Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:40 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,408,717 times

Advertisements

Roma's right near 601 was one of the better pies I've had since being down here. I wouldn't say it was as good as the ones in NY but it was pretty good. There's another one just off of 49 on Roberta Road in a town hall looking strip mall (in Harrisburg) that's supposed to be really good, I just haven't had the chance to try it it yet. Everything else seems to be Dominos, Sbarros or Papa Johns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 08:20 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,321,931 times
Default My Search for the Perfect Pizza ...

Hey - I posted this elsewhere in the forum, but thought maybe this was a better place for it:

Saturday, April 21 at 2 pm
American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza
With Author and Chef, Peter Reinhart

Please join us at the Union West Regional Library as Peter Reinhart speaks on his search for the perfect pizza. Peter is the author of American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza, The Bread Baker’s Apprentice, and Brother Juniper’s Bakery. He is now the full-time Chef on Assignment at Johnson and Wales University in Charlotte. He also appears monthly on WFAE’s Charlotte Talks with Mike Collins to discuss various topics from the world of food and culture. As a bread expert, Peter has spoken extensively on bread as a metaphor in the search for meaningfulness and mission in life. A book sale and signing will follow program. The program is geared toward adults and children in 5th grade and higher. Pizza slices will be served, compliments of Rossini's Italian Restaurant, New York Pizza & Pasta, and Si's Pizzeria. Contact Betsy Cullen at 704-821-7475 for more information. Program is free and open to the public. This program is sponsored by the Friends of the Union County Public Libraries.

For more FREE things to do, go to www.union.lib.nc.us/
click on PROGRAMS

Old 03-29-2007, 04:29 PM

44 posts, read 174,569 times
Mario's in the Plantation Shopping Center across form the Siskey YMCA. This is the best Pizza we have had in NC and they deliver too

Old 03-29-2007, 10:04 PM

549 posts, read 2,384,927 times
Red face Yum Yum!

I go to Fuel Pizza in the Plaza Midwood section, their original location. I love the ambience as much as the pizza. It's really adorable to convert a 1920 gas station into a pizza parlour. Darling! They have other 6 locations throught the charlotte area for those who dont like to venture to the Plaza area.
fuelpizza (broken link)
And I also Like Hawthrone Pizza in Elizabeth.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:53 AM

17 posts, read 60,170 times
We tried Anzi's pizza for lunch on one trip it was good.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:04 AM

536 posts, read 1,693,746 times
Default Palones

I have to agree with Jake Ryan, Palone's Pizza is the best, in the Fountains on Audrey Kell. I have tried Marino's, Tony's and a few other's, they were alright, but Palone's was the best! Trust me they have only been open a few months now, and are getting real busy. The owners name is Frank, try some of the desserts, de-lish-i-o-si That is as close to Italian as I can speak.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:04 AM

193 posts, read 245,400 times
Mama Lena's was great back in the day. I haven't been there since they moved from Albemarle Rd (I don't blame them) to freakin' Waxhaw!

Old 03-30-2007, 09:44 AM

90 posts, read 240,330 times
I live in brooklyn NY and i was just in charlotte visting and i had some really good pizza at davinchies in the university area.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:10 PM

3 posts, read 8,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jroc2007 View Post
Tony's Pizza is good New York Style Pizza. They are actually from NY. It's the best pizza I have had.

http://www.tonyspizza.org/
Tony's is pretty good. I use to go there until I found Palone's Pizza. There also is South Charlotte. Give them a try.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:13 PM

348 posts, read 430,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDRASELLSCHARLOTTECOM View Post
Mario's in the Plantation Shopping Center across form the Siskey YMCA. This is the best Pizza we have had in NC and they deliver too
No way! Tony's in Ballantyne is way better--tho they do not deliver. Mario's doesn't cut it for the NJ/NY'er.

I'm hearing positive things about Palone's in the Fountains, but I haven't tried it yet.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte