Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2016, 12:26 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,909,481 times

Advertisements

I knew it wouldn't be long before fans start dragging him just last week y'all were praising him.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:17 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,339,296 times
I didn't think the press conference was that bad...he did say several times "we got outplayed." So people are calling that "sulking" yet Norman crying is "raw emotion"? Isn't crying pretty much the definition of sulking?

I'm not sure what happened on the fumble. He probably did give up on it, but I don't know if that's a 100% certainty. I think it's possible as he was about to go down he thought the ball was going to continue in a different direction.

(And obviously they are not even among the best teams after that game)

Old 02-08-2016, 04:06 AM

7,074 posts, read 12,342,588 times
This thread is dead now. Superbowl losers don't belong in a greatest ever conversation...

Old 02-08-2016, 05:26 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I hear that, tread. But the NFL is made up of good teams that either make it or come close. I will still call the Panthers one of the best teams in this decade, despite coming out on the short end. The Broncos were probably destined in this case, after losing big to Seattle two years ago, and trying to regain some composure after that big loss. I will also call the Seahawks as one of the better teams in the decade, as they came from within one play of winning two SB's in a row. But let the teams fall where they do. Seattle, and Carolina will still be powers next year, and Denver...well, not so sure.
carolina can't even be in any debate about one of the best teams of the decade, until they have a ring.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:31 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I didn't think the press conference was that bad...he did say several times "we got outplayed." So people are calling that "sulking" yet Norman crying is "raw emotion"? Isn't crying pretty much the definition of sulking?

I'm not sure what happened on the fumble. He probably did give up on it, but I don't know if that's a 100% certainty. I think it's possible as he was about to go down he thought the ball was going to continue in a different direction.

(And obviously they are not even among the best teams after that game)
Body language is a big deal. It's more than what he said. It's how he said it. His tone is a big thing. Those reporters weren't being asses. They were professionally doing their job, and he was acting like a spoiled brat. I bashed cam for years, but I thought he changed. Nope same ol cam. As for norman crying is way different that sulking. Did u sexy with a minute left what he did to manning. Even in losing he realized the moment. That's what great players do. I wish he signs with a winner, he deserves better. The whole defense deserves better. Sucks for Thomas Davis. I know he would have five for the ball

Old 02-08-2016, 05:34 AM

7,074 posts, read 12,342,588 times
Sometimes a beatdown is your best medicine. Ask the 2013 Denver Broncos...

Old 02-08-2016, 05:37 AM

1,826 posts, read 2,494,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Sometimes a beatdown is your best medicine. Ask the 2013 Denver Broncos...
True. It will be interesting to see how they bounce back next season. No reason to think they don't have a good shot at making it back there again. Benjamin being back in the lineup should help as well.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:57 AM

4,010 posts, read 3,750,745 times
As a Falcons fan I'm happy you all didn't win because I have to hear enough trash talk from the Saints fans that they got a ring but you all had a great season. Your team is still young and have done more in 20 years than the Falcons in 50 years. You all will continue to dominate the NFC South for the next at least 2-4 years. Overall I think Carolina was just nervous that they were in the Super Bowl. Hell my heart was beating hard even though I was sitting my arse on my couch during the game so you can imagine how nervous they were. Both offenses struggled. Defense won this game. Like I said Congratulations again. You made it this far and as a Falcons fan I know yall are going to be hell to beat next year because the Panthers will be thinking about this game every game next season

Old 02-08-2016, 05:59 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,910,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southeast Hillbilly View Post
Props to Josh Norman....real classy how he went up to Manning, raw emotion on sideline and how he sat up and faced the media....Cam could take a lesson from him and Olsen how to act, instead of the disgraceful performance at his press conference
I sure admired Josh Norman last night. He played a good game and he showed class rather than showing his (behind).

Old 02-08-2016, 06:03 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southeast Hillbilly View Post
BINGO....seeing Cam at the Press Conference....sulking, one word answers, looking down, pouting....he hasn't changed one bit....he just said, "There was nothing special that they did"

I would have thought he would have matured, but he is the same self entitled person that did the Superman pose when he was down 24 points a few years ago

Even Steve Young is getting on him for the way he acted
Here's what I can see. Those that didn't like Cam in the first place will pounce on his post game interview and try to erase everything he's done on and off the field with comments like "there that proves he wasn't anything to begin with" or "he's not a man" and other BS comments. Cam has done more for the City of Charlotte and the Carolinas in his short 5 years here than any other sports figure in this regions history, short of Michael Jordan (who doesn't even claim Charlotte.). Charlotte is on the map world-wide because of Cam.

Was his post-game interview bad, yes, was his interview bad, yes - but keep it in perspective. He'll man up and look back at it and grow from it and be better off. Whenever I hear old foggies comment on what what someone in their 20s is doing, I always challenge them to put their record in the public of all the "great" things you did - EVERYTHING for the public to scrutinize. Might not have much to say if that's the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte