Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 03:27 PM

10 posts, read 14,755 times

Advertisements

I am starting to think about moving closer to the beach and sand and Charleston sounds like a nice town with a nice beach. I was curious about the summer heat/humidity there compared to Greenville, South Carolina? I think the summers in Greenville are not to bad humidity wise, compared to say,south Florida. I think Florida is the hottest place in the U.S. I didn't last long cycling around in that humidity. It saps all my energy up.
If I do move to Charleston, I would prefer to be around 10+ miles from the beach, not right on the water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 05:45 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,289,095 times
It's still very oppressive in the summer..even living close to the coast. From June through September it's extremely humid...much more than Greenville.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:48 PM

370 posts, read 947,686 times
Totally agree with Pattig. I used to live in Greenville. The summers are hotter and much more humid here. But for me, the great equalizer is having the beach close by.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:54 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,655,095 times
Agree with both Pattig & Aetcas, but theres usually that ocesn breeze that helps out, even a few miles in, because of the creeks and marshes.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:43 PM

455 posts, read 670,471 times
Just moved to Mt. Pleasant from Knoxville TN. (Formerly frim NJ) We are 4 miles from the ocean and it is HOT. Definately more humid and the sun feels ALOT stronger. Never noticed it as much when we would visit for a few days, but living in it day to day is a whole other experience. That being said, we LOVE it here! You just adjust the time you spend outdoors and dress in lighter-weight clothing. We are now here full-time and we have completely adjusted. There is so much to do, we even haven't had time to get to the beach yet!

Old 06-06-2015, 08:55 PM

355 posts, read 390,805 times
June is the hottest month. July and August day time highs are 75° as night lows are 55 °. Bugs and insects are usually totally gone by July and not Returning until May. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA .

Old 06-06-2015, 10:58 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,655,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotstoboiledpenuts View Post
June is the hottest month. July and August day time highs are 75° as night lows are 55 °. Bugs and insects are usually totally gone by July and not Returning until May. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA .
Where? Are you talking about??

Old 06-07-2015, 06:50 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,289,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotstoboiledpenuts View Post
yeah..that's definitely not here.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:17 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,447,997 times
He was kidding.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:18 AM

6 posts, read 7,365 times
We moved from NJ last summer and I don't think its that bad. Very tolerable and only a few days last summer when I didn't want to go outside because of the heat. It's funny everyone talks like your going to literally be dripping with sweat two minutes after walking out the door from June-Aug and that is absolutely not the case or even close. I live about 15 minutes from the beach btw. If you move to Summerville or any other area 45 mins from the beach it may be a bit warmer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area