Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2014, 11:13 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,565,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Joe Paterno was falsely accused.
Falsely accused of what?

Old 12-13-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes indeed.....

People also BLINDLY BELIEVE things w/o a shred of proof...... I was @ my friends record store yesterday and they firmly believe he is guilty...... JUST ON HEARSAY OF ALL THESE PEOPLE..........

I think it may all just be a $$$$$$ ploy..... 26 YEARS LATER??

ALL AT THE SAME TIME???????

There IS an agenda here...........
Again. Another non-reader. lol You're mus-informed because you'd rather take someone's word who probably hasn't read anything either. Even if you read through this thread you'd find evidence that what you just said was incorrect. It just goes to show that rape vicitims in this country are marginalized and undervalued. They use rape for something they want. That's pretty darn sad.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:24 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,993,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Yes. Our society is sad. Sad that so many women with corroborating testimonies about rape or being drugged can't receive the benefit of the doubt against one man because he's a celebrity. Knowing that if he was Bill Cosby from down the street, he'd be in jail right now as a serial rapist on less evidence. Yeah. That's pretty sad.

If you have money and power, you face a strikingly different justice system. And do you know why that is? Because our society doesn't demand or expect any better. So, there will always be two societies in this country and two different justice systems.
When you wait 30+ years to say something about a rape accusation, you shouldn't be surprise if people hold you liable for scrutiny. At some point you have to take responsibility and have the courage to come forward as soon as possible. When you choose not to say anything, it increases the possibility that you will be perceived as lying, especially if it's decades before you even say anything.

Old 12-13-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
When you wait 30+ years to say something about a rape accusation, you shouldn't be surprise if people hold you liable for scrutiny. At some point you have to take responsibility and have the courage to come forward as soon as possible. When you choose not to say anything, it increases the possibility that you will be perceived as lying, especially if it's decades before you even say anything.
You haven't read anything about the story. I'll bring you up to date. A number of women DID speak up during the time these rapes happened. One woman was prepared to go to court and 13 Jane Doe's agreed to testify. The Bill Cosby settled our of court. One woman in Philadelphia went to the police and they dragged their feet and the woman gave up hope that anything would be done about it. Other women told the talent agency who, by no surprise, did nothing. Sounds like the Penn State case right? Joe Paterno brought it to the attention of the AD, which did nothing. Now, were the men lying because they brought it up decades later?

These women have tried to bring it up more than once. But the public sentiment toward rape victims' allegations against celebrities is always skeptical. And I don't blame female victims for being discouraged to come forward. If people will never believe them, what's the point?

Old 12-13-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
You haven't read anything about the story. I'll bring you up to date. A number of women DID speak up during the time these rapes happened. One woman was prepared to go to court and 13 Jane Doe's agreed to testify. The Bill Cosby settled our of court. One woman in Philadelphia went to the police and they dragged their feet and the woman gave up hope that anything would be done about it. Other women told the talent agency who, by no surprise, did nothing. Sounds like the Penn State case right? Joe Paterno brought it to the attention of the AD, which did nothing. Now, were the men lying because they brought it up decades later?

These women have tried to bring it up more than once. But the public sentiment toward rape victims' allegations against celebrities is always skeptical. And I don't blame female victims for being discouraged to come forward. If people will never believe them, what's the point?
Well that shouldn't stop them from trying. When you choose to stay silent for years after, you can't be surprise if people aren't going to believe you. Anyone that takes a plea deal for money, I have to seriously question whether or not they were lying about the accusation. To me it sends red flags when a person is willing to name a price for their rape. If someone sexually assaulted one of my relatives, I would not take a plea deal and have the person walk away from the crime. This is similar to the Micheal Jackson child molestation cases. The parents of those children took advantage of him for the sole purpose of getting money out of him. Basically receiving money from Micheal Jackson was worth their kids being molested.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:05 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,797 times
Look up some of the facts here. It is pointless to argue with you when you clearly don't know what you are talking about. Oh, and by the way, it appears that the majority of people DO believe them.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Look up some of the facts here. It is pointless to argue with you when you clearly don't know what you are talking about.
Funny I was going to say the same to you.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Oh, and by the way, it appears that the majority of people DO believe them.
The majority of Americans believe anything the media tells them without questioning it. So it doesn't surprise me that they can believe accusations without any evidence.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
The majority of Americans believe anything the media tells them without questioning it. So it doesn't surprise me that they can believe accusations without any evidence.
uh. No. You can actually read the personal testimony of the women themselves without media spin and commentary. Google is your friend.

Old 12-14-2014, 03:06 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly
And if EVERYONE COMES OUT @ ONCE??

Makes it seem like theres an agenda!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities