Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 06:53 AM

893 posts, read 1,579,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmingmom View Post
Do you think it's OK to wear a thong at a private, community pool? I heard some negative comments last summer from the fat, Long Island contingent, even though I'm a lot younger and in better shape than them!
You need a spanking!!!!!!!

Old 05-11-2009, 07:01 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,895,215 times
Quote:
Do you think it's OK to wear a thong at a private, community pool? I heard some negative comments last summer from the fat, Long Island contingent, even though I'm a lot younger and in better shape than them!
I like them fne, but the thought of wanting to wear one at a "community" swimming pool with very young children is kind of tacky. This is not the French Riviera you know. If we think it is a bad idea and disagree with you , does that make us fat and not young as well? I believe in nude and topless beaches for those that wish to participate. I also think that people should be allowed to go to nudist camps and exhibit their stuff if they are so inclined. I think that there is a place for these things. A community swimming pool is not one of them. Seems that have some personal agenda.

P.S. Look at it this way, would you like some guy walking around your kids with his testicles hanging out? Again, not at the commumity pool.

Last edited by vindaloo; 05-11-2009 at 07:16 AM..

Old 05-11-2009, 07:04 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
The fat Long Island crew objects? Excuse me? Like the Southerners wouldn't? That LI crowd may just be more vocal about expressing Group Think.

I, however, think you should strut your stuff! You're young, you're gorgeous - why not objectify yourself totally and become the club joke?

I also believe in letting people hang themselves. Give them enuff rope . . . woops . . . not applicable. Take away enuff string and that thong of yours will get you permanently banned f/ the premises.

Do it like a rock star, Girl! Flash all the moms and dads and hormonal adolescent boys . . . add a few tats, a nice sparkly naval jewel, a cute flashy ankle bracelet . . . and SHINE!!!!

If that is what you aspire to in life - the Pool Ho - I say - GO FOR IT. I love watching social standards in action. Nothing quite as fun as observing a whole group of people becoming unraveled on the spot cause some Young Thang thinks showing her pattycakes makes her special.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:11 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,895,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Lol funny troll.

On a side note...my neighbor lays out in a thong, idk if they sport it up to the pool tho? It's a man btw...I can try to sneek a pic next time he's out if y'all really want to see (you don't).

Please, never send a picture of a man in a thong The thought is nausiating. Only send picutres of young, gorgeous females in the 18-40 age group.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:22 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,111 times
Quote:
Well one thing for sure..don't think that anybody will fall behind on their HOA dues and risk not getting their pool pass...

Old 05-11-2009, 07:23 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
Please, never send a picture of a man in a thong The thought is nausiating. Only send picutres of young, gorgeous females in the 18-40 age group.
Men in Speedos . . . GROSS. All over Europe . . . fat guys in Speedos.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:32 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,377,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
The fat Long Island crew objects? Excuse me? Like the Southerners wouldn't? That LI crowd may just be more vocal about expressing Group Think.

I, however, think you should strut your stuff! You're young, you're gorgeous - why not objectify yourself totally and become the club joke?

I also believe in letting people hang themselves. Give them enuff rope . . . woops . . . not applicable. Take away enuff string and that thong of yours will get you permanently banned f/ the premises.

Do it like a rock star, Girl! Flash all the moms and dads and hormonal adolescent boys . . . add a few tats, a nice sparkly naval jewel, a cute flashy ankle bracelet . . . and SHINE!!!!

If that is what you aspire to in life - the Pool Ho - I say - GO FOR IT. I love watching social standards in action. Nothing quite as fun as observing a whole group of people becoming unraveled on the spot cause some Young Thang thinks showing her pattycakes makes her special.
APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE!!! You go get her girlfriend!!!

OK...the OP's name is Swimmingmom...so I'm guessing she's a mom. So I'm guessing she doesn't care if someone struts their ass in front of her kids since she thinks it's OK to strut hers. NO..NO..NO..it's not OK to wear a thong at a community pool even if you think you have the body for it.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:39 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,670,113 times
Quote:
Let's see, thongs are banned at nearly all public beaches in this country, so you figure the community pool is your alternative to display the exhibitionist side of your personality. After all, it isn't a public pool (They ban them too.)

Just between you & me, a community pool is a public pool, with access limited to the residents of a specific community.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:43 AM

380 posts, read 1,756,796 times
I just don't get it. first of all, those things are not comfortable no matter how many people try to convince those that don't wear them that they are. They aren't sanitary. I can think of very few people I would like seeing walking around baring their bottom. Ugh. I mean come on. And who wants a sun burn on those cheeks. Like I said, I don't get the whole thong thing. Sounds like a song title. IMO, people who wear them out in public are simply looking for attention and looking to cause a stir. I would rather get attention in more sophesiticated, graceful ways. And yes, let our kids be kids, they are there to play, not there to get shocked and get an eduation.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:44 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,699,636 times
While I have to agree that it would be tacky (and that many people in very skimpy suits you see often should not be wearing them to begin with)...I am somewhat amused by those people who comment that such a woman would be a "ho" or that - oh my goodness: kids might see that (because they tend to think if their 10-year old sees a boob or a bare but that the child will somehow be scarred for life). Some people are just way too uptight about stuff like this - I've been to a number of places in Europe where women are topless and / or in thongs (and, yes, the men in speedos - um, no thanks here) and no one gives a rat's behind. Yes, standards are a bit different here (and a bit backwards in some respects), and the post was obviously trolling - but some of the responses here just make me chuckle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte