Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 06:53 PM

75 posts, read 321,302 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about this development? How are its amenities, who are the builders, what's the price range of resales, any issues with any of the builders/houses, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2007, 07:24 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
its one of our choices...Builders are Ryland, Orleans and Shea...they range in price from low 300's to 460k

we are looking newer resales and also Somerset Development and The Reserve
Hunter Oaks has pool, clubhouse and has their own Swim Club for the Kids and omg I get confused all 3..lol I think basketball courts and tennis courts..You can go to hunteroaks.com

they will also be going to the new elemtary school and the new middle Marvin Ridge and new HS Marvin Ridge....

Old 02-05-2007, 07:27 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,149,261 times
Default Hunter Oaks

At one time there was a serious mold issue at one of the homes in Hunter Oaks built by Ryland but I think they got it resolved. Most of our clients are very happy with their homes in there. It's a very popular neighborhood.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:00 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,168,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janhetman View Post
Does anyone know anything about this development? How are its amenities, who are the builders, what's the price range of resales, any issues with any of the builders/houses, etc?
I live in Hunter Oaks There were many builders in here, including Ryland, Shea and Orleans. (I just had an inspection today for a client on a home built in 1995 by Parker Lancaster, and I think the inspector was truly impressed with the quality of the construction ) Resales range from $257,500 (2273 sq ft) to $460,000 (3850 sq. ft.) built from 1994 to 2004. There were some mold issues with I believe six Ryland homes on one block -- apparently issues were related to the lots on which the homes were built and not the homes themselves. As businessperson said, I believe issues were taken care of. There are two swimming pools, a clubhouse, tennis courts a volleyball court and a basketball court. Right now, tax rate is county only Best of luck to you and let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:34 AM

75 posts, read 321,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
I live in Hunter Oaks There were many builders in here, including Ryland, Shea and Orleans. (I just had an inspection today for a client on a home built in 1995 by Parker Lancaster, and I think the inspector was truly impressed with the quality of the construction ) Resales range from $257,500 (2273 sq ft) to $460,000 (3850 sq. ft.) built from 1994 to 2004. There were some mold issues with I believe six Ryland homes on one block -- apparently issues were related to the lots on which the homes were built and not the homes themselves. As businessperson said, I believe issues were taken care of. There are two swimming pools, a clubhouse, tennis courts a volleyball court and a basketball court. Right now, tax rate is county only Best of luck to you and let me know if you have any other questions.
CAn you email me some resales in the 250-300K range? On lots that do not face empty land (do not want Walmart in my backyard).

Old 07-11-2008, 07:25 AM

338 posts, read 897,164 times
This seems to be a pretty nice neighborhood. Why is it so cheap? It is surrounded by neighborhoods which seem a lot more expensive.

Last edited by Londonlawyer; 07-11-2008 at 07:33 AM..

Old 07-11-2008, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonlawyer View Post
This seems to be a pretty nice neighborhood. Why is it so cheap? It is surrounded by neighborhoods which seem a lot more expensive.
I wouldnt say Hunter Oaks is cheap...it is a middle class development, with nice ammenties, and alot of different homes as there were alot of builders here..sq footages ranges....you get a great value here..for your money...there is something for everyone..

Old 07-11-2008, 08:18 AM

797 posts, read 3,295,539 times
yea, this is not cheap for the area. Plus remember it's in Waxhaw, not Charlotte. If it were closer in to the city it would be a lot more expensive.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:42 AM

338 posts, read 897,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
I wouldnt say Hunter Oaks is cheap...it is a middle class development, with nice ammenties, and alot of different homes as there were alot of builders here..sq footages ranges....you get a great value here..for your money...there is something for everyone..
I see a lot of pretty nice houses in there in the 400's. That seems cheap to me.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonlawyer View Post
I see a lot of pretty nice houses in there in the 400's. That seems cheap to me.
well it would be if your looking to spend what u are planning on spending, which brings me to my next point you dont need to spend alot to get alot...there are alot of homes that are beautiful and are less expensive..

I dont find 400k in nc to be cheap, where I come from IN New jersey a High Ranch will cost you 500k and its 40 yrs old....Hunter Oaks is 13 yrs old we have homes that range from 1995-2004 so again a nice variety..2 pools one with a huge Water Slide Tennis Courts on Both sides of Rea Rd, another pool on my side and small playground and more Tennis Courts...with all 3 and 4 sided brick homes I also must say Hunter Oaks is one of the best valued right now.....and again if we were in Charlotte it would be alot more expensive as we are still surbubia and not in city limits so to speak...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: