Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 08:28 PM

446 posts, read 831,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
Lol, I think I know what her life revolves around.
This is why I didn't bother to come back, I don't come back and people mock it, I do come back and people mock me. WTF, nobody can win here. What is the point. So I'm angry, so I'm TYPING, it says nothing about what my life revolves around. I'd say more but getting banned isn't on my agenda because there are people out there that can actually carry on a normal conversation with me without the belittling responses that are written just to hurt, annoy, irritate, or make the poster feel all grown up.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:29 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrn0224 View Post
He doesn't see this and he knows nothing of what his father and I have been talking about. The last time this was brought up was Sunday when his dad wanted his side of the story, he gave it, it was dropped and we had dinner and moved on. He has no idea....

I'm angry, for a lot of reasons, especially since I have learned more about what happened. I am p#ssed off is what I am..not just tearing up because I'm emotional, but because I'm mad.

I'm not setting a bad example for him...but he will see in the end that his father and I believe in him and that in the end he'll always have someone that has his back when he was in the right and he knows if does wrong he'll pay the consequences but he will still have his family.

Sorry I sound like a raving lunatic, but again, I'm just mad....not crazy. He's in bed and has been for over an hour.

Wow! How DID you get a 15 year old to go to bed before 10 p.m.??

Glad to know you are handling it differently in front on him

Old 08-31-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Wow! How DID you get a 15 year old to go to bed before 10 p.m.??

Glad to know you are handling it differently in front on him
He gets up at 5:20 to go to school so he goes to bed at 9:30.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:39 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,597,689 times
Quote:
This is why I didn't bother to come back, I don't come back and people mock it, I do come back and people mock me. WTF, nobody can win here. What is the point. So I'm angry, so I'm TYPING, it says nothing about what my life revolves around. I'd say more but getting banned isn't on my agenda because there are people out there that can actually carry on a normal conversation with me without the belittling responses that are written just to hurt, annoy, irritate, or make the poster feel all grown up.
We know you are angry alot, and I'm sure the multitude of health problems don't help, but to quite of a few of us, it looks like you are making a mountain out of a molehill. You need to understand that bad things happen to everyone, but if you just sit there and dwell on it, or try to demand that everyone who has ever wronged you apologize, you are going to be waiting for a long time.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:39 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
My son who is 15 went into a Walmart last night with 2 of his friends. The oldest was 20 and the other was 15 like my son. I knew that he was riding with the 20 year old driving and thought they were going straight to their house to spend the night. They stopped at Walmart and here's how it went:

My son's story

They went into Walmart and picked up some brownies, then we went to the movie section to buy a movie to watch because the local Blockbuster is closed. They were there, looking at movies when 4 CMPD officers showed up along with the night manager and yanked them away and began to frisk them stating they were stealing. They didn't find anything on them but asked for their information. My son and his friend didn't even have their learner's permit yet and the brother of his friend had his NC DL. The cops took their names, addresses and parent's phone numbers. The manager told them they were banned from the store. They left and my son called me nearly in tears. The worst thing they apparently did was break curfew--and for that much I reamed him out, BUT, I hung up from him knowing he was safe at his friend's house and called the night manager at Walmart.

He told me that it was all a mistake. That the police had been called from a caller outside the store who told them someone was stealing something "much worse than movies"--this is the mgr's words. Then he proceeded to tell me that he was sorry, my son and his friends were not banned and it was just an ooooops...we screwed up.

What I wanna know is....WHAT THE F***? Cops put their hands on my child without knowing for sure they had something in their pockets and it turns out they were not even the description they had of the apparent thief. Someone pointed them out to the cops in the store. WHO pointed them out? I have no idea, couldn't get that info...yet.

My ex husband is P*SSED and so am I. He plans on talking to someone, either the cops or walmart's general manager, not just the night mgr. He is not going to let this lie. They terrorized my son. ****4**** CMPD cops for 2 scrawny 15 year old clean cut kids with a package of brownies in plain sight and a 20 year old clean cut kid. They weren't doing anything according to the mgr, not being rowdy, crude, rude, or anything, they were looking at MOVIES!

What do we do? Where do we start? My son was to the point of tears telling me this.

What would you do????????
I would take Walmart off my list of stores to visit. I did years ago when I heard a story about a lady being arrested and prosecuted and all she had done was put a 17 cent spool of thread on her handbag to keep it away from the child in her cart and it fell inside. She bought all the other items, but did not realize this thread had slipped down in her handbag. She explained what happened but they would not listen to her. She ended up doing 30 hours of community service and was banned from the entire shopping center. They would not have to ban me. That would have been the last time thy would ever see me.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
We know you are angry alot, and I'm sure the multitude of health problems don't help, but to quite of a few of us, it looks like you are making a mountain out of a molehill. You need to understand that bad things happen to everyone, but if you just sit there and dwell on it, or try to demand that everyone who has ever wronged you apologize, you are going to be waiting for a long time.

You seem to know me so well....You don't really know me at all....I honestly don't care what you think of me. If I was the only person that got angry (mostly political threads) on this board it wouldn't exist. I get angry when people start thinking they know me and start judging me by some posts on a message board. Before this thread here I don't even remember the last time I was on here.

I don't care what you think or how it looks to you.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:51 AM

1,921 posts, read 2,018,280 times
Quote:
I honestly don't care what you think of me. . . . I don't care what you think or how it looks to you.
Then why do you keep responding all these posts? You are not winning your argument here.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:56 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
My son who is 15 went into a Walmart last night with 2 of his friends. The oldest was 20 and the other was 15 like my son. I knew that he was riding with the 20 year old driving and thought they were going straight to their house to spend the night. They stopped at Walmart and here's how it went:

My son's story

They went into Walmart and picked up some brownies, then we went to the movie section to buy a movie to watch because the local Blockbuster is closed. They were there, looking at movies when 4 CMPD officers showed up along with the night manager and yanked them away and began to frisk them stating they were stealing. They didn't find anything on them but asked for their information. My son and his friend didn't even have their learner's permit yet and the brother of his friend had his NC DL. The cops took their names, addresses and parent's phone numbers. The manager told them they were banned from the store. They left and my son called me nearly in tears. The worst thing they apparently did was break curfew--and for that much I reamed him out, BUT, I hung up from him knowing he was safe at his friend's house and called the night manager at Walmart.

He told me that it was all a mistake. That the police had been called from a caller outside the store who told them someone was stealing something "much worse than movies"--this is the mgr's words. Then he proceeded to tell me that he was sorry, my son and his friends were not banned and it was just an ooooops...we screwed up.

What I wanna know is....WHAT THE F***? Cops put their hands on my child without knowing for sure they had something in their pockets and it turns out they were not even the description they had of the apparent thief. Someone pointed them out to the cops in the store. WHO pointed them out? I have no idea, couldn't get that info...yet.

My ex husband is P*SSED and so am I. He plans on talking to someone, either the cops or walmart's general manager, not just the night mgr. He is not going to let this lie. They terrorized my son. ****4**** CMPD cops for 2 scrawny 15 year old clean cut kids with a package of brownies in plain sight and a 20 year old clean cut kid. They weren't doing anything according to the mgr, not being rowdy, crude, rude, or anything, they were looking at MOVIES!

What do we do? Where do we start? My son was to the point of tears telling me this.

What would you do????????
Sometimes cops acting in good faith and with limited or faulty information make mistakes. No harm, no foul, your kid has been un-banished from Walmart, and you even got a pre-emptive apology. So get on with your lives and quit being a drama queen.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:12 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,064,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Sometimes cops acting in good faith and with limited or faulty information make mistakes. No harm, no foul, your kid has been un-banished from Walmart, and you even got a pre-emptive apology. So get on with your lives and quit being a drama queen.
Exactly. I'm just not seeing what continues to be a big deal here.

So your son got frisked, it was intimidating and scary. It won't be the last time he will be in an intimidating and scary situation.

It sounds like you could/should take a lesson from him right now....he seems to be dealing with it better than you are.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:17 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
You seem to know me so well....You don't really know me at all....I honestly don't care what you think of me. If I was the only person that got angry (mostly political threads) on this board it wouldn't exist. I get angry when people start thinking they know me and start judging me by some posts on a message board. Before this thread here I don't even remember the last time I was on here.

I don't care what you think or how it looks to you.
Yeah, how does that poster know you so well when he/she hasn't even been a member for a month?

Anyway, you appear to be smart enough to know what action to take when civil liberties have been compromised. Good luck with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte