Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 04:00 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,325,215 times

Advertisements

Big hugs to you and your DH.
Glad your son is ready to help if needed - hope he will do what he said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 06:53 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
Good morning friends!
I hope he does too Sudcaro. His life is very busy but sometimes you have to take out time for things like this.
Not sure why but ever since having the feeding peg put in my DH is having a hard time sleeping. Another sleepless night last night and we are both so tired. Maybe the tube is uncomfortable and wakes him up? He said he just wakes up and then can't go back to sleep. Of course I feel him tossing and turning and I wake up. He was up several times last night. Hope this gets better as we both need some sleep!

Old 04-12-2014, 01:56 PM

I am really having a sad day today--and lonely....talked to my daughter and heard the newest grand daughter giggling in the background---oh how I wish I could hold her. Just a sad day--no sleep and DH doesn't feel well at all. I see this ALS progressing at a rapid speed now and it scares me....where did all my strength I had as a younger woman go? Nothing scared me then...now everything does. I even worry about having plenty of pet food on hand--worried I might run out...must be a security thing. I guess I just never know when and what will happen next here and it's the unknown that is scary...

Old 04-12-2014, 02:14 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,325,215 times
Sweetie, yes, the unknown is scary, but I think the thought of losing someone we love is the scariest of all. I try not to think about these things but some days, without any reason, it's stonger than I am and comes to haunt me.
You are stronger than you think, Cyn. But you have a lot on your plate too, so don't feel bad because you're scared.
Big hugs.

Old 04-12-2014, 03:59 PM

I am looking forward to falling asleep for at least a little bit tonight. I have no idea what tonight will bring with DH's sleeping but I know I am wearing down so I sure hope he sleeps a whole night tonight. I know he must be tired too but he said he doesn't feel that tired. Course he gets to nap during the day too. Today when we went to town to get some necessities I had 5 stops to make (only got 4 done) but I ran in and out of each store as my DH was in the truck with the a/c running and I didn't want him to be left there long. I feel like I ran a marathon. Then I get home and have the items purchased to unload from the truck and put away, packages to wrap for sending, animals that need feeding and of course my DH eats every 3 hours now so no time to just sit and relax. Coming here to post is my relaxing time and then it's off to get more done here....I want night to come and I want to relax so badly. I am sure a good nights sleep will make it all okay!

Old 04-12-2014, 04:19 PM

14,956 posts, read 12,166,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I am really having a sad day today--and lonely....talked to my daughter and heard the newest grand daughter giggling in the background---oh how I wish I could hold her. Just a sad day--no sleep and DH doesn't feel well at all. I see this ALS progressing at a rapid speed now and it scares me....where did all my strength I had as a younger woman go? Nothing scared me then...now everything does. I even worry about having plenty of pet food on hand--worried I might run out...must be a security thing. I guess I just never know when and what will happen next here and it's the unknown that is scary...
(((Cyn)))), with all that's going on with you and your DH, all those feelings you express, loneliness, fear, exhaustion and weakness are perfectly understandable. It's bad enough but that lack of sleep has to make it even worse.....

I'm glad that you were able to talk to your daughter, and at least hear your new grandbaby giggling, and there will come a time that you can hold her, and watch her grow.....

I hope, hope, hope that your son and his daughters will come to visit you and DH as often as they can, and do anything they can, even little stuff that will let you know they are thinking of you and want to help.

Is that visiting nurse still coming to see you and DH? If so, or even if you can contact someone, maybe they have some tips that might counteract any discomfort or problems DH may be having with the feeding tube. Maybe he is still adjusting to it?

(((Cyn))), just some more prayers and good thoughts, wish there was some way the moral support for you could be more tangible.....

Old 04-12-2014, 04:21 PM

14,956 posts, read 12,166,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I am looking forward to falling asleep for at least a little bit tonight. I have no idea what tonight will bring with DH's sleeping but I know I am wearing down so I sure hope he sleeps a whole night tonight. I know he must be tired too but he said he doesn't feel that tired. Course he gets to nap during the day too. Today when we went to town to get some necessities I had 5 stops to make (only got 4 done) but I ran in and out of each store as my DH was in the truck with the a/c running and I didn't want him to be left there long. I feel like I ran a marathon. Then I get home and have the items purchased to unload from the truck and put away, packages to wrap for sending, animals that need feeding and of course my DH eats every 3 hours now so no time to just sit and relax. Coming here to post is my relaxing time and then it's off to get more done here....I want night to come and I want to relax so badly. I am sure a good nights sleep will make it all okay!
Cyn, that IS a marathon! You've just added the frequent tube feedings to all the other duties on your plate- anyone would be tired, sad, frustrated, you name it, and I dare say most of us wouldn't do as well as you have...

I pray you have a good, restful night's sleep with no interruptions......

Old 04-12-2014, 04:49 PM

You are my angel--thank you!

Old 04-13-2014, 02:40 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Good Morning. I have been busy at my church the last couple of days...and part of that was providing a lunch for guest attending a workshop...I made a sandwich buffet with lots of options.

I was exhausted and went to bed early last night...but as you see....up early this morning. (I got up and started at 3 am)
Busy day today too. My DP is coming home from a three day tennis tournament out of town...and my son and family are arriving for a visit on their way to Key West.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:04 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,405,807 times
Up early here also

Good morning cyn and friends.

Do you have Skype? I don't but I hear it is a way to talk with your loved ones and you can see each other. That would be nice to see your DD and the new baby

Hugs to you. I hope you can get your hubby to settle the legal stuff…and no it isn;t pleasant but it must be done. Good luck.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving