Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2021, 08:45 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,492,007 times

Advertisements

I had the the original Pixel and upgraded to the Pixel 4XL almost 2 years ago. I'm hoping I can wait another year before needing a newer model.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2021, 09:07 PM

50,812 posts, read 24,321,239 times
It looks as if the price on the Pixel 6's are going to be less than had been expected.

Old 10-19-2021, 09:49 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It looks as if the price on the Pixel 6's are going to be less than had been expected.
Official pricing: $599/$899

Old 10-20-2021, 07:17 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
I guess with the sunsetting of 2G technology, it's about time for an upgrade sooner than later. I guarantee by the end of 2021 or 2022 that phone will stop working in the US.
Pretty sure Mr Rational is trying to say he doesn't have a cellphone. Not sure why these people feel the need to comment on these threads...

Old 10-20-2021, 08:27 AM

6,478 posts, read 10,350,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Pretty sure Mr Rational is trying to say he doesn't have a cellphone. Not sure why these people feel the need to comment on these threads...
Gee thanks.

If I needed your opinion, I would have asked for it. I only pointed out the obvious. Please don't judge me for trying to help/clarify things in case someone else might be reading this thread who might not know differently.

Old 10-20-2021, 09:18 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Well that was a little heavy handed, DAW.

I was referring to Mr Rational and why was he replying. Not you.

Old 10-20-2021, 09:50 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
My old iphone works perfectly and the battery health is good, I'm a light user. But last night on ebay I put in my max bid on a iphone Xs. Low enough that I don't expect to get it but a teriffic deal if I do, and high enough that there is a chance I will get it.

Old 10-20-2021, 10:34 AM

6,478 posts, read 10,350,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Well that was a little heavy handed, DAW.

I was referring to Mr Rational and why was he replying. Not you.
Sorry that I misunderstood your post. Not trying to be difficult with you. It was early when I read and responded so I didn't have enough coffee yet to think clearly, I suppose.

Old 10-20-2021, 10:50 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
My old iphone works perfectly and the battery health is good, I'm a light user. But last night on ebay I put in my max bid on a iphone Xs. Low enough that I don't expect to get it but a teriffic deal if I do, and high enough that there is a chance I will get it.
FWIW......

Re my MacBook Air, I relied on two apps to judge the bolded.

Both showed the 'health percent', judged that (good), and assigned a color (green).

On September 25th, all of a sudden, my Air would power just fine when plugged in, but wouldn't charge the battery above 6%.

About ten days after that I took it to an Apple Store......earliest appointment available was the next day, so I took that.

They ran it through a complete analysis and said that the battery was bad (and that there is a minuscule chance that something else is wrong....I forget which part...but it isn't expensive and, almost assuredly it's not that as well...just the battery).

I mentioned that both apps were each showing 'good', the color green, and 77%.

He said that Apple considers any battery health below 80% to = failing.

So much for relying on the battery health apps I'd downloaded (the health had dropped to 77% about a month earlier).

I asked the Genius tech if using it plugged into AC power without replacing the battery would be something that I could continue doing without any negative consequences (losing that capability, etc.), and he said that was an unknown.

I decided to order the battery (battery and replacement = $129, not due until the end). My Air has 8GB of RAM and an i5 processor (I have a PC laptop with an 8550 series i7 and 32GB of RAM).

I got the notice that the battery arrived, and I dropped off my Air on Saturday 10/16.

They said it will be ready in 3-5 business days.

I've had my Air for 5 1/3 years, and the current battery is almost 3 years old (original replaced at no charge under AppleCare).

New MacBook Pros were announced on 10/18, and I was pleased. I had been thinking about getting the 'current until now' MacBook Air but, after the iPhone 13 announcement and this new MacBook Pro announcement, I'm going to wait about eleven months (until near the end of iPhone 13 series availability) re the phone, and probably longer than that re the computer. Re the computer, I'm thinking the 14" (as I don't want it to weigh more than 4.4 lbs, and the 16" = at least 4.7 lbs), and the M1 MAX processor (I want to be able to drive four external monitors, when applicable, with the most minimal fuss). The standard SSD capacity of 512GB on that would be fine. I look forward to YouTubers who will give their opinions re configuration choices.

Old 10-20-2021, 11:59 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,975,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
I guess with the sunsetting of 2G technology, it's about time for an upgrade sooner than later.

I guarantee by the end of 2021 or 2022 that phone will stop working in the US.
Is some part of that supposed to be an improvement of some sort?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones