Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 10:13 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

PAR4 . . . excellent post. Very informative and I agree with you. My whole point about wanting to have things clarified about the CC&Rs is to allay fears that subdivisions are going to suddenly change drastically as to the types of homes/construction to be built in the future.

You answered all that very well. In addition, I agree with you - that people need to take a deep breath and quit being negative.

I would also like to point out . . . that even tho less homebuilding AT THIS TIME means loss of jobs . . . perhaps it is a good thing that things slow down for a while so inventory can be sold. This will not happen if people get frightened off from various developments by rumors, innuendo and negativity in the community.

Poochie - I am with you. The sky is not falling!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,837 times
Default Club House

I live around the corner from Edenmoor and Millbridge, so I like to walk around the neighborhood and look at the houses with my daughter. I have spoke with a couple of people. I watched the new Residents Center go up. It is nearly 100% complete and the lady said that it would be up and running for summer. She said Edenmoor and Millbridge will share the amenity center until Edenmoor has its own. I think both Edenmoor and Millbridge are goingto have about 1500 - 2000 homes, right. It looks like there are only about 100 occupied homes between the two neighborhoods. The pool area is huge. I don't think it will be crowded for a very long time.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:57 PM

168 posts, read 480,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
PAR4 . . . excellent post. Very informative and I agree with you. My whole point about wanting to have things clarified about the CC&Rs is to allay fears that subdivisions are going to suddenly change drastically as to the types of homes/construction to be built in the future.

You answered all that very well. In addition, I agree with you - that people need to take a deep breath and quit being negative.

I would also like to point out . . . that even tho less homebuilding AT THIS TIME means loss of jobs . . . perhaps it is a good thing that things slow down for a while so inventory can be sold. This will not happen if people get frightened off from various developments by rumors, innuendo and negativity in the community.

Poochie - I am with you. The sky is not falling!!!!
AHHH Thanks ANi

Old 03-08-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloesMom View Post
I live around the corner from Edenmoor and Millbridge, so I like to walk around the neighborhood and look at the houses with my daughter. I have spoke with a couple of people. I watched the new Residents Center go up. It is nearly 100% complete and the lady said that it would be up and running for summer. She said Edenmoor and Millbridge will share the amenity center until Edenmoor has its own. I think both Edenmoor and Millbridge are goingto have about 1500 - 2000 homes, right. It looks like there are only about 100 occupied homes between the two neighborhoods. The pool area is huge. I don't think it will be crowded for a very long time.
Hi CloesMom and all,

Well...F.Y.I. One of the selling points of Edenmoor was for US to have this huge ammenities complex-lazy river-walking trails-you name it!
That was a big reason why we and most of our neigbors purchased here.
Most of our block are empty nesters, and I guess we figured we would enjoy the ammenities and so would our grandchildren.
We have mounds of dirt and unkept landscaping here.
But again as have said in my previous post, I am thinking positive.

Millbridge was to have their own "thing". We were supposed to have the clubhouse completed months ago.

I just wanted to tell you the real news......

See u around?!!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 11:08 PM

17 posts, read 108,226 times
Quellin was also developed by GS Carolina, many of the selling points of the subdivision never materialized. Walking trails were never built, half of the pond was drained permanently because the developer didn't want to have the dam inspected/certified (required by the state when it held back more than some threshold quantity of water), and GS Carolina decided to keep about 15 acres to themselves which was originally shown on plats as common area (land to the south of Kensington Dr.).

I hope someone slightly more ethical than GS Carolina / L.M. Sandler & Sons will end up developing the remainder of Millbridge and Cureton.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBob28173 View Post
Quellin was also developed by GS Carolina, many of the selling points of the subdivision never materialized. Walking trails were never built, half of the pond was drained permanently because the developer didn't want to have the dam inspected/certified (required by the state when it held back more than some threshold quantity of water), and GS Carolina decided to keep about 15 acres to themselves which was originally shown on plats as common area (land to the south of Kensington Dr.).

I hope someone slightly more ethical than GS Carolina / L.M. Sandler & Sons will end up developing the remainder of Millbridge and Cureton.
Thanks for the info BadBob28173,

We are hoping for that outcome. I would like to get everyone together from these subdivisons and file a lawsuit. Its HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!
ANYONE INTERESTED LET ME KNOW!!

Old 03-15-2009, 05:10 PM

17 posts, read 108,226 times
The problem with filing a lawsuit is that the developers set up a separate LLC (Limited Liability Corporation) for each subdivision (Sandler at Union, LLC; Sandler at Kensington, LLC; Starwood Weddington - Carolina, LLC; etc). When the finish the subdivision, or simply decide that they are ready to walk away from it, they dissolve the LLC.
Since an LLC is its own legal entity, the owners of the LLC are immune from any claims made after the LLC is dissolved and its assets distributed.
In the case of Millbridge, Edenmoor, Cureton, and Quellin, there isn't anyone associated with the developer who can be sued.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBob28173 View Post
The problem with filing a lawsuit is that the developers set up a separate LLC (Limited Liability Corporation) for each subdivision (Sandler at Union, LLC; Sandler at Kensington, LLC; Starwood Weddington - Carolina, LLC; etc). When the finish the subdivision, or simply decide that they are ready to walk away from it, they dissolve the LLC.
Since an LLC is its own legal entity, the owners of the LLC are immune from any claims made after the LLC is dissolved and its assets distributed.
In the case of Millbridge, Edenmoor, Cureton, and Quellin, there isn't anyone associated with the developer who can be sued.
Hi Bad Bob28173,
My question would be about holding the Builder responsible. They handed us a brochure etc. Then walked away? Most of us purchased in this subdivision based on the Amenities and a lifestyle. We may never see it in our lifetime.
What do you think???!!!!

Old 03-20-2010, 08:25 AM

554 posts, read 1,507,250 times
The amenities are located right across the bridge in the Millbridge section...if it was supposed to be Edenmoores, then why was it built in Millbridge? I am confused. I am also looking there...but I'm having a hard time leaving Ballantyne...but this is all interesting. Either way, I was blown away at Millbridge. It's a beautiful community - I love the style of the homes, the bridges, the walking trails, the clubhouse and pools, the grounds...now only if there would be more commercial development like say a shopping center closer - then this decision would be so much easier. It's just soo far out!

Old 03-20-2010, 07:13 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaEve011 View Post
It's just soo far out!
... and the demand is for <200k homes. It seems logical that they could use the available land to build to what is selling. Especially that far out.

I try to think about the impact to the whole area - as a soon to be buyer, I want to stay educated on these things. I know we shouldn't be all bashing something that could very well be great for Waxhaw. My question would be how was Millbridge planned from the outset? If they didn't originally plan to build 150k homes (a significant amount of them), it could definitely change the demographics of the subdivision. You're also talking impact to values in all the subs in Kensington Elem... Cuthbertson schools are excellent from all I've read / heard. But folks in Lawson, Cureton, Quellin, Anklin Forest, and Prescot (what's up with the empty lots there) should be watching this closely. There's always that unwritten rule about not buying the biggest house on the block.

There's more of this to come... I feel like the subs with the higher built out %, or at least having their amenities done, are going to hold values the strongest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte