Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 03:29 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,374,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I LOVE that visual marvinnative! If you're gonna jump in the boat, you're gonna have to help bale water or row!!!

I so agree that Union county was definitely caught off gaurd by all the explosion in growth. It IS a very complicated issue. I am not anti-growth at all, just for restrained, smart growth

Can I just say I LOVE Marvin's stories...cant wait to finally meet her oh my LOves too...

Staci
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 03:31 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,021,674 times
Love that bale or row, alas it looks like union officals are floundering a bit.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:13 PM

244 posts, read 1,050,423 times
This has been very informative. My husband has been referencing this area of late.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:52 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,320,674 times
Default Southern Storytellers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
Can I just say I LOVE Marvin's stories...cant wait to finally meet her oh my LOves too...

Staci
Us old Southerners love to tell colorful stories....guess it's in my genes. Looking forward to meeting you, too, Staci!

Old 04-21-2007, 07:11 PM

83 posts, read 399,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsky88 View Post
I just moved from NJ to Legacy Park last year. There are two parts to Legacy Park. The DR Horton side and the Parker Orleans Estate side. You want the Parker Orleans Estates. There are currently four homes over 3500sf for sale and they are all between 279 to 299k. Much nicer homes than the DR Horton homes.
Hey now...the DR Horton homes are VERY nice for their price range! As a matter of fact, we're buying a 1,945 sq ft one (we don't need all the extra space) with upgraded kitchen and master bath for a little over $200K.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:38 PM

95 posts, read 385,778 times
Legacy Park will not be "rural" for much longer with Blakeney and Ballentyne not that far away as it is. I did look at the area and I simply couldn't get past the "slab factor". It's bad enough for an 8k heating/air unit to go out unexpectedly. I didn't want to deal the unknowns of living on a slab.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:09 PM

474 posts, read 1,749,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina-Trader View Post
Legacy Park will not be "rural" for much longer with Blakeney and Ballentyne not that far away as it is. I did look at the area and I simply couldn't get past the "slab factor". It's bad enough for an 8k heating/air unit to go out unexpectedly. I didn't want to deal the unknowns of living on a slab.
What's the "slab factor"? I actually prefer a slab because of the possibility of mold with a crawl space.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:15 PM

83 posts, read 399,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKQC View Post
What's the "slab factor"? I actually prefer a slab because of the possibility of mold with a crawl space.
I second that!

Old 04-28-2007, 06:44 AM
BNY

49 posts, read 192,339 times
Same here. I grew up up in a region without crawl space houses, so slab is what I'm used to... but the mold and bug problem with crawl spaces kinda freaks me out. I might even consider that a deal breaker.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:16 PM

95 posts, read 385,778 times
The "slab factor" is 500 per foot and a second mortgage. 'Not straight down through your living room or kitchen but when you need to "tunnel" under the slab as I have seen. I am actually more concerned with termites than having to tunnel under a slab or mining in the kitchen in order to fix an issue though seeing someone quoted 20,000 to fix 5 leaks in a sewer line or face the house being condemned by the city is enough to scare me away from a slab. What was the owner thinking having shrubbery next to the house? To each his own - I looked in a neighborhood that was all on slabs and requested a crawl and was quoted 17k more because of the crawl and this was not even an enclosed crawl. It is quite apparent to me why developers build on slabs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte