Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:07 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
Yep, it kills me at the supermarket to see something labeled as a cheese or meat product. I have no idea what that really means. Kind of like meat or cheese?
Mystery meat! EWWWWWWWWW.

And Velveeta scares me. Actually, "American cheese slices" scare me. What is in that stuff? I sure was fed it enuff growing up.

I won't even eat margarine. I swear, it is something like vaseline w/ flavoring! If you read the label . . .

Oh, I need to find a link to somewhere that sells fresh Apple Cider. It is fun to go to an apple farm and get the fresh cider in the Fall . . . great outing w/ the kids, too . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 09:09 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
There ain't any cracker barrell's in Northern NJ where I'm originally from.

You don't start hitting them till you get to south Jersey I believe....
Yup, they're here, along with some other items that are considered southern.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:26 PM

48 posts, read 179,860 times
Before moving I saw some show on the Food Channel where they talked about Pecan Pies and NC, anyone knows where to get good pecan pies? I mean REAL good?

Old 06-25-2008, 09:33 PM

148 posts, read 468,084 times
I had to second the vote for Dale's. A friend introduced us to it when we lived in Alabama. We liked it so much, we ordered a case of it when we moved to Washington state where it was not sold in the stores. Nevada wasn't much better, but WalMart finally began carrying it. So glad to be back in Dale's country!

Old 06-25-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West&East View Post
I had to second the vote for Dale's. A friend introduced us to it when we lived in Alabama. We liked it so much, we ordered a case of it when we moved to Washington state where it was not sold in the stores. Nevada wasn't much better, but WalMart finally began carrying it. So glad to be back in Dale's country!
It is the most versatile sauce! I am big into making my own sauces (as in, for marinades and BBQ) but there is something about Dale's . . . it is a very unusual sauce . . . gosh, my roasts . .. yummy! I like to put a nice roast in my Nesco on 225 d for several hours . . . add some Dale's . . . sometimes I add veggies . . . and my, oh, my . . . such wonderful gravy . . . Dale's is terrific!!!

Old 06-25-2008, 10:04 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdesert View Post
Before moving I saw some show on the Food Channel where they talked about Pecan Pies and NC, anyone knows where to get good pecan pies? I mean REAL good?

You can make your own ... real easy it is a simple recipe (has to be for me to make it LOL) ... go to KaroSyrup.com and you will find the Classic Pecan Pie recipe ... it's delicious and you can't screw it up. I use the Dark Karo.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:10 PM

380 posts, read 1,757,375 times
Cracker Barrels in Ohio do not have sweet tea on the menu. I lived in Ohio, Michigan and Texas and never heard of sweet tea til I came to the Carolinas. I do not know what the fascination is here with it. Yuck.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:04 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,959,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Oh, I need to find a link to somewhere that sells fresh Apple Cider. It is fun to go to an apple farm and get the fresh cider in the Fall . . . great outing w/ the kids, too . . .
There are a few orchards in SC that sell fresh peach cider.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:02 AM

280 posts, read 948,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
There are a few orchards in SC that sell fresh peach cider.
If you're looking for ANYTHING peach related, check out "The New Peach Stand" in Fort Mill on Hwy 160. It is listed in Google maps.

Here is a web site for Spring Farms - the operators of the peach stand. They even have an online store. Buy Peaches online, purchase peaches, fresh peaches, buy strawberries, Springs Farm, peach stand

Old 06-26-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTechKA View Post
If you're looking for ANYTHING peach related, check out "The New Peach Stand" in Fort Mill on Hwy 160. It is listed in Google maps.

Here is a web site for Spring Farms - the operators of the peach stand. They even have an online store. Buy Peaches online, purchase peaches, fresh peaches, buy strawberries, Springs Farm, peach stand
Ohhhh - nice find, VaTech! Thanks for the link!

Last edited by brokensky; 06-26-2008 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte