Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 09:37 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
Yes, Neiman Marcus. LV and Burberry are worse. Not everything is awful though, but nothing memorable. Stores at Phipps are a little better, but Simon is just awful. They could have tried to get Topshop instead of Nike. Rumour has it that Topshop is considering an Atlanta location, and Lenox just missed out as they have no space left. And Legoland, really? Also, while the SA's at Belk at Phipps are nice, the products offered are hardly better than a mid sized city. I haven't been to Macy's in a while, but I've heard that while they aren't snotty there, most of them really don't care.
I frequent Macy's at Lenox often and have had no complaints...maybe it's just the women's section?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 10:47 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,959,926 times
Why would employees at a Macy's be snooty? LoL

Old 11-19-2013, 12:55 PM

192 posts, read 409,527 times
Thanks y'all. I think might do a Charlotte road trip. I do like to walk around NM at holiday time!

I enjoyed your "banter". It always amazes me that clerks in stores like Macy's can be so snotty. Can be...not all certainly.

I've tried the outlets and well, they just don't fit the bill. I am really looking for a big, higher-end mall filled with people and gooey holiday music and Santa and fake evergreen and all that stuff. Just for a day...then I'll go home and revel in the peace and quiet!

Old 11-19-2013, 01:39 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tingum23 View Post
Thanks y'all. I think might do a Charlotte road trip. I do like to walk around NM at holiday time!

I enjoyed your "banter". It always amazes me that clerks in stores like Macy's can be so snotty. Can be...not all certainly.

I've tried the outlets and well, they just don't fit the bill. I am really looking for a big, higher-end mall filled with people and gooey holiday music and Santa and fake evergreen and all that stuff. Just for a day...then I'll go home and revel in the peace and quiet!
I totally get it. I miss that too.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:41 PM

341 posts, read 762,019 times
I'm sure there are some snotty SA's at Macy's, but I think I meant that at Macy's many of them don't care and will obviously hesitate to help when asked. I know that not everyone needs people fawning over them when they're shopping, but if you're spending money they could be friendly. The biggest thing is the crowd. SouthPark isn't as bad at Christmas as Lenox is in February or March. It's also pretty peaceful because the teenagers are few and usually aren't annoying unlike most malls. I know Simon owns SouthPark, and it's not perfect either. The reason why it's so good now is because the expansion and renovation was planned before Simon. Simon is okay, not awful like I said before, but I feel like if they would have offered a good lease agreement they could have woo-ed Topshop, even if they weren't quite ready to open yet.

Also, have fun on your trip to Charlotte! If you park in the surface lot near Neiman Marcus there may be more spaces. The Nordstrom parking deck gets pretty full fast.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:03 PM

769 posts, read 977,081 times
I may have to check out the mall in Charlotte.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:35 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,050,343 times
That was a great mall. I was just in Charlotte this weekend and it was my first time visiting South Park, but I already want to go back... wish we had a mall like that here!

Old 11-20-2013, 02:48 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,182,465 times
I actually prefer the Carolina Place mall in Charlotte (actually Pineville, NC) than South Park. South Park was way to expensive for my taste but upscale shopping isn't my thing. I have been disappointed with the indoor malls around here. The atmosphere is so blah....even during the holidays. Citadel and Northwoods gives me a depressed vibe....:/.

Old 11-23-2013, 11:48 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,281,291 times
I was in the Charlotte airport this week...it has better shopping than our malls!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area