Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2012, 04:24 PM

364 posts, read 635,834 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of coming to Charleston for a weekend in late April...any suggestions on where to stay that is not insanely expensive? It seems like most hotels in the historic district go for 250+ easy.

From looking I saw some hotels on tripadvisor that were in North Charleston and "west of the Ashley" that seed to be more reasonable (90-150ish) in price but how difficult will it be to get back to town or the attractions that I should be going to? Suggestions wanted. Where would you suggest? Bars? Hangouts? Historic sites? Is the historic part of downtown the main area to go to and visit? Or is it touristy?

I do think that my wife and I would like to take a carriage ride while we are there.

Also, I don't want to stir anything up but is Charleston like Savannah?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 07:20 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,331,873 times
Look at the ones in MtP, they are in the higher end of your 90~150 range but much easier access and nicer areas....

Charleston is alot like Savannah, just more of it with more to do.....

Carriage ride is a must for all tourists....

Bars and hangouts depend on your taste, the town is one big historic site...

Old 04-02-2012, 08:55 AM

140 posts, read 279,716 times
Take the ferry to Bull Island.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:49 AM

4,280 posts, read 12,670,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trckn4life View Post
I am thinking of coming to Charleston for a weekend in late April...any suggestions on where to stay that is not insanely expensive? It seems like most hotels in the historic district go for 250+ easy.

From looking I saw some hotels on tripadvisor that were in North Charleston and "west of the Ashley" that seed to be more reasonable (90-150ish) in price but how difficult will it be to get back to town or the attractions that I should be going to? Suggestions wanted. Where would you suggest? Bars? Hangouts? Historic sites? Is the historic part of downtown the main area to go to and visit? Or is it touristy?

I do think that my wife and I would like to take a carriage ride while we are there.

Also, I don't want to stir anything up but is Charleston like Savannah?
Stay in Mount Pleasant. One on the safest, nicest areas around and just a skip and jump over the bridge to Charleston.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:12 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,297,076 times
Inn at I'On Rooms & Rates. A Bed and Breakfast Inn located in Mt Pleasant South Carolina.

Staying in Mount Pleasant is smart.
For a whole lot more charm than a chain motel, check out the Inn at I'on. So pretty & reasonable for Charleston. Enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area