Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 05:26 PM

3 posts, read 4,413 times

Advertisements

I live outside of Charlotte in Concord. Wonderful location for a family. Great schools and shopping malls. All Brick home for $320,000. House is only 2 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 05:29 PM

3 posts, read 4,413 times
nice home in concord..$320K mins from charlotte, close to schools & shopping.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:21 PM

316 posts, read 394,779 times
Try the macaulay neighborhood in Huntersville - Great schools - tons of kids and nice neighbors - You will love it - it is about 20 minutes give or take to the airport.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:16 PM

113 posts, read 443,103 times
Clover is probably too far for a North Meck job-- with other good-great alternatives closer.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:28 PM

7 posts, read 55,975 times
Default Relocating from Massachusetts

Relocating from Massachusetts to Charlotte in December. Plan to rent for about a year until my husband and I can buy a home. We have 2 boys ages 4yrs and 11yrs. Looking for a community neighborhood and good schools. We prefer the Mecklenburg County because of the school system. We know nothing about NC other than it beautiful. We visited the University area in August. Looking for best community and schools. I work as a RN, work I hope won't be an issue. I have questions about the utilities. What the average cost for a 3-4BR home electricity, gas and water bill? We plan to spend about $1200 a month for rent.
Thank you
Dawn in MA

Old 09-30-2007, 01:41 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolme View Post
Relocating from Massachusetts to Charlotte in December. Plan to rent for about a year until my husband and I can buy a home. We have 2 boys ages 4yrs and 11yrs. Looking for a community neighborhood and good schools. We prefer the Mecklenburg County because of the school system. We know nothing about NC other than it beautiful. We visited the University area in August. Looking for best community and schools. I work as a RN, work I hope won't be an issue. I have questions about the utilities. What the average cost for a 3-4BR home electricity, gas and water bill? We plan to spend about $1200 a month for rent.
Thank you
Dawn in MA
koolme, you will have many options in both housing and nursing jobs Since you liked the University area, I would suggest you check out the Highland Creek subdivision. It is a very nice, well laid out planned community with its own elementary school. Some of the hospitals to check out for employment in that area would be Carolinas Medical Center-University, Northeast Medical Center and Lake Norman Regional Medical Center.

There was a thread a while back about monthly utility costs...I'll see if I can locate it for you. Personally, we spent $150. a month on electricity for our 3 bedroom home. We are on a plan with Duke Power where they averaged out our useage over a 12 month period and divided it up by 12. We like this as we can always budget that expense accurately and not get hit with a big bill in September for August (the hottest month around here).

Old 10-01-2007, 07:47 AM

8 posts, read 19,072 times
My husband and I moved into a lake community in the northwest. It's great. We spent about 350K and we got a pretty big lot and house-->3000 sq ft.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-01-2007 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: realtor solicitation

Old 10-03-2007, 08:35 AM

2 posts, read 2,448 times
Hello, I just joined for free and have no idea how to ask a question about the charlotte area. I am single with a five year old and thinking of relocating. I am terrified of the crime, though! I live in Maine now, near Portland and it is so safe. My income will probably allow me to spend up to 750-800 for rent. Does anyone have any suggestions? Sorry to barge into the conversation like this!

Old 11-01-2007, 08:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,375 times
New to the website and really trying to find out if we made the right choice by staying in the Steele Creek area.
We have been here for over a year and feel very safe in our neighborhood and truly love our neighbors but have real concerns about our son going to Southwest Middle. He is at Lake Wylie Elem. now and have no issues with that school, alot of parent involvement which is wonderful.

Anyone have comments or experiences with Southwest Middle school? Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:29 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times
surprised nobody has mentioned

CarolinaHome.com

it's worth checking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte