Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 08:38 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,208,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
...... I feel like the subs with the higher built out %, or at least having their amenities done, are going to hold values the strongest.
Relative to ones that don't have these things finished this is correct. However if the subdivision is in an area where there are a lot of unfinished ones, even if it has been completed, then it will suffer too. In the long run, if there is a continued retrenchment in real estate then the outer subdivisions from Charlotte are going to lose value the most and will take the longest to recover, if ever. What do you think is going to happen when the tax credits end and The Fed is forced to end this irresponsible game with interest rates?

My recommendation is that if you are looking at buying now, that you stick to built out neighborhoods that were finished more than 10 years ago. I would also stay inside of I-485 or up at the lake. There are great deals on distressed property in neighborhoods that were good long before all this overbuilding took place. You don't want to buy a new home that has the potential of becoming distressed because the neighborhood did. Buying a new home in a new subdivision right now is a pretty bad gamble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte