Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2017, 07:35 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,733,373 times

Advertisements

More cheap, fast food joints. How exciting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 01:07 PM

2,310 posts, read 2,957,105 times
A few new flights to Denver, Chicago and Philadelphia
https://charlestonbusiness.com/news/...tourism/72946/

Old 09-24-2017, 03:17 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,446,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
A few new flights to Denver, Chicago and Philadelphia
https://charlestonbusiness.com/news/...tourism/72946/
Awesome! I knew Frontier would eventually add more cities, but I didn't expect it to be before they started Chas to Denver. And on a320's. Awesome. The airport is hot.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:43 AM

2,310 posts, read 2,957,105 times
Speaking of the airport August saw an increase in travelers of 10.4% so we are up to 2.67mil for the year.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
Speaking of the airport August saw an increase in travelers of 10.4% so we are up to 2.67mil for the year.
Yeah I think 4 million is a foregone conclusion at this point. Pretty amazing. CHS may not be a behemoth like ATL or CLT, but it's doing it's own thing. I think it's a matter of time before another west coast flight is added. Hopefully Jetblue expands, they're probably my favorite airline.

Old 09-26-2017, 01:33 PM

3,839 posts, read 3,065,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Yeah I think 4 million is a foregone conclusion at this point. Pretty amazing. CHS may not be a behemoth like ATL or CLT, but it's doing it's own thing. I think it's a matter of time before another west coast flight is added. Hopefully Jetblue expands, they're probably my favorite airline.

Will be interesting to see how Volvo impacts traffic at CHS. Won't really know for a year or two. The airport needs to get on now with planning the 3rd concourse.

Old 09-27-2017, 04:35 AM

93 posts, read 86,189 times
We're making a move to the area early next year and the ability to go nonstop to both BOS and SEA was one of the reasons we chose the area to retire to. Looking at the destinations one can reach via a nonstop flight, I don't see any location that makes CHS a true international airport. Do they have international cargo flights.

I would venture a guess that the SEA flight was brought in because of Boeing. Would it not make sense to work on a European flight, even to Stockholm with a connection to Gothenburg for the Volvo people? One could then connect to cities in Europe and Asia.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:27 AM

2,206 posts, read 3,295,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanino View Post
We're making a move to the area early next year and the ability to go nonstop to both BOS and SEA was one of the reasons we chose the area to retire to.
But nothing sets it in stone. When we bought here in 2004, we could go non-stop to CVG (Cincinnati). That ended maybe 4-5 yeas ago.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanino View Post
We're making a move to the area early next year and the ability to go nonstop to both BOS and SEA was one of the reasons we chose the area to retire to. Looking at the destinations one can reach via a nonstop flight, I don't see any location that makes CHS a true international airport. Do they have international cargo flights.

I would venture a guess that the SEA flight was brought in because of Boeing. Would it not make sense to work on a European flight, even to Stockholm with a connection to Gothenburg for the Volvo people? One could then connect to cities in Europe and Asia.
Most international airports dont actually have international destinations. If you can handle intl customs then you can be an intl airport. Charleston has had intl flights before, but I don't know when a European one would happen. Even with the airports growth, Charleston is still not that big. Maybe Canada again, or the Caribbean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyeaux View Post
But nothing sets it in stone. When we bought here in 2004, we could go non-stop to CVG (Cincinnati). That ended maybe 4-5 yeas ago.
Because Cincinnati lost its major hub status after Delta went bankrupt. Everybody lost flights to Cincinnati.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:24 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,688,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Because Cincinnati lost its major hub status after Delta went bankrupt. Everybody lost flights to Cincinnati.
Delta's merger with Northwest killed CVG. Delta no longer needed CVG, as it now had DTW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area