Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 08:48 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,413,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Just so people know, Pepsi and pepper are equivalent to s p i c and wop.
Yeah that wasn't cool. I never understood where those came from though. I never got the pepsi thing. I always thought it had something to do with the colors for some reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2019, 08:52 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,059,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Yeah that wasn't cool. I never understood where those came from though. I never got the pepsi thing. I always thought it had something to do with the colors for some reason.
Quebec is the only place in North America (and one of the only in the world) where Pepsi is more popular than Coke.

Old 10-27-2019, 06:33 PM

542 posts, read 503,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
With regard to the above sentiment, for the past 4 months the board has been tiresomely monopolized and flooded with that very flow from several of your confrères so I guess it must have become contagious. Isn't that what you all wanted and have been encouraging from everyone else?
You're really asking for a random guy to explain the actions of others, simply because they happen to be Quebecois?

Old 10-27-2019, 06:38 PM

542 posts, read 503,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhound View Post
It's just another glimpse of the Pepsi's mentality ruling Quebec. Glad I got out of there. Yet another glimpse. The French debater starts off immediately with his true feelings which are "f*** Canada". Not even a minute and a half into it. Tell us how you really feel, pepper.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3n2PT36k09U
Pepsi mentality? Very classy, Snowhound. Maybe Zoisite will explain your use of racial slurs - seeing that "you all" are anglos. That being said, I see nothing wrong with what Mr. Gauthier said. If he feels like Canada is a running joke that is his individual choice. It isn't exactly an uncommon feeling.

Old 10-28-2019, 09:30 AM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Moore 123 View Post
The separatism movement has been a topic for years in Canada and in 1995, Québec always become one. Since the Bloc Québécois gains a lot of popularity during the federal election, would you want to see a country of Québec ?
Frankly it's time the shakedown ends. Either they stay or go. In 1860 in my country South Carolina pulled that chit, followed by Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Florida and Texas. After they tried to fire on Federal property Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee and Arkansas joined the party. It did not end well.

Old 10-28-2019, 09:32 AM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Quebec is the only place in North America (and one of the only in the world) where Pepsi is more popular than Coke.
Except maybe eastern North Carolina, where Pepsi was invented, and Purchase, New York (about two miles from my house), where they are now headquartered?

Old 10-28-2019, 09:58 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,059,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Frankly it's time the shakedown ends. Either they stay or go. In 1860 in my country South Carolina pulled that chit, followed by Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Florida and Texas. After they tried to fire on Federal property Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee and Arkansas joined the party. It did not end well.
Not sure about the use of the term "shakedown", which evokes shaking something like a tree to see if any leaves (money) will fall from it to the ground.

Yes, independence is always an option that's always on the table but the Canadian government has pretty much legitimized it through its very own Clarity Act.

Quebec is still not a signatory to the 1982 Constitution and while it nonetheless remains in force (including in Quebec) there are no concrete overtures being made in order to try and get Quebec to sign on and correct this problem when it comes to "optics".

Canada continues to be governed and Quebec continues to be governed. The two governments continue to bounce off one and other in a give and take that also exists between any two entities that co-exist in a federation. (As we are also seeing with Alberta at the moment.)

Old 10-28-2019, 09:01 PM

120 posts, read 71,358 times
Comparing Pepsi's to the N word is so out of line. You both know that Pepsi is similar to calling someone an Anglo as Quebec separatists love to say in real life and on this forum. Please stop exaggerating for sympathy.

Old 10-28-2019, 09:04 PM

120 posts, read 71,358 times
Quote:
Not sure about the use of the term "shakedown", which evokes shaking something like a tree to see if any leaves (money) will fall from it to the ground.

Yes, independence is always an option that's always on the table but the Canadian government has pretty much legitimized it through its very own Clarity Act.

Quebec is still not a signatory to the 1982 Constitution and while it nonetheless remains in force (including in Quebec) there are no concrete overtures being made in order to try and get Quebec to sign on and correct this problem when it comes to "optics".

Canada continues to be governed and Quebec continues to be governed. The two governments continue to bounce off one and other in a give and take that also exists between any two entities that co-exist in a federation. (As we are also seeing with Alberta at the moment.)
So even you admit that Quebec has it pretty good. Quebec gets away with undermining Canada at every opportunity not to mention radical ethnocentric legislation aimed at gleefully driving out certain racial groups.

Old 10-29-2019, 06:08 AM

565 posts, read 672,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhound View Post
Comparing Pepsi's to the N word is so out of line. You both know that Pepsi is similar to calling someone an Anglo as Quebec separatists love to say in real life and on this forum. Please stop exaggerating for sympathy.
No, calling someone a Pepsi is definitely NOT similar to calling someone an Anglo, which only means that the person is an English-speaker. And «*Anglo*» used by every French speaker, not only «*Quebec separatists*».

«*Pepsi*» is an insult, a derogatory term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada