Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 06:55 AM

13,400 posts, read 28,717,395 times

Advertisements

Former cast mate defends Bill...me, I'm still on the fence, all though it's getting to the point where I'm leaning toward unbelievable.

Phylicia Rashad Defends Bill Cosby and Blasts His Accusers:

Old 01-07-2015, 07:08 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,564,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
I don't think he will see any jail time either. The fact that these women chose to do interviews with magazines that paid them for their stories vs going to the police never sat well me in the beginning.

Do I believe Cosby slept with some/most of these women? Sure do.

Do I believe they didn't know there was sex attached to the "come meet me alone at night so we can talk about your career" offer? Not really.

Now if he's slipping them drugs of course that's wrong but the cynical part of me just thinks these women knew there were strings attached to spending time alone with him.
So, what you're saying is, that these woman made the whole thing up so that 40 years later they could get magazine and TV interviews? lol 25 Women separate women in different parts of the country and of different races and backgrounds all decided on the same plan; to keep quiet until 2014 when they can gang up on ole Dr. Huxtable? I give them more credit than that.

Here's a more realistic take. One of the victims filed charges in 2005 and had 13 Jane Does lined up to testify. Cosby settled out of court. This is PUBLIC record. A magazine, TIME, picked up on it and interviewed the woman who filed charges.

Fast forward 9 years. A comedian, probably recalling that interview, brought it up in his act. It then went viral. So, magazines and TV shows start investigating the claim and found the TIME article along with the public record of a court settlement. Then they start looking for the Jane Does so that they could get their stories. As these stories started coming out, as women have said, if gave more of them courage to come forward.

There was no group conspiracy in the 70s and 80s to come out and attack Cosby in the year 2014. If it sounds unreasonable, then it is. Why Cosby? There are plenty of Hollywood big wigs to take down. Why now? Why so many? People are always looking for alternative motives when most often, the answer is simply that they are telling the truth.

If it's so hard to believe 25 women are telling the truth, then why is it so easy to believe that Cosby is telling the truth? That flies in the face of logic given the history of how rape victims are treated in this country when a woman is raped, let alone raped by a powerful, influential individual. recall, these all weren't grown women. These were VERY impressionable teenagers who perhaps put a little too much trust in Cosby than a grown woman would have. But that's part of the power and influence he had.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:28 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,249,721 times
I'm with Phylicia Rashad - it's orchestrated. I have said that from the beginning. Bill Cosby is a CONSERVATIVE black man and I think there are those who would like to destroy him for that reason, just like they tried to destroy Herman Cain.

Keisha Knight Pulliam (Rudy Huxtable) also said that the allegations that are being made are not the Bill Cosby she knows.

Rudy Huxtable breaks her silence on Bill Cosby rape allegations | Daily Mail Online

Old 01-07-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I'm with Phylicia Rashad - it's orchestrated. I have said that from the beginning. Bill Cosby is a CONSERVATIVE black man and I think there are those who would like to destroy him for that reason, just like they tried to destroy Herman Cain.

Keisha Knight Pulliam (Rudy Huxtable) also said that the allegations that are being made are not the Bill Cosby she knows.

Rudy Huxtable breaks her silence on Bill Cosby rape allegations | Daily Mail Online
Yes, I'm another odd man out, this is to the point where it is unbelievable and orchestrated is a good word choice to describe it!

Old 01-07-2015, 07:47 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,125,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Former cast mate defends Bill...me, I'm still on the fence, all though it's getting to the point where I'm leaning toward unbelievable.

While people complain that the accusing women are only in it for the money; former actors can be paid residuals. Everybody's motives are up for review. Would you cut off your nose to spite your face?

Old 01-07-2015, 07:53 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,299,911 times
Quote:

If that's true, it's doubtful the guy would have been frequenting the Playboy Mansion and other questionable places that a true family man would not frequent or be caught dead in. There are far too many press pics of him there to be just a fluke or one time deal. Not to mention, Hugh and Bill admit their buddyship / close friendship.

It just doesn't add up! Would a man completely devoted to his family, his wife, just causes, family values, and supposed Christian faith be best buddies with Hugh? Would that man also frequent a place where temptation is everywhere? Right!

Old 01-07-2015, 08:01 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,564,472 times
Quote:

Whoa. Okay. Be careful. So, a priest, who is conservative, can't rape someone? A father can't rape his daughter? A Baptist minister can't rape a teenage boy? Be very careful in judging what an individual ISN'T capable of based on outward appearance.

I've noticed in this thread that those who tend to side with the victim, were actually victims themselves. And those who believe that this is a massive orchestrated event to attack a "conservative" either hasn't experienced rape or hasn't known someone who has experienced it AND has had the experience of social isolation and skepticism.

ANYONE is capable of ANYTHING. And when things do happen, we say, "Oh. He couldn't possibly have shot all those children. He was a quiet good boy." Oh my priest couldn't have molested those boys. He married us and christened our children." "Uncle Mike? molested his niece? I don't believe it! He's been like a father to her."

Bill Cosby can be anyone he wants to be, to whom he wants to. He can be a father figure to Keisha and a respected peer to Phylicia and be a monster to someone else. If you don't think a man, who has joked about date drugs, has power and influence, is capable of that, then you're naive.

We would all hope that our beloved TV personalities are just as we see them on TV, but it's FICTION. He gets paid to ACT. His cast on the Cosby Show was a cash cow. He would be dumd to jeapardize that by allowing his actions to affect the relationship with is cast members. He's a VERY smart man.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:08 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,816,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post

Another co-worker who claims "that's not the man I knew," and then "blasts" accusers. That is what abuse victims have had to contend with since time immemorial.

The obstacles these young women faced at the time are becoming even clearer now.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Whoa. Okay. Be careful. So, a priest, who is conservative, can't rape someone? A father can't rape his daughter? A Baptist minister can't rape a teenage boy? Be very careful in judging what an individual ISN'T capable of based on outward appearance.

I've noticed in this thread that those who tend to side with the victim, were actually victims themselves. And those who believe that this is a massive orchestrated event to attack a "conservative" either hasn't experienced rape or hasn't known someone who has experienced it AND has had the experience of social isolation and skepticism.

ANYONE is capable of ANYTHING. And when things do happen, we say, "Oh. He couldn't possibly have shot all those children. He was a quiet good boy." Oh my priest couldn't have molested those boys. He married us and christened our children." "Uncle Mike? molested his niece? I don't believe it! He's been like a father to her."

Bill Cosby can be anyone he wants to be, to whom he wants to. He can be a father figure to Keisha and a respected peer to Phylicia and be a monster to someone else. If you don't think a man, who has joked about date drugs, has power and influence, is capable of that, then you're naive.

We would all hope that our beloved TV personalities are just as we see them on TV, but it's FICTION. He gets paid to ACT. His cast on the Cosby Show was a cash cow. He would be dumd to jeapardize that by allowing his actions to affect the relationship with is cast members. He's a VERY smart man.

For me "conservative" has nothing to do with it at all because conservatives can be just as much an az wipe as the next person.

To me after reading about this for months something is nagging at me that something is not right
The old saying "Something is Rotten in Denmark" springs to mind.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Another co-worker who claims "that's not the man I knew," and then "blasts" accusers. That is what abuse victims have had to contend with since time immemorial.

The obstacles these young women faced at the time are becoming even clearer now.
We are all entitled to our opinions, which are based on what media is reporting and something is just not ringing true in my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities