Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2015, 08:17 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrharris View Post
Charlotte is a large suburb, The city is not growing, just knocking down something a rebuilding a apartment complex.
The city limits are further out there but the city is not growing. Charlotte just builds the same housing development and shopping center over and over and calls it growing.

The Big Boxes will close in the old shopping center and re-open in the new shopping center. Thats not growing.
you are a dark cloud... lol.

Charlotte is growing, you may not like the way it is growing but it is definitely growing.

The condos being built are ugly but it's definitely a growing city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 07:17 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,348,792 times
Quote:
I know exactly what Charlotte will do here, another Shopping Center. That is all Charlotte knows how to build. The Big Boxes will come in and it will be as generic as the rest of Charlotte.
Eastland Mall was a generic shopping center before and it closed, why would they put another one there? It may be a shopping center but if so it will need to cater to the existing population which isn't the traditional big box stores.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:02 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,441,075 times
What will the EpiCentre hotel look like? Here it is with details.

This project just skyrocketed on my list of projects to be excited about. Not only are we getting plaza space on the ground floor, but also retail. And we are getting not one but two bars, one of them being 300 feet in the air. These will not be your standard hotel bars either, AC Hotel’s are very modern and these bars will cater to locals and guests. Stay tuned as more details come in.

Rendering via Winford Lindsay, BB+M Architecture and McKibbon Hotel Group. Have development scoops or feedback? jason.thomas@charlotteagenda.com or @jasonthomasclt

Old 07-14-2015, 06:20 AM

343 posts, read 686,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Eastland Mall was a generic shopping center before and it closed, why would they put another one there? It may be a shopping center but if so it will need to cater to the existing population which isn't the traditional big box stores.
What else does Charlotte build?

Old 07-14-2015, 06:33 AM

343 posts, read 686,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
you are a dark cloud.
Funny! I except that title.
I'll change my username to "The Dark One"
I have lived or visited cities all over the world. Some third world countries and some the wealthiest. I have seen places that are filled with trash and some you could eat off the streets.
I have developed many opinions of what has character and what is generic. This is my outlet to voice them.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:07 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,444,287 times
Grubb Properties is bringing a mixed-use development with up to 550 apartments and 20,000 square feet of street-level retail to the streetcar line in Elizabeth. Now, we have our first look at the project.

Read more here: Here

Old 07-15-2015, 06:54 AM

Video of Lynx Blue Line Extension Construction.

LYNX Blue Line Extension Civil Construction Update (City of Charlotte, NC) - Worldnews.com

Last edited by CLT1985; 07-15-2015 at 07:05 AM..

Old 07-15-2015, 06:57 AM

343 posts, read 601,229 times
Tryon Place: Uptown Charlotte

Project has been discussed but here are a few details I hadn't seen before.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:16 AM

Podcast: Mary Newsom Talks Charlotte's Appetite for Growth

On this week's talking headways podcast, the UNC Charlotte Urban Institute's Mary Newsom talks about Charlotte's history, urban growth, and transportation.

The Overhead Wire: Podcast: Mary Newsom Talks Charlotte's Appetite for Growth

Old 07-16-2015, 05:22 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,348,792 times
Quote:
What else does Charlotte build?
Lots of things...have you read the rest of this thread?

Looks like they are making pretty good progress on the new VA hospiital kinda near the airport which I drove by yesterday:

Charlotte Health Care Center - Salisbury VA Medical Center - Salisbury, NC

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte