Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 07:01 PM

59 posts, read 130,947 times

Advertisements

One more question while I'm here. We decided to stay in Huntersville for a few days this summer to look around and get a feel for the place. Can any of you kind people recommend a decent hotel there? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 07:02 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,833,378 times
Anything on Exit 25 is good. Last place on your list should be the Quality Inn.

Courtyard by Marriott and Sleep Inn get rave reviews from some of our friends when they come to town. I think Sleep Inn even offers free breakfast at Bob Evans.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:51 PM

509 posts, read 1,802,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKQC View Post
I commuted from exit 23 in Huntersville for 3 years and it took about 25 minutes in normal rush hour traffic. I currently commute from Camden Sedgebrook, which is next to Birkdale, and it takes about 25-30 minutes. Taking a CATS bus, which I do most of the time and highly recommend, will cut about 5 - 10 minutes off of that.

You can add about 10 - 15 minutes to those times for the Friday afternoon commute. The only way that commute would turn into an hour or more would be a very severe accident where multiple lanes are blocked. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a house in Birkdale and commute to uptown.
I totally agree except for the bus part... I pass the express bus every day on my way in to work and every day on my way home... I'd rather be in my own car and get home faster

Old 04-24-2007, 08:02 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,953,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdog View Post
One more question while I'm here. We decided to stay in Huntersville for a few days this summer to look around and get a feel for the place. Can any of you kind people recommend a decent hotel there? Thanks.
Once again I agree with Charlotte agent Quality Inn is not quality in my opinion. Sleep Inn is ok but if you want to save a couple of bucks I like the Best Western on Exit 28. If you stay there be sure to book online it's like 64.00. It's clean the staff is very nice and they have a nice breakfast.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:38 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
That must have been lovesmountains who said that
who me???? Nah, I know Huntersville is the doable area to uptown. It's living further north that will net you those 45 minute to 1 hour ride. The good thing is when you are on the express bus you really don't care

Old 04-24-2007, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlTravels View Post
I totally agree except for the bus part... I pass the express bus every day on my way in to work and every day on my way home... I'd rather be in my own car and get home faster
But I bet you don't get home as relaxed and stress-free as those riders do

Old 04-24-2007, 10:01 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,953,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
But I bet you don't get home as relaxed and stress-free as those riders do

That's the truth. My car is happy too.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
That's the truth. My car is happy too.
Bet your wallet is even happier

Old 04-25-2007, 04:25 AM

474 posts, read 1,748,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlTravels View Post
You can use the extra time to get to the gas station to fill up again

Old 04-25-2007, 05:33 AM

509 posts, read 1,802,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKQC View Post
You can use the extra time to get to the gas station to fill up again
oh all you bus lovers!

Actually, waiting for the bus would stress me out more. I'm a control freak...

And at one tank per week... I'll keep driving. Now, if light rail ever comes, I would probably change my tune... it will probably be faster.

Don't ask me to explain the logic of why I would take rail but not the bus... there isn't much, I can admit that much!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte