U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-18-2016, 12:22 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
5,746 posts, read 3,209,496 times
Reputation: 7190

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Botti I really thought you had more intelligence than that. Have you been paying attention to what Trump says?
Unlike a lot of the Hillary stuff, it's documented and not innuendo.

Hillary may be more of the status quo, but right now, that is a heck of a lot better than a man who volatile, racist, and doesn't have a friggin' clue about the rule of law and the US constitution.

How can you say he makes more sense? Especially when he blatantly lies. Can you explain to me why you think a man who was ( is ) a birther now says Hillary started it, is a man who makes sense?

Are you just bored and wanting to push buttons?
That's exactly what I was thinking, and it's not the first time. Bott's a really smart guy, but he comes comes out with the most bizarre stuff sometimes.

Mind you, I don't think Trump is the racist or sexist that people accuse him of being. As I've said before, he doesn't believe 3/4 of the crap he spews. He's nothing but a showman. I can't stand him because he's an unethical, sleazy, dishonest, loudmouthed, rabble-rousing demagogue. A bully. A narcissist. A douchebag.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 09-18-2016 at 12:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-18-2016, 12:43 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,691 posts, read 8,762,959 times
Reputation: 7313
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking, and it's not the first time. Bott's a really smart guy, but he comes comes out with the most bizarre stuff sometimes.

Mind you, I don't think Trumps is the racist or sexist that people accuse him of being. As I've said before, he doesn't believe 3/4 of the crap he spews. He's nothing but a showman. I can't stand him because he's an unethical, sleazy, dishonest, loudmouthed, rabble-rousing demagogue. A bully. A narcissist. A douchebag.
Personally, I think he's mentally ill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2016, 01:13 PM
 
873 posts, read 815,497 times
Reputation: 554
I hate Trump as the next person but of course I wouldn't stop travelling to the U.S. if Trump won. Not that I travel to the U.S. often anyway especially now that our loonie is so low. But not travelling to a country because of what president the country has is very foolish... Presidents aren't dictators with power to do cause harm to citizens or tourists no matter what their viewpoints are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2016, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,691 posts, read 8,762,959 times
Reputation: 7313
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
I hate Trump as the next person but of course I wouldn't stop travelling to the U.S. if Trump won. Not that I travel to the U.S. often anyway especially now that our loonie is so low. But not travelling to a country because of what president the country has is very foolish... Presidents aren't dictators with power to do cause harm to citizens or tourists no matter what their viewpoints are.
No they aren't dictators, but one only has to look at the Bush years to see what can happen. The Patriot Act took away some basic rights of Americans. The increased security at borders and airports have made travel much more of a hassle.

The only hope is that if he does get in, he will be totally ineffectual as a president since I believe the powers that be won't let him get away with much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2016, 03:28 PM
 
733 posts, read 854,216 times
Reputation: 1563
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post

. He's a racist/nativist buffoon with no interest or knowledge about basically anything public-policy oriented, and he lies about everything, always.

He's probably the biggest threat to humanity since Hitler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
a man who volatile, racist, and doesn't have a friggin' clue about the rule of law and the US constitution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
He's nothing but a showman. I can't stand him because he's an unethical, sleazy, dishonest, loudmouthed, rabble-rousing demagogue. A bully. A narcissist. A douchebag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Personally, I think he's mentally ill.



Those^ are from the last few posts only, so what should we all do ?

Hide under our beds and assume the fetal position and wait for his henchmen to send us to the gulags ( no interweb ) after he has achieved world domination?


Because the threat is real children....the outsider candidate with no experience in politics, minimal donor funds or organization, and a big mouth is still in the running with the establishment candidate in 13 battleground states less than 8 weeks before the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2016, 04:02 PM
 
Location: Canada
3,914 posts, read 2,731,493 times
Reputation: 5086
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereed View Post


Those^ are from the last few posts only, so what should we all do ?

Hide under our beds and assume the fetal position and wait for his henchmen to send us to the gulags ( no interweb ) after he has achieved world domination?


Because the threat is real children....the outsider candidate with no experience in politics, minimal donor funds or organization, and a big mouth is still in the running with the establishment candidate in 13 battleground states less than 8 weeks before the election.
We're preparing...


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sCyzdD0vYOw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2016, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
5,746 posts, read 3,209,496 times
Reputation: 7190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Personally, I think he's mentally ill.
That's a real possibility. Demagogues often are mentally ill. Politics has its fair share of them, and the world of entertainment is full of them. Because demagogues desperately need an audience. They're parasites exploiting a reliable, willing host. That is why I refuse to watch/listen to most of this election's "news" and events. I won't consent to the parasitic relationship.

Anyone who does, frankly, is part of the problem. The problem being the trashy, media-obsessed, Kardashian-style Bizarro World we live in. The one that values theatre over substance. The one that gave You-Know-Who a solid platform.

I hope people DO make the decision to not travel to the US if Trump is elected. But, rejecting the Rabble-Rouser could have begun much earlier than that: you could have simply avoided the Trump Show. This is even more true, by the way, if you don't live in the US and/or not voting in the US election. Willingly eating up the Show, however smugly, because it's "entertaining," makes you as accountable as the ratings/clicks/money-obsessed media -- from Fox News and Breitbart, to HuffPost and MSNBC -- that serves it. You're a willing host.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2016, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Boston, MA
11,749 posts, read 8,314,482 times
Reputation: 5800
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
You say that now... but subtract all the business and money Canadians visitors bring in to the USA and I am certain it wont help the economy especailly for certain popular tourist areas.
Yeah, we'll certainly miss all those overweight québécois with their obscene swimsuits on the beaches of Maine next summer. Who will we make fun of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2016, 07:51 PM
 
Location: World
3,666 posts, read 3,524,189 times
Reputation: 2484
Trump list of personal friends is full of Foreigners. Just have a look at all his international business partners and all those people of different nationalities, race, religions who have purchased properties at Trump Towers. He is a TV personality-he has to say things which are helping him win this Elections. I do not think he means bad for any Foreigner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2016, 09:59 PM
 
449 posts, read 279,803 times
Reputation: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Not for the most part, I'd still go. But I have a Muslim friend I sometimes like to go on trips with, and with him theoretically being barred entry we'd likely choose other places to road trip to within Canada.
Trump modified his Muslim ban; now it's based on location ("terrorist" countries or whatever). I think it's safe to say he'll let Canadians in. Having said that, he'd still be happy to track us Muslims and close down our mosques, but that's another story for another thread... :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top