Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 02:45 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Why?

You talk as if Ms Clinton is any better than Trump.

Don't be brainwashed by the media. Trump is not a great candidate but no worse than either Clinton or Obama.
Please explain this, bott. I'm no big fan of HRC, but Trump is no worse? Could you tell me what it is you like about the man and his proposed "policies"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 02:54 PM

869 posts, read 1,125,228 times
On the flip side I hope we dont inherit busloads of American born wusses as we have more than our fair share up here as evidenced in this thread.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:05 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times
Default ... the better choice ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Why?

You talk as if Ms Clinton is any better than Trump.

Don't be brainwashed by the media. Trump is not a great candidate but no worse than either Clinton or Obama.
They are both no angels... but Trump just has a nack for for saying things to annoy and often people. At least Hilary actually has experience and knows how to be diplomatic. Trump is just running his mouth like a school yard bully.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:10 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
We used to go to the USA for every long weekend and a big vacation to Florida once a year, we now take our long weekend getaways to Quebec and Ontario and our winter vacation to Florida seems to have been replaced by a trip to Vancouver, USA? too much political obsession,too much gun violence and heavy handed cops and border guards.Not directly as a consequence of Trump but just a heightened disagreeable attitude going on down there we prefer not to go if possible, i still have family there but some years ago i casually told my bro and Dad that i liked Obama, that was enough for them to call me a commie from that big nanny state to the north,they havent spoken to me much since,its like i'm the enemy..
Trump? here in Quebec those that actually know who he is think he's an ahole.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:14 PM

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wanderer View Post
It is very strange (to say the least) to decide not to travel to a friendly neighbouring country because of its elected leader. We can like / dislike its president, but not to visit it???

We have another thread (about Canadians hatred for US) and I think your post just proves that there are reasons behind that thread...
This has nothing to do with hatered to the USA.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:16 PM

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Boycotting the US if Trump wins kinda sucks for the close to 50% of Americans who didn't vote for him, doesn't it?
Well ... Trump running his big both without any consiquences kind of sucks for the rest of the world !

Old 09-16-2016, 03:20 PM

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
We used to go to the USA for every long weekend and a big vacation to Florida once a year, we now take our long weekend getaways to Quebec and Ontario and our winter vacation to Florida seems to have been replaced by a trip to Vancouver, USA? too much political obsession,too much gun violence and heavy handed cops and border guards.Not directly as a consequence of Trump but just a heightened disagreeable attitude going on down there we prefer not to go if possible, i still have family there but some years ago i casually told my bro and Dad that i liked Obama, that was enough for them to call me a commie from that big nanny state to the north,they havent spoken to me much since,its like i'm the enemy..
Trump? here in Quebec those that actually know who he is think he's an ahole.
So many other places to vacation. A choosen leader of a country is suppose to reflect the value system and mentality of the country. If Trump is the face of America..... I got lots of other places I can spend my time and money too. We can't vote, but we can hold influence in other ways.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:20 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,407,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereed View Post
On the flip side I hope we dont inherit busloads of American born wusses as we have more than our fair share up here as evidenced in this thread.
I disagree, I think Americans that want to come here should be welcomed with open arms.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:45 PM

3,841 posts, read 3,068,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I really really realllllllllllllly hope this does not happen, but if Trump does become president of the USA do you think this will effect your williness to travel to the USA?

On my end. I think it might. I 100% refused to go the USA when Bush was President. I would totally be embarassed for the USA if Trump did win. I have family in the USA though so it might actually be difficult to really avoid.

Anyone else have an opinions on this they want to share?

Please stay in Canada. No one cares. Really. No one.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:57 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,707,457 times
I might still go but much less frequently
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada