Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 01:24 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,566,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
All this is about $$$$$$$$$ and 15 mins of fame!!
Some of the accusers are wealthy in their own right and haven't asked for a dime. One of them is an A-list actress who has a lot more to lose for lying than for telling the truth.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:28 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,576 times
I'm sure he had sex with all those women , but drugged ? I doubt it .

Old 12-03-2014, 01:54 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,530,896 times
Really? So, if he just "had sex with all those women" why didn't they just come out and claim that, try to get some money from him? He's supposed to have been a happily married man all these years, right? That would have been damaging enough. Think Tiger Woods.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:36 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,809,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
I'm sure he had sex with all those women , but drugged ? I doubt it .
Right. Because the simplest explanation is that either:

*At least 16 different women are all lying in inexplicably-jibing accounts as they describe similar instances of drugging and/or raping. They've even done so over the years - some of these allegations involve police reports that are decades old (sorry to disappoint the "Why have none of these women said anything before now?" crowd). Also lying are various acquaintances of these women, who testify that the women confided to them at the alleged time of the sexual assaults.

or

*A man is a rapist and is lying about it.

Seriously? You think it more likely that dozens of people in total are lying than one man is lying? You find it that hard to believe that a given man is a rapist? (are you even able to distinguish between Bill Cosby, a real person who you do not know, and Dr. Huxtable, who does not actually exist?) You think women went to the police years and decades ago to file reports of charges against Cosby, you know, just because?

I'd like to say that I'm amazed at the mental gymnastics people will do in order to attack rape victims and whitewash rape just because the rapist is someone they enjoy watching on television... but I can't honestly say that I am, in fact, surprised - just depressed at such a sorry state of affairs.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:56 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,990,441 times
I do think there's a big chunk of truth here. I've read many times over the years in various formers about Cosby on the show. An affair with the one who played the oldest daughter. Him either wanting to desperately, succeeding fully or getting to Lisa Bonet (as explanations that he did something to her due to her behavior on the show behind the scenes running off with Lenny to escape, Bill getting upset about her choices but all of a sudden she gets her own show).

A Different World being her payoff/hush money.

People have been saying for years Bill was off and now women are coming out of the woodwork.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:01 PM

2 posts, read 5,175 times
Default Crosby

I am so disgusted with him, I can't even look at his face!
He is worthless.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:10 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,868 times
Bill Cosby must pay $100 million to the women who say he sexually assaulted him | Daily Mail Online

Gloria Allred now has three women talking about their individual experiences.

Think logically: Put yourself (male or female) in his place for a moment. If you had NOT done any of this, wouldn't you have spoken up by now with vehement denial? I'll tell you this: If I were in his place, I'd have been buying airtime on every major news outlet to defend myself and my FAMILY frm the get-go. I'd be in a white-heat rage, and I would have also sued these women for defamation of character at the VERY least. Think again: He has every right to sue; nearly 20 women are dragging his name through the muck. So why doesn't he? What would an innocent person do?

Would an innocent person continue to hide behind his lawyers, only emerging to "tweet" his thanks to the only two people in media who support him (Whoopi and Jill Scott)? Would an innocent person agree without a whimper to resign from his alma mater's board and continue to cancel his previously scheduled, upcoming appearances? Would an innocent man stand by and let these venues cut him off without a word?

Where are all the other actors from "The Cosby Show?" What do you want to bet they're afraid of him, too? That he'll spread rumours and avarice about them?

Old 12-04-2014, 06:11 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,437,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
Bill Cosby must pay $100 million to the women who say he sexually assaulted him | Daily Mail Online

Gloria Allred now has three women talking about their individual experiences.

Think logically: Put yourself (male or female) in his place for a moment. If you had NOT done any of this, wouldn't you have spoken up by now with vehement denial? I'll tell you this: If I were in his place, I'd have been buying airtime on every major news outlet to defend myself and my FAMILY frm the get-go. I'd be in a white-heat rage, and I would have also sued these women for defamation of character at the VERY least. Think again: He has every right to sue; nearly 20 women are dragging his name through the muck. So why doesn't he? What would an innocent person do?

Would an innocent person continue to hide behind his lawyers, only emerging to "tweet" his thanks to the only two people in media who support him (Whoopi and Jill Scott)? Would an innocent person agree without a whimper to resign from his alma mater's board and continue to cancel his previously scheduled, upcoming appearances? Would an innocent man stand by and let these venues cut him off without a word?

Where are all the other actors from "The Cosby Show?" What do you want to bet they're afraid of him, too? That he'll spread rumours and avarice about them?
This alone is very telling. Why doesn't someone who has been a prominent and well respected entertainer for decades have anyone speaking out in support of him? Very odd.

Old 12-04-2014, 11:25 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,209,625 times
30 years ago we were barely out of the civil rights era... don't you think police and prosecutors would have been chomping at the bit to take down a prominent black man???

Old 12-04-2014, 01:02 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,566,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
30 years ago we were barely out of the civil rights era... don't you think police and prosecutors would have been chomping at the bit to take down a prominent black man???

In 1984? Yeah. Barely out of the civil rights era. And they were chomping at the bit to take down the guy who had enough cash to buy a stake in NBC and became generation X's TV dad. Recall that beloved icons are protected to a fault. Which is why most of these women felt powerless to say anything for fear of what's being said about them now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities