Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 01:40 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,032,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

Ever heard of people being tarred and feathered and run out of town tied up on a rail? Same principle but I think THAT is worse than stern words and a ride to the boonies in a cruiser.

The potential consequences of leaving a vulnerable person somewhere in the dark, in the middle of open fields, miles from any town or building, in sub-zero (often way sub-zero, since we're talking about the Prairies) temperatures, are far greater than any of the other examples you've mentioned.

The fact that you're being so flippant about it tells us that maybe we shouldn't be too surprised that stuff like this still happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 02:54 PM

525 posts, read 454,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
The Prairies is not the only place that 'starlight tours' have happened.

It has happened in Canada but it's also been a common practise in many other countries for decades, even hundreds of years. Who do you think the Canadian police got the idea from?

Did YOU know that it has happened in places right across Canada and not only to aboriginals, or that it's always been a common practise in other countries too?
My goodness; this barbarism happens all across Canada and other countries?! I can't wrap my head around how something so widespread even manages to get swept under the rug in the first place. This makes me so mad. And only eight months in jail as punishment? No, these terrible excuses for police officers shouldn't get to get off the hook so easily; they need to be exposed and convicted as the heartless, hateful murderers they are. Because what they're doing is murder, plain and simple. This all makes me wonder what other hateful practices exist around the "civilized" world that I don't know about. And what can we do about it?

Old 01-13-2017, 03:23 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
The potential consequences of leaving a vulnerable person somewhere in the dark, in the middle of open fields, miles from any town or building, in sub-zero (often way sub-zero, since we're talking about the Prairies) temperatures, are far greater than any of the other examples you've mentioned.

The fact that you're being so flippant about it tells us that maybe we shouldn't be too surprised that stuff like this still happens.
This sounds like something out of a horror story.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:25 PM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
My goodness; this barbarism happens all across Canada and other countries?! I can't wrap my head around how something so widespread even manages to get swept under the rug in the first place. This makes me so mad. And only eight months in jail as punishment? No, these terrible excuses for police officers shouldn't get to get off the hook so easily; they need to be exposed and convicted as the heartless, hateful murderers they are. Because what they're doing is murder, plain and simple. This all makes me wonder what other hateful practices exist around the "civilized" world that I don't know about. And what can we do about it?
This really is scary. The idea that a police office ( aka someone who technically works for us/ societyar/ the system) could literally decide upon themselves to take someone and dump them off somewhere. Totally crazy.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:35 PM

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Interesting how the only other president who has faced the religious BS of Kennedy is Obama.... Some WASPs can't deal with the idea of non WASPs running the show.
I never even knew this was an issue other then in Ireland?
I don't even think I know any Protestants? The different Christian groups disliking each other almost seems like several versions of vanila ice cream trying to claim bragging rights over which one taste better. In this debat .. they all taste and look just like vanilla to me ? *** Please note I have no issue with vanilla ice cream ***

Old 01-13-2017, 04:01 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Both hate groups yes, but Nazism needed a scapegoat, and people of Jewish faith were an easy target because, population-wise, theywere financially successful. Stats today might indicate that the Mormon, or Scientologists, are more financially lucrative.

KKK is not financially successful, is typically backwoods, and seems like hillbillies with guns.
It seems like an oxymoron to think that a KKK conehead is the same as a ruthless SS officer.
No one said they were the same groups, callm down. They are both garbage anyway you want to look at it though. They have been marching together pretty often in certain places.

Last edited by UrbanLuis; 01-13-2017 at 04:10 PM..

Old 01-13-2017, 06:10 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
I don't think its coneheads, hillbillies or Ruthless SS Officers that we need to be as mindful of in 2017 (I almost typed 2016 lol) as much as this.... The nicely dressed and 'put together' young white nationalists like this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVeZ0_Lhazw

I know I know, American but still... This stuff can trickle on up!

Old 01-13-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I don't think its coneheads, hillbillies or Ruthless SS Officers that we need to be as mindful of in 2017 (I almost typed 2016 lol) as much as this.... The nicely dressed and 'put together' young white nationalists like this guy.

It will come up here, there is not doubt about that. What we need to worry about is how wide spread will the movement be in both countries.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:10 PM

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post

How the ball starts rolling ...

You know people are always crying oh ISIS .... those crazy Arabs. Well no one was taking them serviously until it was too late and the crazy went viral so to speak. I dont think we should wait around for the crazy hate stuff to get out of hand and need to be continually pounching on this types of groups as soon as they poke up their ugly heads.

On another note just like themed in American Horror Story the biggest monsters usually hide behind normal faces. You just never know what hateful bagage some people are walking around with.

Old 01-13-2017, 10:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiGlyvIWMB4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS0v7JSvSgE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada