Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 09:27 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

I don't think the bad driving is just a problem in Charleston -- people just don't follow the rules of the road...they make them up to suit them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 05:51 AM

291 posts, read 548,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Maybe people on the road are tired of going from stoplight to stoplight on Hwy 17 in Mt Pleasant. Wish those things were timed...
Most are timed when traffic is present.

Funny how different people think. I actually wish there were more sensors at the lights so that they would change quicker during off-traffic times.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:59 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Yeah they don't seem to like sensors here in the Low country. .

Old 01-09-2011, 11:12 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickd View Post
I don't understand this. I moved from the Milwaukee area over 2 years ago. I live in James Island, and have spent much time in all the surrounding communities around Charleston. I have to say the people here are the kindest, most well mannered, and friendliest people in the country. This is from someone who has seen much of the states. I will always speak highly of Charleston. It will be sad going back to Wisconsin to retire, this place has really got under my skin. I was back in Wisconsin for 1 week this last summer and the people are so rude. Not even a "Thank-You" when you purchase something. Charleston allows you to be a better person, you are the odd one here if you are rude. I will always call this my "second home". Charleston is far from "backward" as you say. I would say it is "forward thinking" by the way everyone gets along so well. I suggest you look at your own attitude towards the people here in Charleston.

Its a shame you can't retire in Charleston vs Wisconsin.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:17 AM

13 posts, read 28,770 times
Once I get all my business in order back in Wisconsin, I am hoping to buy a house in James Island. Still have a home to sell and many items to get rid of in Wisconsin before I could relocate back here.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:27 PM

87 posts, read 183,651 times
Hey, I'm from Western Pa and have relocated to Eastern PA.......I've visited Charleston and the surrounding areas many times. My opinion is that you simply can't beat the people in the South! I love listening to the children and their "yes maammmm" and "no sir".....also meeting the true gentlemen of the South. I honestly feel honored to talk to these older gentlemen that are willing to share their history etc......
I sincerely can't wait to relocate to this wonderful area. God certainly blessed Charleston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area