Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2016, 10:50 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southeast Hillbilly View Post
Panther D did a phenomenal job....they essentially gave up 6 points
Cam coughed up the ball that was recovered in the endzone for a Bronco touchdown....7 pts
Special Teams gave up a 61 yd punt return that turned into a FG....3 pts
Cam gagged again and didn't dive on ball that he fumbled and let the Broncos recover at the 3....can't blame that TD on the defense

The defense gave up 6 points....they showed up. The problem was their MVP QB did not
The first strip sack wasn't Cam coughing up the ball. He got destroyed on that play.

Second fumble wasn't his fault but not diving for it was a bad look. He may not have come up with it but at least try to recover it.

The OL and the WR didn't show up as well.. and Tolbert didn't help with his fumble.

All around it was a total team loss on the offensive and ST's side of the ball.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:52 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
I agree they beat themselves. The defense played a great game. I wouldn't be on here harping on newton had he dove for that ball. There's no excuse for not doing it. Again I've always question his character, and bad character traits show themselves under pressure. He's a quitter in my eyes. Hustle after that damn ball.
quit lying, Cam could have dove on the ball and you would still predict failure because he didn't play his best game.

It's ok, everyone on here knows you hate Newton. What funny is you had to wait until the SB was over to puff your chest out.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:59 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,275,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
I agree they beat themselves. The defense played a great game. I wouldn't be on here harping on newton had he dove for that ball. There's no excuse for not doing it. Again I've always question his character, and bad character traits show themselves under pressure. He's a quitter in my eyes. Hustle after that damn ball.
I think he was in shock and knew it was over. You can question his character and question his inability to seem humble at times....but NEVER EVER question his desire and willingness to sacrifice every limb and soul to win.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:03 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,583,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
I think he was in shock and knew it was over. You can question his character and question his inability to seem humble at times....but NEVER EVER question his desire and willingness to sacrifice every limb and soul to win.
No I can question his willingness now. He pulled up. You can't deny it. Like I told felt go look at a gif clip of it about 10 times.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:04 AM

7,074 posts, read 12,342,588 times
Well I don't hate Newton. I just hate seeing our MVP go down like THAT!!! Getting beaten is one thing, but this game clearly broke Cam's spirit. This reminded me of Jake's infamous game against Arizona in which he was never the same. Games like last night's can make or break you.

The question now is can Cam recover, learn, and move forward?

Old 02-08-2016, 11:04 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,281,333 times
Are the Carolina Panthers One of the Greatest Teams Ever?

Only need one word to answer the OP's question -

Nope

Old 02-08-2016, 11:06 AM

211 posts, read 114,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
The first strip sack wasn't Cam coughing up the ball. He got destroyed on that play.

Second fumble wasn't his fault but not diving for it was a bad look. He may not have come up with it but at least try to recover it.

The OL and the WR didn't show up as well.. and Tolbert didn't help with his fumble.

All around it was a total team loss on the offensive and ST's side of the ball.
Felt, I will respectfully disagree with you....the first fumble did NOT come from his blind side, Miller was coming from his front side. Both Dilfer and Young both said he has got to feel that and secure the ball....watch the replay, Miller barely hit him and went right for the ball, Newton never saw him

Old 02-08-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I think the Panther D did a great job. The offense was the problem. Shula never made adjustments when it was obvious the Broncos were controlling the LOS.

It reminded me of watching Duke play against the Fab 5. Duke always got that bounce, always got loose balls, always got the key rebound. Just looked like the Broncos wanted it more and their D was really legit.

I could see if Cam and company choked against an average D but this was the best D in football this year and now everyone knows it.

and yes, all year this O found a way to make this WR corps look better than it was but last night they faced a great secondary and when you can get pressure with 3 or 4 guys it's real hard to find open WR's.
Exactly, he's done a great job but wilted under pressure. It was the second quarter that changed the complexion of the game (10-7) and Panthers gaining momentum. He had to design more runs for Cam and say hey big man, it's on you because ain't nothing else working on the ground, we're not getting the calls (happens sometimes), the balls aren't bouncing our way. It's a loud pro-Bronco stadium (essentially a home game) and their defense was amped (Ware and Miller anyways), so let's play not to lose...don't fumble or force the ball, depend on the D and wait for our break because 10-13 pts will win the game w/o turnovers.

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 02-08-2016 at 11:23 AM..

Old 02-08-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southeast Hillbilly View Post
Felt, I will respectfully disagree with you....the first fumble did NOT come from his blind side, Miller was coming from his front side. Both Dilfer and Young both said he has got to feel that and secure the ball....watch the replay, Miller barely hit him and went right for the ball, Newton never saw him
I have to agree and think Cam and the coaches underestimated Ware and Miller. It was the ole chip on the shoulder...Cam this, Cam that and those two played out of their mind. Don't get me wrong, both are great but it was the inability of Panthers to run the ball that disrupted the offense. This isn't the first time it has happened but Panthers did not adjust this time or design some "token" runs for Cam to offset some of the pressure.

It was dropped balls, turnovers and complete breakdowns in special teams, etc. The only way Denver could win this game is the turnover battle and the special teams. Cam tried to do too much at times and was afraid this might happen.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:24 AM

436 posts, read 445,896 times
Bottom line, Newton has had a phenomenal year, but in this game, he played like he has in former games, not that good. Not only did he digress to olden times, he disgusted the world with his unintelligent comments and demeanor. I can get over his poor communication skills, but I can't get over his "Oh poor me" crap that has been observed since day one. The other members of the team cover him with their maturity and superior intellectual answers in the eyes of the world. He cares about himself and not the team. It is all about fame and glory of himself. Now it is sunken deeply. It was a bad game and we played poorly, but it happens. His behavior was deplorable and usually is,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte