Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:55 AM

12 posts, read 52,873 times

Advertisements

Hi, We will be visiting the Charleston area soon, looking for a retirement relocation in a golf community. Any info would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 11:39 AM

890 posts, read 4,328,083 times
There is Legend Oaks, Wescott, Pine Forest, Coosaw Creek and there are some homes on the golf course in Tea Farm.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:47 AM

50 posts, read 196,173 times
Default Golf Courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmichigander View Post
Hi, We will be visiting the Charleston area soon, looking for a retirement relocation in a golf community. Any info would be appreciated.
There is also Pine Forest Country Club in Summerville. Great course, I coach Special Olympics there and the Pro and ownership were more than happy to allow me access to their practice facility. Legend Oaks is a good course, but without any practice facilities at present. Plans in the works. Wescott is owned by the City of North Charleston and is a 27 hole course. Miler Country Club, one of the oldest in Summerville is alive and well also. Coosaw Creek is a gated community in North Charleston as well.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:43 AM

528 posts, read 1,514,269 times
Definitely would recommend looking at Legend Oaks, Coosaw Creek and Pine Forest especially. Great communities with excellent courses.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:18 PM

899 posts, read 3,491,814 times
I'll go a different way.

Tell me what your ballpark price is & I can be much more specific in pointing you in the right direction.

Plenty of golf here, plenty of homes too. Finding the right one in the right place is key.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:12 PM

25 posts, read 104,417 times
I'm not a golfer, but my father-in-law (Sawgrass FL resident) is. Here's the golf website I sent him to:

http://www.charlestongolfguide.com/

There are a number of courses in Summerville but also Crowfield in Goose Creek, several golf communities in Mt Pleasant (Snee Farm, Dunes West, Rivertowne and Charleston National), Shadowmoss in West Ashley and then Kiawah and Seabrook areas -- lots to choose from!!

Old 12-30-2007, 09:21 AM

16 posts, read 62,848 times
If your not totally dedicated to the Charleston area, Santee-Cooper Resort in Santee is on a great course. And there are over 18 golf courses within 30-45 minute drive (or less, as there are 3 golf courses in Santee; one, Lake Marion Golf Course,is right next door to Santee-Cooper - another great course) and memberships/day play fees are very reasonable. Both Santee-Cooper and Lake Marion have course site homes. Santee-Cooper is gated.
LadyJ

Old 01-28-2008, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 2,890 times
I sumbled upon this webpage and think it looks good for you.

Briar's Creek
[URL="http://www.briarscreek.com"]South Carolina Golf & Kiawah Island Johns Island Real Estate[/URL]

It is on Johns Island, 30 munites drive from Charleston area.
The community they offer is a private golf community and require membership, I think. It might be good for a retirement relocation.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:02 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,020,096 times
There are more golf communities in the lowcountry than you can shake a stick at. Location, price, proximity to locations/features and other amenities, etc., will determine which ones suit you best.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:38 PM

3 posts, read 8,043 times
Default Briar's Creek

I second tyif. Briar's Creek is a great place to retire. Definitely upper crust though. Pretty exclusive and has a good proximity to Kiawah Island without having to deal with all of the crowds when you want to go home. Their golf course has won several awards too and they work with Audubon International to make sure that all building is green and certified. They really look after the environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area