Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2022, 01:46 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,090,217 times

Advertisements

Here’s a local article on his passing. He tweeted at 3:42 AM Sunday to thank his audience. While his passing was sudden and too soon, he was doing what he loved and was very happy.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ary-story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2022, 02:19 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,444,730 times
Bought my son and his fiancee, a ticket to B. Sagets show years ago.
Son came home with a lower opinion of that gent. Some may enjoy raunchy. He did not. What I thought was a kind gesture , left a sense of, maybe I should have done a bit more review before gifting such.

Will say this, his devotion to his daughters is commendable. They must be so devastated. And for that I can respect this time of loss for those that knew him as a dad ...a friend .

Old 01-10-2022, 02:36 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Here’s a local article on his passing. He tweeted at 3:42 AM Sunday to thank his audience. While his passing was sudden and too soon, he was doing what he loved and was very happy.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ary-story.html
When there is a subscription needed to read a story, it would be kind to summarize it.

Old 01-10-2022, 02:39 PM

17,353 posts, read 16,492,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Bought my son and his fiancee, a ticket to B. Sagets show years ago.
Son came home with a lower opinion of that gent. Some may enjoy raunchy. He did not. What I thought was a kind gesture , left a sense of, maybe I should have done a bit more review before gifting such.

Will say this, his devotion to his daughters is commendable. They must be so devastated. And for that I can respect this time of loss for those that knew him as a dad ...a friend .
If they went to the show expecting Danny Tanner, I'm sure that they were a bit shocked by Saget's humor. But, in all fairness, Bob always made an effort to warn people that his show was intended for adults only.

I also feel for his wife and daughters. He was clearly devoted to them and they to him.

Old 01-10-2022, 02:55 PM

10,437 posts, read 6,964,415 times
He was a very nice guy and very giving. This one really hits home because I was at the age where he was a TV Dad.

There are a couple celebrity deaths that hit home and he is one of them.

Old 01-10-2022, 04:47 PM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
I'm thinking one too many Clinton jokes got him "Epsteined"

Kidding of course.........Saget would have told that joke! He had great success with the TV show, then the funniest video shows but I found his stand up comedy very creepy/dark......Hard to laugh at, more weird than funny.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:54 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,232,803 times
sad.

his type of humor as a comedian is not my taste at all. but i understand a lot of people liked it. just not for me. watching those clips someone posted in the celebrity section...i'm thinking yuck! holy cow! gross!

but he seemed like a good, nice guy with a lot of long time true friends and family.

my first thought is heart attack.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:59 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Sounds like he may have died in his sleep of a quick heart attack or stroke.

Bob Saget death: New details released by authorities, autopsy conducted

Quote:
Comedian Bob Saget was found lying on his bed at an Orlando hotel room Sunday afternoon, unresponsive but without any signs of foul play or trauma, according to an incident report released Monday.

Chief Medical Examiner Joshua Stephany in a statement said an autopsy was performed on Saget’s body Monday morning.

“At this time, there is no evidence of drug use or foul play,” Stephany said, echoing a statement released Sunday by the Orange County Sheriff’s Office. “The cause and manner of death are pending further studies and investigation which may take up to 10-12 weeks to complete.”

Mr. Saget was found in a supine position on his bed,” the report said. “His left arm was across his chest while his right arm was resting on the bed. No signs of trauma were seen.”

Saget was due to check out of the room and his family had been unable to reach him, the report said, so they contacted hotel security. A security staffer knocked on the door to check on his wellbeing but no one answered.

Last edited by Roselvr; 01-10-2022 at 11:21 PM..

Old 01-10-2022, 11:07 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,232,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Sounds like he may have died in his sleep of a quick heart attack or stroke.
yeah, my first thought heart attack, second thought maybe stroke. my mom had an unexpected stroke years ago. she didn't die, but it was scary.

Old 01-11-2022, 09:21 AM

8,480 posts, read 6,880,671 times
Some place somewhere in another place he’s making people laugh amongst the clouds and the deep blue sky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities