Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 10:42 AM

363 posts, read 1,146,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It just pains me to see these kittens like this. They need a round of amoxicillin pronto. It is not that expensive...$8 for a round. This is not going to go away by itself. Maybe you can go into a vet and explain to them the circumstances. Show them the pictures. With any luck they may give you a prescription or even offer to take the poor things
I agree with you. This will not go away by itself.

This kind of thing kills me...if people would just be responsible and get thier pets spayed or neutered we would not have the pet overpopulation problem that we have. Stray dogs and feral cats live very difficult lives...disease, lack of food, territorial fights, abuse...the list goes on and on. We have a family in the neighborhood that feeds feral cats and but will not take the responsiblity to get them fixed. They keep reproducing...shocker! I try to trap the kittens when they are old enough to be away from their mother but not too old that they will too wild to adopt in a shelter. They think they are helping the cats but they are adding to a serious problem. It saddens me when I hear someone say "oh..Frank's dog killed another kitten that wandered into the yard". So sorry...let me get off my soapbox.

The OP has done what she can for these kittens which is very kind of her but if they do not receive medical attention they will not survive in the wild. A feral cat that can't see is pretty helpless. The mother cat will take off when the kittens get bigger leaving them to fend for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 01:20 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
You could always place a ad in Craigslist.com . Free ads that get a lot of exposure.
Not sure where in Missouri you are, they have a few in the state for you. craigslist: kansas city, MO classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events
Never advertise a pet on craigslist! Heard too many bad stories. You do not want any strangers from their knocking on your door. Plus labs scour there looking for cats and dog for research projects.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:55 PM

363 posts, read 1,146,342 times
Quote:
Never advertise a pet on craigslist! Heard too many bad stories. You do not want any strangers from their knocking on your door. Plus labs scour there looking for cats and dog for research projects.
Also...for fodder for dog fighting..... sad world we live in!

Old 05-15-2009, 04:56 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,831,224 times
Amazingly only one had a tick. I've had three myself. It's amazing 4 kittens only had one combined. I gave them a bath today. They did not enjoy that.

They've been living where Dad's table saw is, and the area was full of sawdust, spilled food, and ants, so I swept it out. I gave them some moist food and fresh water. They've been pooping in the corner of the shed so I set a litter box in the same spot. I went out there earlier and the momma was eating the moist cat food, but she ran off. Last time I peeked around the corner, she was nursing. She saw me, but I snuck away and she didn't move. Her eyes are green.

It's a bit hot today.

Also, the smallest kitten has the biggest mouth. I still haven't had a reply from the shelter, either on the phone or to my email.

My cat (my pet domestic neutered cat that lives in the house) has gotten on the old computer desk at least six times today. I get him down and he jumps back up there ten minutes later.

**EDIT: Excuse my poor grammar skills right now. It's been a long day.

Last edited by STLCardsBlues1989; 05-15-2009 at 05:44 PM..

Old 05-16-2009, 02:33 PM

I called another shelter that I thought took cats. They don't any more. The first shelter hasn't contacted me and it's been like 3 days.

There's one more shelter about 45 minutes away. I'll try it I guess. I'm not having much luck. Scratch that. The last shelter is full.

I'll just have to give the kittens away as they are I guess. The new owners can choose to take them to the vet if they want to. There's not really any other choice.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:53 AM

Someone on this forum (I'm not sure if he wants me to say who) has graciously offered to send money to our vet (I don't give out my address online) to cover the cost of taking the kittens to the vet. Thank you!

I think I might have homes for 2 of the kittens. I'm not sure yet.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:37 PM

244 posts, read 718,075 times
Default There is still good in the world...

That is awesome! Thank you good kitty samaritan

Good karma your way

Old 05-18-2009, 12:46 PM

283 posts, read 892,756 times
Great news! Thank you whoever you might be! We need more people like you int he world.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:33 PM

Yes, these are my ugly shoes and ugly pants.

Post Bath:

Today:

Who doesn't love a scratch behind the ears?

Old 05-18-2009, 06:11 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcardsblues1989 View Post

yes, these are my ugly shoes and ugly pants.

Post bath:

Today:

Who doesn't love a scratch behind the ears?
they are so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats