Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2016, 05:16 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
FWIW - if my kid was watching Cam sulk, I would tell him that it's ok to be sad but you've got to shake it off and keep your head up.

You know what's pretty ironic? Cam made a commercial with the line, "Too bad they don't make bandaids for feelings."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBXe-XerqRI

Then he pouty faced for a press conference like a baby.
I think the problem is the media and fans love to blow everything out of proportion for their own benefit.

Cam will be fine, I'm more concerned about the fans who seem to be unravelling after this loss. Will they be able to move on or are they off the Cam bandwagon and ready to trade him due to not acting like they wanted to after a SB loss?

Old 02-08-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well,

No matter how you feel about what Cam Newton did, unfortunately for the Panthers, this is what people will end up remembering about the entire season and Charlotte's 2nd trip to the Superbowl.

Such a shame.
no it isn't... its fresh on the mind but the only people who will end up remembering this part of the game are the fans who don't like Cam.

Everyone else realizes they lost to a better team, left a few plays on the field and had an awesome year after most predicted a losing season once Kelvin went down.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:23 PM

211 posts, read 114,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I think the problem is the media and fans love to blow everything out of proportion for their own benefit.

Cam will be fine, I'm more concerned about the fans who seem to be unravelling after this loss. Will they be able to move on or are they off the Cam bandwagon and ready to trade him due to not acting like they wanted to after a SB loss?
That's a fair point, they were ready to run Rivera off after a 3-7 start last year....Pro Football is still pretty new in the Carolinas, hopefully the fan base learns the nuances of the game. After yesterday I think they realize that it takes more to being a SB winning QB then cool dab moves . I hope Cam listens to B Romo and toughens up a bit

Old 02-08-2016, 05:24 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,339,296 times
Quote:

There is a guy on the Raleigh board who apparently wants Cam cut in favor of Johnny Manziel or Tim Tebow.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:25 PM

211 posts, read 114,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
There is a guy on the Raleigh board who apparently wants Cam cut in favor of Johnny Manziel or Tim Tebow.
My point proven, lol

Old 02-08-2016, 06:10 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,694,636 times
Default Are the carolina Panthers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Did you watch all 50 and all of their post game press conferences (and who knows when they even started having press conferences)?
The only 2 Super Bowl quarterbacks who ever rubbed me the wrong way either before or after their play in the game were a couple of smart-mouthed cocky sob's, namely Joe Namath & Jim McMahon.
Buddy, we saw similar churlishness from Cam after the Panther's late-season loss to the the Atlanta Falcons. But it's more than the issue of just 1 post-game press conference performance by Mr. Newton & if you don't know that by now, then you have not been paying attention.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:15 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,694,636 times
Default Are the Carolina Panthers..

Quote:
no it isn't... its fresh on the mind but the only people who will end up remembering this part of the game are the fans who don't like Cam.

Everyone else realizes they lost to a better team, left a few plays on the field and had an awesome year after most predicted a losing season once Kelvin went down.
You can style it any way you want.
Yes, they lost to a better team & probably laid an egg in their performance but Cam Newton also laid an egg on the field & afterwards in the media room.
A lot of folks who tuned in to see him out of curiosity now have their minds made up. It's difficult to undo a bad first impression.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:18 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,726,984 times
About the only things worse than people with an agenda ripping Cam Newton are those with an agenda making excuses.

Neither approach is very transparent.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
You can style it any way you want.
Yes, they lost to a better team & probably laid an egg in their performance but Cam Newton also laid an egg on the field & afterwards in the media room.
A lot of folks who tuned in to see him out of curiosity now have their minds made up. It's difficult to undo a bad first impression.

Casual fans dont care about press conferences and media rooms.

It doesnt matter if everyone likes Cam, as long as Carolina fans like him he will be fine.

As soon as he throws a TD or runs for a TD next year fans will cheer.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:06 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,342,588 times
Ok, this link is helping me relate to Cam a little more now...

Why you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte