Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:13 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,945,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Some folks here seem to want trouble.
Actually, from what I can tell it's not many folks. And as long as demonstrations are peaceful and put no one else at harm, so be it.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:09 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,789,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
I'm sure there won't be protests.... well not the same kind of 'protests' that were had in Ferguson. They are handling this case much better than Ferguson did.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:08 AM

3,590 posts, read 4,352,148 times
Was very disappointed in the Post and Courier going with a huge front page editorial claiming the shooting was due to racial profiling. I don't believe there is any evidence that the shooting was racially motivated at all.

In Ferguson the officer was attacked and he was defending himself. There is no excuse for the use of deadly force by the officer in this case.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:23 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,021,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsNull View Post
Was very disappointed in the Post and Courier going with a huge front page editorial claiming the shooting was due to racial profiling. I don't believe there is any evidence that the shooting was racially motivated at all.

In Ferguson the officer was attacked and he was defending himself. There is no excuse for the use of deadly force by the officer in this case.
P&C, sadly, seems to be getting worse these day with their slant on the news. Not just this story either. I ended up canceling my subscription with them a while ago because it was so frustrating. I get the feeling I'm not the only one as they've been having very difficult financial issues of late.

On the shooting, I believe this officer had no temper control, was PO'ed Scott ran, and then being too lazy to chase him, he shot him instead. Pathetic and he's right where he should be - in jail and charged with murder! But I also do not see this as a racial motivation. I see it as a person with the totally wrong disposition to be a cop.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:45 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,447,113 times
I ended up canceling my subscription with them a while ago because it was so frustrating.

Know what you mean...we cancelled our subscription 3 years ago.

On the shooting, I believe this officer had no temper control, was PO'ed Scott ran, and then being too lazy to chase him, he shot him instead.

That is EXACTLY what I though had happened.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:15 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,288,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynn View Post
I'm sure he doesn't care what they want
Obviously he doesn't care. How can this egotistical bigot not honor this families wishes? Even the family knows he's a flame thrower just inciting hatred and racism. I wish the IRS would show up and lock him up and throw away the key.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:35 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,668,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattig View Post
Obviously he doesn't care. How can this egotistical bigot not honor this families wishes? Even the family knows he's a flame thrower just inciting hatred and racism. I wish the IRS would show up and lock him up and throw away the key.

+1
Attached Thumbnails
Mount Pleasant out pacing all Lowcountry cities in 2015....for MURDERS?-thumbsup.jpg  

Old 04-10-2015, 05:29 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,945,564 times
I was a casual friend of Steven Pagones and his ex-wife back in the day in NY. Anyone who remembers anything about Tawana Brawley would recgonize Steven's name.
So glad Sharpton stayed away.

Edited: Uggggh... So I guess not.

Last edited by MinkeyM; 04-10-2015 at 05:56 PM..

Old 04-10-2015, 05:47 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,021,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattig View Post
I can't believe he is coming down even though the family asked him not to come. So disrespectful. Says everything one needs to know about his character.

Old 04-10-2015, 05:49 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,668,645 times
Even though the family told him to stay away, he's still coming to attend a service at Charity Church at 11 a.m. Sunday.

Slowly this is becoming a racial issue. Racial profiling is being thrown out more and more. I just came back from city hall and was stopped by protesters from "black lives matter". They asked me to sign a petition to establish a civilian committee to overlook police brutality in North Charleston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area