Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:03 PM

20 posts, read 45,707 times

Advertisements

Thanks for proving my point, emissary. What you do you in your sex life makes me sick but I don't bash you.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:04 PM

20 posts, read 45,707 times
This forum is full of bigotry and it's never dealt with.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:30 PM

138 posts, read 412,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilworthy View Post
Thanks for proving my point, emissary. What you do you in your sex life makes me sick but I don't bash you.
Somehow, I think you just did bash him . . . As for Bigotry, maybe you need a lesson yourself

Old 02-13-2009, 09:54 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by par4 View Post
Somehow, I think you just did bash him . . . As for Bigotry, maybe you need a lesson yourself
Yep, that was my exact point earlier - makes no sense.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:49 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
This thread makes me glad that both our cars here are fairly new and we won't be needing to shop for another one for a while.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:15 AM

50 posts, read 123,546 times
In todays market I'm sure any car salesperson would be glad to say they are gay, or Armenian, or Irish or Jewish or Catholic or Black or Hispanic or Pagan or one legged, one eyed transgendered x-Wall Street broker, if they thought they could sell a car.

Sounds segragationist to me.....not good for all

Old 02-14-2009, 06:25 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,866,271 times
So.......now buying a car is contingent upon your sexual preference? Do you REALLLY think that the salesmen or women care who you physically spend your time with? I have a HUGE butt...should I go look for a salesman who only sells to HUGE butted women? Come ON! I am a straight, retirement aged woman and played softball for YEARS with gay women who were lawyers, psychologists, teachers...great folks but we ALL played softball as a team and no one cared. What makes you think that a Salesman cares enough to be prejudiced against you and spend your money that he earns for commission on anti gay stuff? That poor Salesman is barely making a living on his commission, car manufacturing companies are tanking right now so he has a ton more on his mind than your sexual preference. I cannot believe your post but then again this is a free country.

Buy your car...stop worrying about what that poor guy or gal is doing with your money and just be happy that you may have perhaps put another meal on his families table. GEESH

Old 02-14-2009, 07:33 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyman View Post
In todays market I'm sure any car salesperson would be glad to say they are gay, or Armenian, or Irish or Jewish or Catholic or Black or Hispanic or Pagan or one legged, one eyed transgendered x-Wall Street broker, if they thought they could sell a car.

Sounds segragationist to me.....not good for all
Y, the comment earlier about the auto-salespeople in Charlotte being 'good ole boys' [insinuating they are somehow racists] is laughable.
You would struggle to find a 'southern' car salesperson in Charlotte.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:37 AM

198 posts, read 641,795 times
Quote:
Let's face facts here. Most car salespeople are not saints. This is the South and lots of the local joints are run by "good ole boys" that don't like gays and would rip us off. I also make a point of patronizing gay doctors, lawyers, accountants etc etc.
This is what confuses me: how would a "good ole boy" even know you were gay? Unless you go around telling strangers you're gay ... which would be odd to say the least.

This is not at all comparable to getting treated differently at a dealership because you're a woman, for example. You can't really hide your gender -- it's out there for strangers to see, and often women will get treated in a condescending or patronizing way by car dealers.

But being treated differently (by a stranger) because you're gay is equivalent to being treated differently (by a stranger) because you're Lutheran. How on earth would anyone know?

Old 02-14-2009, 07:44 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM08 View Post
This is what confuses me: how would a "good ole boy" even know you were gay? Unless you go around telling strangers you're gay ... which would be odd to say the least.
I would think that would depend on the level of gayness.

I consider myself a pretty average person and really could care less what people do in their spare time.
A flamboyant gay man hitting on me is just as annoying as a loose woman trying to wh*re herself out at the bar.
I have a few gay friends in town (actually Charlotte natives) and their sexuality is just a non issue in our friendship.

In other words, back to the OP, I would wager a car salesman really is not going to care either way unless you are the type of guy to skip around the dealership in tights holding flowers.

Let's flip the coin from a consumers (my) point of view.
I buy my professional clothes at Brooks Brothers.
One gentlemen there is quite outwardly gay and I do not work with him.
I just personally do not like the way he looks at me when he says 'you'd really look great in this purple tie'.
meh.

Just like the OP, I (as a white straight guy) can choose who I want to work with when I spend my dollars.
I call it a choice, although some might call it discrimination - it is what it is.

Last edited by mullman; 02-14-2009 at 08:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte