Sakura viewing is over, it started at the beginning of April.

This link https://vcbf.ca/ is about the festival in Vancouver, but Victoria's Sakura viewing started even before it started in Vancouver. I think Dartmouth, NS will be the last on the list for Sakura viewing and festivities, usually sometime in the middle of May when the trees blossom out then in Nova Scotia. In all places across Canada where the festivals and viewing take place they all possess the same symbolisms and meanings, bringing peace, happiness, hope, friendship, prosperity, rebirth, renewal, fresh new beginnings.

Old 04-21-2023, 01:44 PM

After cherry blossom time comes bewitching apple blossom time.

Old 04-21-2023, 04:43 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,314,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Sure they do it for other cities at the time that it's happening in those cities. Sakura (Japanese cherry blossoms) don't all bloom at the same time across the country because of the seasonal differences in climate. Toronto is just now enjoying the viewing of the Sakura blossoming (it only lasts for about a week) but here on the west coast all the Cherry Blossom festivals and Sakura viewing is over, it started at the beginning of April.

This link https://vcbf.ca/ is about the festival in Vancouver, but Victoria's Sakura viewing started even before it started in Vancouver. I think Dartmouth, NS will be the last on the list for Sakura viewing and festivities, usually sometime in the middle of May when the trees blossom out then in Nova Scotia. In all places across Canada where the festivals and viewing take place they all possess the same symbolisms and meanings, bringing peace, happiness, hope, friendship, prosperity, rebirth, renewal, fresh new beginnings.

Alas. No cherry blossom time in Manitoba or Saskatchewan. But lilac season is coming up. One day. If spring ever decides to come.

Today, the shriek of a red-tailed hawk, the insane calling of gulls, the gravelly croak of ravens, the "too dry, too dry" call of the killdeer, the careful cooing of pigeons, the harbinger of spring itself, the melodious meadowlark and a psychopathic wind tearing at the sounds of everything else.

Old 04-21-2023, 07:49 PM

1,538 posts, read 866,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

I believe Montreal and Ottawa are happening the same time as well.

Old 05-04-2023, 08:19 AM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
A Store Selling Heroin, Meth, and Cocaine Just Opened in Vancouver

Quote:
Martin said he’d be selling people a max of 2.5 grams of each drug, with serving sizes as small as a point (one-tenth of a gram). Under B.C.’s decriminalization policy, a person can have up to 2.5 grams of the aforementioned substances in total without facing criminal consequences. He’s charging roughly street prices, with grams of cocaine and meth going for $90 and $50, respectively.
Quote:
He’s also started an online shop with a delivery service that carries more drugs than he has in store, such as ketamine, LSD, and 5-MeO-DMT, a synthetic version of a chemical that comes from the bufo alvarius toad and is considered one of the most powerful psychedelics on Earth.
Quote:
Martin runs a real risk of being arrested. If that happens, his lawyer Paul Lewin has already prepared arguments to launch a constitutional challenge.

Old 05-04-2023, 08:29 AM

3,446 posts, read 2,772,996 times
She don’t lie - cocaine.

Old 05-04-2023, 10:33 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
My first reaction was...no.

However when I read the article, I get his point. He is obviously doing this to highlight the issue. Civil disobedience .

Just supplying a clean supply will save lives, but there has to be things done to stop people from starting down this road in the first place.

It's a massive issue.

Old 05-05-2023, 10:24 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
He's been arrested, which I believe was his intent.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...rest-1.6832669

Old 05-05-2023, 11:08 AM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
He's been arrested, which I believe was his intent.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...rest-1.6832669
From the article:
Quote:
"Providing a safe, clean supply is going to hopefully stop a lot of the overdoses and a lot of the injuries and stop girls from having to do certain things just to get their drugs," he said.
How does his business, stop girls from having to do certain things just to get their drugs? He was charging street prices for the drugs.

Old 05-05-2023, 11:32 AM

I think that guy is nuts, he's a rolling invitation to vigilante justice.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada