Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 03:02 AM

8 posts, read 11,001 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Charlotte this year but I wanna know where is better for me to buy a house? I am definitely not willing to live with hispanic or black neighbours not because racism but other motives.I'd like a peaceful life and a place with low criminal rates .Can someone suggest me a place like that?I can pay max 250000 for a house in an area with American or European(white) neighbours . I would appreciate it if someone can lend me a helping hand...Thanks ,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 04:41 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,289,602 times
Mr Wang, I would say that it might be tough to find a place that will absolutely guarantee no Black or Hispanic neighbors because such restrictions are illegal these days. You should instead look for an area that does not appeal to the demographics you list. At the price point you list, I recommend looking outside of Mecklenburg county. I recommend Union county.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:45 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,732,892 times
this guy is gonna be blasted, I am sure, for is post, but think about it. He has as much of a right to live in an environment he wants as anyone else. Good luck Mr Wang.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:50 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,454,200 times
Where is your job located and how far are you willing to travel? Minorities now in the majority in Charlotte (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/03/20/2155729/minorities-now-in-the-majority.html - broken link)

Quote:
They're part of an influx of blacks and Hispanics who have accelerated the growth and diversity of Charlotte and North Carolina. So much so that over the past decade, Charlotte's non-Hispanic white population dipped below 50 percent for the first time.
Most likely it will be difficult to find an all white neighborhood in your price range in Charlotte. The city is pretty diverse, especially for houses around $250,000. Even the luxury neighborhoods will have some diversity. As regular posters lovesMountains and anifani say, the color that separates people in Charlotte is green($$$).

Old 06-30-2011, 03:35 AM

I didn't mean of discrimination!

Old 06-30-2011, 03:37 AM

I was just afraid of them because my friend said that they have high criminal rates, I would like a normal,peaceful life.If I was wrong, I definitely apologize for it...I'm sorry

Old 06-30-2011, 07:26 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,598,169 times
Trololololol! I'm not racist but (insert racist comment here).

Old 06-30-2011, 07:34 AM

150 posts, read 324,964 times
Mr. Wang,

If you are living in a neighborhood with houses in the 250K range, regardless of race, the crime rate of the people living in the neighborhood is going to be low. It's not the race that makes the crime rate high, but the culture. The culture is low education, low work ethic, and poor family background. Unfortunately, minorities tend to be predominant in this culture.

On the other hand, even if you were to find an all white neighborhood, or rich neighborhood, or upper class neighborhood, you still aren't going to be safe, because it is usually not your neighbors that break in to your home, it is usually outsiders, and unless you live in a gated community, there is no way to keep them out.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:33 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,655,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wang Ashuko Aime View Post
I was just afraid of them because my friend said that they have high criminal rates, I would like a normal,peaceful life.If I was wrong, I definitely apologize for it...I'm sorry
I know you said you didn't mean racist... but this is EXACTLY what racism is, judging a whole group of people by their race, and allowing fear of a group to override personal connection and experience.

If you don't mean to be racist, then don't mention race - just ask for low-crime areas. Those areas may be diverse, but your goal will be met. Don't allow your friend's fear dictate your experience; there are many wonderful people of many different races in Charlotte.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:40 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,959,040 times
I'd suggest asking friends & relatives that may live in the area if they can suggest good neighborhoods for you. Try looking at wealthier neighborhoods & see if there are any foreclosures that fall within your price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte