Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2013, 11:18 AM

797 posts, read 1,344,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
We did inquire about disability but because my husband is now retired and collects SS he can't get any assistance from disabilty. Of course our SS check (I don't get one as I am not of age yet) so we live on his and well we all know how much those checks are. My DH and myself were raised to work and neither of us has ever asked for any help with anything so even inquiring into kinds of help is difficult especially for my DH--he is a very proud man. But the time has come where we have to have help in some areas like with the medications. But thanks kimba for the thought!

We did have a nice ride and even stopped by to visit with one of my friends from the humane society spay neuter clinic. Nice visit--she is a sweetheart. We also did a small shopping and I even found some levis that fit me!! Size 4 skinny--time to eat more! That was a little depressing but I will gain some weight one way or another.

Stealth, this is my blog, journal and therapy all wrapped up into one right here. I am very lucky to have this group of wonderful friends here on CD--most I have known for years and some are newer friends but they have all been my strength and guidance. I am blessed.

Have you checked with Hospice ?
I don't use their home health aide, but a RN comes once a week to check my wife's vital signs and to see that her perscriptions are authorized when they run low.

Hospice has furnished us with a Hoyer hoist ( just in case needed) a hospital bed, and delivers the feeding tube supplies.

WE NEVER GET A BILL FROM HOSPICE.( they pay for my wife's perscription drugs also )
They bill Medicare ( only ins we got )

ALS is one of the few diseases that one is eligible to apply for Hospice as soon as diagnosed.

Hospice has been a life saver for us financially !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 12:36 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Red Wolf, you are a kind gentle person and I know you are just trying to help by providing me with some wonderful helpful information but honestly at the ALS clinic they have pretty much told me what you are saying here. And I can see where eventually it will all be so helpful but for now what "I" need here and anyone else who feels the need for support--this is just basically friendly support. I know you understand and I know you have and are feeling many of the same feelings I am having. You see I don't have family or friends near me and my support and love comes from right here. These dear friends have known me here for years and have all decided to hold me up throught this very hard time. Once a strong person I now find myself quite weak in many aspects so the support I get here is holding me together. I have no one to go and visit or talk to in person--I am basically on my own going through the hardest thing I can imagine. I am a more then normal sensitive person--with critters and people alike. I have lost so much of my self esteem and confidense through much of this situation so this thread is not so much finding out information about ALS but getting that very much needed love and support from those who really care--and these people/friends do. More then I can ever imagine! Please feel free to continue to visit and post as we are more then willing to share love and support but the very last thing I need to know or hear right now is what I already know is going to happen to my DH. I know your pain and believe me I care so please keep visiting us here and keep us informed on your dear wife and her condition. We do care......

Old 02-17-2013, 01:31 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,295,822 times
Beautifully said and I sure hope Red Wolf keeps visiting us and keep us informed on his wife. We really do care!

Old 02-17-2013, 05:11 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Yes, this is definitely a caring group. And I know it's killing Elston that he can't be here. Rest assured, he'll be online as soon as he can and I know this will be his first stop.

Hang in there, sweetheart...he's not forgotten you.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:55 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,980 times
Thinking about you, cyn, and hoping that you and your DH are having a comfortable evening.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:18 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
I do miss elston so much NMS--it's really unbelievable how one person I have never met fact to face can have such an impact on my life--it's just that I know he cares and he and I have a lot in common--looking forward to hearing from him!
But I also have all of you and you are the best of the best!
Have a good evening everyone--I am ready to kick back in my chair with my "old lady kitty". I need her purrrrring and lovin' right now.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:10 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,324,343 times
We will always be there to help you the best we can.
Big hugs and goodnight.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:28 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,324,343 times
Good morning Cyn! Hoping you had a great night.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:37 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Good morning cyn.

I will combine my snow, although I didn't get much, and em's pine trees for a beautiful picture. I hope it brings you a smile.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:05 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,675,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Good morning cyn.

I will combine my snow, although I didn't get much, and em's pine trees for a beautiful picture. I hope it brings you a smile.
Lisa.....it is perfect!!!!! Sure put a smile on my face.

Morning Cyn and friends. Hope today is less eventful and more peaceful for you and hubby today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving