Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 10:15 AM

2,206 posts, read 3,299,244 times

Advertisements

Thanks, accufitgolf... never thought of that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,480 times
Thank you so much for your interest in Thickett Apartments. We would be glad to help you out with any questions you might have. We have several people that rent sight unseen, and as nerve racking as that may be, we try to make the transition as smooth as possible. Please visit our website at [url=http://www.thickettapts.com]Darby Development Co. Inc.[/url] and give us a call at 843-884-2876 to let us know how we can help. Thickett is a cozy community tucked away off of 17 across from Towne Centre and close to Isle of Palms connector, I-526, and the Ravenel Bridge. We look forward to hearing from you.

Cara Calhoun
Thickett Apartments
1900 Highway 17 North
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
843-884-2876

Old 10-17-2011, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,394 times
Thank you for your interest in a Darby Development community. Thickett is a great property with a fabulous location! Thickett is located directly across from Town Centre in Mt. Pleasant, but once inside Thickett, you'll see the center-of-everything location melt away in the canopy of trees. The two bedrooms start at only $899. Mt. Pleasant is very close to Isle of Palms making it the area's top destination for many. Average two bedrooms in Mt. Pleasant rent for $1,082 per month, so the Thickett is affordable certainly by Mt. Pleasant standards. It is picturesque and well managed. Give Mary or Cara a call at 843. 884.2876. And our thanks go out to the person who visited and posted the pics...now that is neighborly!

Old 10-18-2011, 10:59 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,433,514 times
Do you guys do any short term leases I am having trouble finding any shorter term leases for some of my future buyers.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:26 PM

15 posts, read 28,675 times
Beachme, I was told 6 months was the shortest offered and the price stayed the same

Old 10-18-2011, 02:27 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,433,514 times
Thanks I actually called them today. That's what they said.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:51 AM

10 posts, read 18,380 times
Does anyone know if Thickett has washer/dryer in the unit, or is it a common laundry room? Thanks.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:56 PM

22 posts, read 31,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIcoopKJG View Post
I don't know anything about the apartments, but it is in a good location. I'm pretty sure the bus stop is right at the entrance. I will take a drive by the area this weekend and take some pictures for you. I know what it is like to rent site unseen because that is what I did. Someone on this forum was nice enough to come look at my neighborhood for me and I am very grateful for that. Are you looking to rent a 1 or 2 bedroom? If you want, shoot me a pm and I will give you info on where I live. I pay less than the 2 bedrooms at Thickett and my place is bigger and has a private fenced in yard.
Hi MiniCoop, My husband and I live in Thickett now and we are looking to move when our lease is up and was wondering if you would be kind enough to share that same info with me? This little shoebox is not worth what they charge for it (too small, showers and toilets never work correctly, that kind of thing) and I would love a fenced yard for my dog. Plus every month they let themselves into the apartments to "inspect." I feel like it's an invasion of privacy and am not comfortable with it. Lol However, the management is pretty nice here.
Thank you!

In response to the OP, it is pretty safe here and most the neighbors are friendly. Just too small for what they charge IMO.

Last edited by Mach2004; 11-30-2012 at 08:06 PM..

Old 11-30-2012, 08:00 PM

22 posts, read 31,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIcoopKJG View Post
I meant to mention the cars. You can see some of them in the pictures. The vehicles were average, such as SUVs and Cavalier type cars. There was also a sheriff's truck.
And hahaha we are friends with the guy in the Sheriff's truck! He is such a nice guy too. Saw your post and had to laugh. Was like "I know him!!"

Old 11-30-2012, 08:00 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,679,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach2004 View Post
Plus every month they feel the need to let themselves in the apartments to "inspect." I feel it to be a complete invasion of privacy and am not comfortable with it. lol
Every month??? That is really invasive. No wonder you want to get out of there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area