Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 12:37 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
That's what I don't get... the fact that in most municipalities, in every city *I* personally have lived in, there are strict laws regarding keeping dogs leashed when they are not on their home property (unless they are in a dog park), but cat owners are allowed to let their cats roam where ever and whenever they choose.

My own cat is kept indoors, although she has been out on a leash several times, and vaxxed in accordance to state law. I would gladly license her if I was required to do so.
Roaming dogs kill other pets and hurt people. Cats don't. It's also why we don't let feral dogs be as they are, but we do cats. At least here. Our shelter fixes them and gives them a rabies shot and sets them free. But not dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 11:30 AM

838 posts, read 554,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Roaming dogs kill other pets and hurt people. Cats don't. It's also why we don't let feral dogs be as they are, but we do cats. At least here. Our shelter fixes them and gives them a rabies shot and sets them free. But not dogs.
I think ContraPagan meant that there shouldn't be a distinction between roaming cats or dogs from a bathroom perspective rather than which one is more of a threat to humans/pets. I don't want cat feces in my flowerbed anymore than I want to mow over someone else's dog mess.

It is true that when I am vulnerable to a roaming dog I do tense up and feel fear but when I see a roaming cat, I don't. However when I am in a more secure place like my home or car, when I see either a roaming dog OR cat, that makes me feel fear too. Not for me, but for them.

A friend of mine was going down a 2 lane road on her way to work one morning when a cat bolted into the street from out of nowhere. Her first instinct was to swerve as she was startled. Thankfully she hit a tree and not an oncoming car. More than that, she was not seriously injured.....and the cat escaped with his life too. That time, at least.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:30 PM

30 posts, read 27,272 times
I have 22 years old female cat named COCOPUFF. My daughter found her in South philadelphia in raining day and she was soaked on street but nobody cared. sadly, we found she was pregnant and she had only two kittens. Good thing was my husband never complained about having extra kittens around our house and seemed like he was delighted to welcome new members of cutest hair balls. Now my husband is no longer with us but COCOPUFF is still here with us. This morning, my daughter told me that she found 2 cute mouses in glue trap so she freed them and cleaned them by using vegetable oil to remove glue completely and let go free outside to save them. I am so proud of her of caring for God's little creatures! She does this every time when she find mice in cruel glue traps. Sorry for out of subject but uncivilized torture of glue trap has no place in civilized society.

Old 09-11-2017, 06:04 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
"Oh, were so worried every time he goes outside!!!"

Hey, dumbass. Keep your cat inside.

You know, there is a reason responsible pet owners don't leave their pets outside unsupervised.
Human animals shouldnt be violent ********.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats