Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 07:15 AM

216 posts, read 701,739 times

Advertisements

Ok I need some help. About 4 years ago I was in Charlotte (lived with my family there for 4 months) and I went with someone I met there to a beautiful Italian restaurant. I believe it was about 30 minutes away from Charlotte. I think the name was Corleone (like the Godfather). It is a small place. Family owned and run. The father plays the ocordian and sings and even takes request. It was great I was up there with him singing some old Italian folk songs. Anyway does anyone have any idea of this restaurant I am talking about? I sure hope so. I want to take my girlfriend there next weekend for her bday (we move to the area on monday) and propose to her. Thanks all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 10:09 PM

216 posts, read 701,739 times
Any good Italian resturants that play music in or near Charlotte that you would recommend?

Old 09-30-2007, 11:58 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,802,273 times
Villa Antonio in Ballantyne is great. They have live music inside some nights and they have the music in the plaza area on other nights. Stop by Kilwins for dessert or they have great desserts in the restaurant also.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:02 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,431,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
Villa Antonio in Ballantyne is great. They have live music inside some nights and they have the music in the plaza area on other nights. Stop by Kilwins for dessert or they have great desserts in the restaurant also.

One post I agree with 100%. Also, Table has good desserts made with local ingredients.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:49 PM

431 posts, read 1,669,273 times
Mamas...Mint Hill
Buca Di Beppo...(family style) Pineville

Old 09-30-2007, 07:53 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,731,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by U120 View Post
Mamas...Mint Hill
Buca Di Beppo...(family style) Pineville
To be honest, Mama's has GREAT pizza. IMO its the best I've had so far in NC. (The owner ships all his ingredients from Long Island which is why its vg).

However the pasta was OK, I wasn't Wowed by it.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:55 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,431,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
To be honest, Mama's has GREAT pizza. IMO its the best I've had so far in NC. (The owner ships all his ingredients from Long Island which is why its vg).

However the pasta was OK, I wasn't Wowed by it.
I love pizza, but if the ingredients are being shipped from LI, it's not as fresh as it could possibly be.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:00 AM

170 posts, read 644,329 times
Wiseguys- Mooresville has the best Eggplant Parmesan FYI!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:26 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,731,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
I love pizza, but if the ingredients are being shipped from LI, it's not as fresh as it could possibly be.

I'm assuming you Aren't Italian and originally come from either NY/NJ/Long Island/Chicago... just a wild guess.

If not, well that's where the best pizza comes from. It's not about the 'freshness', it has to mainly do w/the water/yeast in the pie. That's where it starts.

If you tried Mama's, you would understand. No disrespect, but its hard to find authentic, good tasting pizza if you've been spoiled w/the good stuff before...

Old 10-01-2007, 09:27 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Are you Italian and originally come from NY/NJ/Long Island/Chicago?

If not, well that's where the best pizza comes from. It's not about the 'freshness', it has to mainly do w/the water/yeast in the pie. That's where it starts.

If you tried Mama's, you would understand. No disrespect, but its hard to find authentic, good tasting pizza if you've been spoiled w/the good stuff before...
You guys are hijacking Sal's thread! He is not interested in pizza or eggplant parmesan at the moment - he wants a romantic Italian place to propose to his girlfriend! Can anyone come up with any romantic suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte