Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2011, 09:34 AM

26 posts, read 47,575 times

Advertisements

If you hear any news let us know and I will do the same. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 11:12 AM

10 posts, read 19,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiGator View Post
It's going ok actually. Just a definite hardness difference than Aluminum was, the instructors are great so far. Just hoping the final project goes well. S much to remember out of so many BAC's. I'll get there - been through worse with Navy electronics and aircraft training years ago. Thanks.
Wait till you go to torque fundamentals and see hoe wrong the military's technique is lol kinda scary to be honest..

Old 08-25-2011, 11:16 AM

10 posts, read 19,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmm1959 View Post
THANKS GUYS, I just thought I saw one person on this thread saying that they had their interview then within a week they were hired. Does not sound possible.
I applied June 17th, had an interview on july 9th, job offer emailed July 10th, first day was July 22nd.

It's possible.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:17 PM

212 posts, read 415,110 times
Composite completed today.
Torque stuff tomorrow. Ought to be interesting to see how it goes.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:51 AM

10 posts, read 18,588 times
does boeing have an apprentice program in charleston?

Old 08-30-2011, 09:56 AM

10 posts, read 18,588 times
I currently live in virginia and work for newport news shipbuliding. i have recived an job offer from boeing for the position of assembler b in charleston sc. i was wondering if anybody could give me some insight on the company's benifits I am married wit a 8 month old son.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:18 PM

212 posts, read 415,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnavyvet View Post
I currently live in virginia and work for newport news shipbuliding. i have recived an job offer from boeing for the position of assembler b in charleston sc. i was wondering if anybody could give me some insight on the company's benifits I am married wit a 8 month old son.
Full medical with vision. Blue Cross or Aetna are the medical plans. (I kept my Navy Retiree Tri-care instead of buying into Boeing's insurance plans).

Dental is separate but paid for.

Investment plans options.

Supplemental Life insurance.

Good package overall.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:54 PM

323 posts, read 1,159,775 times
Quote:
Good for you .Did you interviewed for that job 8/13/11? And when did you get the offer this week? Thank you!

Old 08-31-2011, 07:20 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,650,120 times
Quote:
does boeing have an apprentice program in charleston?
I don't think so... They put you through a lot of training.g though.

I did see a few field trips of highschool kids come through during training. If officials and Boeing is smart they would integrate a program in schools familiarizing people with aircraft and build practices.

Sent from my autocorrect butchering device.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:34 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,330,260 times
They are doing that from the local High Schools....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area