Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 02:43 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,225 times

Advertisements

This was on the politics/controversies forum today. Apparently, the cat wandered into this woman's yard and her dog chased it into a neighboring yard...the woman got her gun and shot the cat to "protect" her dog, her sister & herself. Disgusting. I hope she gets locked up...there are many other choice words I would love to use here, but I will refrain....

Woman says she shot cat after attack - UPI.com

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-shot-cat.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 03:25 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
She obviously is a cat hater and she finally thought she had a good excuse to kill one.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:52 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
is all I can "say".

Old 11-21-2010, 04:00 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Why do all the crazy people live in Florida? And why do they all live in mobile home parks? I think I will keep my cat inside. Fortunately, in Miami, there is a law against pit bulls. The problem here is that there are so many stray cats...

I think that there were more issues to this story than on the paper...I think maybe there was some previous animosity, and the woman used this as an excuse to shoot the woman's cat. Not that I agree with the woman shooting a cat..but she must be a good shot to shoot a cat with a .32 handgun, and not shoot her dog as well...interesting..more to this story I think...

Last edited by jasper12; 11-21-2010 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 11-22-2010, 12:09 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
They dn't all live in Florida, I can assure you. That woman belongs in a home for the unpleasant. Being a good shot doesn't make it any less repellent.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:09 AM

544 posts, read 1,485,507 times
Surely there are legal penalties for this? Where I live, shooting a handgun outside is a criminal charge, and shooting an animal is infinitely worse. She needs to be incarcerated.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:36 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Without a doubt the shooter is a whack job. She deserves to be arrested and deserves her fines.
What amazes me however is that some people don't see the other side of the issue.
Someone decides they want to have a cat as a pet. No issue there at all. If you like cats this is the USA after all go for it.
But then many if not most cat owners decide to inflict their choice on all of their neighbors.
I guess some find cat paw prints on their cars paint cute.
Maybe some don't mind a little kitty poop in their spice garden.
Maybe some don't mind cat pee sprayed on their house and property. Hey to each their own. Personally I hate that smell.
Obviously I am not a cat person. I don't hate them. I simply am not attracted to cats. Kittens? Who doesn't love kittens? I can play with them until one or both of us wears out. I just wouldn't want to own one.
Its never ok to force your pet decisions on others. I get mad when someone lets their dog toilet in my yard. I don't care if they clean it up I don't like it. I love dogs. My dogs are trained to use the same spot every time. Makes it easy to manage.
The point is if the owner of said victimized cat had taken care of their kitty, had managed their pet the pet would be alive and well today. In short the cat was the victim of a whack job with a gun and of its owner.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:57 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,472,832 times
This is a case where the authorities are probably all over this nut case because they know she is just two clicks away from shooting the paper boy or the postman.

But, a person who would shoot a cat, in my humble opinion, does not deserve to live.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:05 PM

544 posts, read 1,485,507 times
tinman, I take your point. IMHO, ppl who love their animals don't let them roam around outside.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:40 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,225 times
Both owners were irresponsible here...the owner of the cat, especially knowing a pit bull lives right next door, should have known that this was not a safe or suitable environment for her cat to roam free in, and the dog owner should have the dog on a lead when outside if it can easily escape the yard to chase creatures, as most dogs love to do. These people are ignorant, and a cat is now dead because of their ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats