Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 10:16 AM

836 posts, read 3,382,694 times

Advertisements

Thanks for everyones help and advise... Rosie hasn't made a full recovery yet but is on her way.. I am glad she found us even though I wasn't quite ready for another cat yet..she is such a sweet heart..
Here is Coco on left, Rosie on right..
Attached Thumbnails
Need some help with my kitten..-dscn1937.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 12:43 PM

575 posts, read 1,996,290 times
What a little sweetie. She will be so gorgeous when she's grown up

Old 10-13-2011, 03:31 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,471,916 times
She is very pretty! Go Rosie!

Old 02-08-2012, 12:37 PM

OK So its been a while since Ive posted on here about Rosie.. so I am posting again to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Rosie is still having issues with her sinuses... she does normal kitten stuff like driving me crazy but she is still wheezing, has a constant stuffy nose, sounds like its all up in her nasal cavity..I had thought maybe she had asthma but not to sure about that. 2weeks ago I took her back to the vet for her final kitten shots and he couldn't do it because she was so clogged up and running a fever (of course with the way she runs around the house playing you would never know she was even sick until u hear her breathing)..to me it seems like its a pain for her trying to breathe but she doesn't seem to bothered by it.. she still snores extremely loud and snorts allot when she's playing with her toys.
So What I would like to know.. is there anything else we can do to help her breath better..or is there something else I should consult the doctor about for her issues..such as putting her on sinus meds. (btw I still give her the Lysine, run the vapor steamers etc..) according to the Vet she will probably have this problem for the rest of her life. And I would think if this is so.. then am I going to be able to get her fixed?. I feel so bad for her even though she isn't bothered to much by it..guess its just because she's my lil baby.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:00 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,036,022 times
I"m sure it's very frustrating. Sweet William also has some sinus issues - he used to go on sneezing jags of up to 10 big sneezes (kitty-snot flying! ewww), and it always looks like 1 nostril is pretty close- I have no idea how he can breathe! and he does snore. But, the vet assures me he can breathe just fine and it's all part of his being a herpes-cat. as long as I keep him on the lysine every day, he's doing fine. btw: he's gotten much better as he's gotten older. He's 12 now, but while he was a kitten, the sneezing and snot, even on the lysine could get a lot; as he's aged he hardly sneezes at all now.

so.. if the vet feels she's ok, and she's running and playing fine, don't worry about the sinuses. keep giving her the lysine. What did the vet feel should be done about the fever? that is more worrisome.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:18 AM

Actually the Vet gave he another antibiotics shot and I have to take her in sometime in the next week or so to try and get her regular shots again.. She doesn't do allot of sneezing..she just sounds really clogged up, kind of snotty sounding with a lil wheezing.. she has also been throwing her food up.. not everytime or everyday but now and again..so I don't know if they will give her the shots or not..but I will let the vet know soon as we go back in.
Crazy thing about her is she grunts like a puppy, snores really loud, and snorts..and has these balls she like to play with.. if she looses them under the couch she will grunt and whimper like a puppy until you get it for her.. she is a total mess.. I am hoping as she gets older these issues will go away with her but until then I will just keep doing what Ive been doing. Thanks...

Old 02-09-2012, 08:35 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,993,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
Actually the Vet gave he another antibiotics shot and I have to take her in sometime in the next week or so to try and get her regular shots again.. She doesn't do allot of sneezing.....
If I were you I would get a second opinion, hopefully from a vet that treats many or only cats.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:23 AM

I had thought about seeing another Vet, but we have already been to 3 different ones since we moved to this state 2 yrs ago and this one we go to now we actually like.
I'm really wondering is she just has cat allergies due to having what the doctor said the cat flu or herpes virus when she was 6weeks old..the sickness was almost fatal to her..thank goodness she was able to over come it. I think I will talk to the dr about it and see if he wants to try allergy meds on her.. Only because she sounds so clogged up in her sinuses, kind of like she has a snotty nose but nothings coming out. When she is cleaning herself she sounds like a lil piggy snorting and making all kinds of weird noises and she does the same thing when she gets one of her balls she likes playing with..when she puts it in her mouth like she can only breathe through her mouth.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:22 AM

575 posts, read 1,996,290 times
Cats can get what they call nasal polyps. Here is a link to check out

ACVS - Nasopharyngeal Polyps

I have known two people who have had cats have these removed! One sent me pictures (which I cannot find now ) and you would NOT believe the size of the thing they pulled out of her cats sinuses. Worth seeking an opinion on.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:42 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,576,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittymom4 View Post
Cats can get what they call nasal polyps. Here is a link to check out

ACVS - Nasopharyngeal Polyps

I have known two people who have had cats have these removed! One sent me pictures (which I cannot find now ) and you would NOT believe the size of the thing they pulled out of her cats sinuses. Worth seeking an opinion on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats