Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 09:52 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Happy Bday Ani!..well I guess belated bday at this point.
Awwww - thank you Ari!! And to me, birthdays are a 24 hour cycle . . . so it wasn't officially my birthday til 9:27 pm last night. I've got a whole day of birthday glow to spend yet.

I also think our birthdays are really our mothers' big days. So remember on your birthday, to call her up or send some flowers and tell her thank you. After all, she is the one that did all the work to get you here!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
I was actually thinking that for your b-day I was going to show you a picture of me nekid bum! wasn't sure how you'd take it, but anyways, enjoy!
I scrolled down with a mixture of anticipation and horror . . . and sure enough! nekkid bum. I felt bad though that we were making fun of the OWS folks.

j/k

Old 08-22-2012, 10:08 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,894,135 times
Belated Ani! I was the first one last year, and I did get that reminder on my phone, but we just dropped the oldest child in college over the weekend, and the youngest just took his first car drive to the high school today so I've been well...stressed and crazy lately. But I hope that the kids cheered you up last night, and I'm sure K wouldn't have been remiss as well.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
ANI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I already did the Facebook thing, but this is where we "met" & it just wouldn't be right not to wish you a Happy Birthday here.

Hope you had a Wonderful dinner last night & made enough noise to rattle the neighbors!! Many Blessings to you today & throughout the year!!!

See you soon!! XOXO
Dear, dear Rosie!

Yes, I can't believe it - seems we have been friends forever - but indeed, we met here!

I was very quiet last evening, except when son showed us this FANTASTIC vid, which I think deserves an advertising award for creativity. It would be the best commercial ever produced, only it was simply a fun creation based on a guy's reaction to getting his fast food. We played this over and over, sang with it, danced to it, for over 30 minutes. Someone is a fool not to hire this guy to do a real commercial!!!

This morning, I had to hear it again, and of course it has gone viral . . . so if you haven't seen the best vid out there right now - here it is!!!

OH MY DAYUM - NOW ON iTUNES !!! - YouTube

Old 08-22-2012, 10:20 AM

743 posts, read 2,242,959 times
Happy Birthday Ani!!!!!! Hope you enjoy it and do something fun

Old 08-22-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
ani ani ani ... <3 and hugs !!

Happy happy...

You're such a great regular here and look forward to all your posts.

Thank you, thank you! I especially like the hugs!!! Some people are not into hugs but I love 'em.

A psychiatrist I worked with once told me that he had never met anyone who did not react to invasions of personal space -- til he met me. He said "you have no personal space bubble."

I have wondered what the hell that says about me ever since. ??? All I know is, I don't mind being touched (in a good way, of course! no undertones of anything violent or sexual!) and I do love hugs.

The world would be a better place if, instead of separating ourselves from one another, we could remember that these bodies are what keeps our souls from connecting . . . and give each other big ole hugs instead of the cold shoulder.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by md to nc View Post
Happy Birthday Ani!!!!!! Hope you enjoy it and do something fun
I screwed up a client's website yesterday, trying to do something I didn't have the skill to do (my bad). My son's fiancee and I worked on it last evening til we got it back in place but for one tiny detail on the CSS and well, I can't figure out WTH went wrong (the coding looks in order- ugggh). So today, I am still struggling with that. BUt it is like a puzzle or a treasure hunt, so I am cool with it.

I am working on a meditation area on my hill. So this afternoon, I am gonna take a little time and clear out a bit more of the brush. What I really want is a labyrinth . . .

Thank you for the good wishes, MD!

Old 08-22-2012, 10:44 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,501,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I screwed up a client's website yesterday.....

no backup?

Old 08-22-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Belated Ani! I was the first one last year, and I did get that reminder on my phone, but we just dropped the oldest child in college over the weekend, and the youngest just took his first car drive to the high school today so I've been well...stressed and crazy lately. But I hope that the kids cheered you up last night, and I'm sure K wouldn't have been remiss as well.

Hey there Bibit!!! Is this even possible? COLLEGE???? and driver's licenses?

Oh my goodness.

I hope you got your eldest settled in -- and I hope you have good insurance on your car, lol. I remember when my son started driving . . . I made him wait a while to get his license and was so lucky that the parents of his friends did the same thing. It makes it so hard when the pressure is on to get that license the day they turn 16. There is nothing like the way your stomach knots up seeing them leave on their own in a car!!!!

Thank you for the good wishes and best of luck w/ all the household changes! You are getting closer and closer to that empty nest!!!

Old 08-22-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
no backup?

Yeah, but it involved making a bunch of changes and once I had gone so far - all I could do was either straighten it out or use the back up and start all over -- I chose to keep on with the changes. Might have been a bad idea, lol. I am no expert coder. Is that your field of expertise? If so, I will know who to engage for services next time. This website was one I didn't design and the coding is kind of a nightmare, which was part of the problem. I was trying to straighten that stuff out plus make some major changes and well . . . to be honest . . . I was in over my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte