Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 07:03 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,136,713 times

Advertisements

I just saw your post in another thread. Here's a quote:

"I am in my mid 20's and have no college education whatsoever(college is a waste of money IMO) but still I have the luxury of taking a few years off in my working career(sometimes not by choice lol) just because I live wisely. Most people at my last job did have that new BMW or Lexus every 2 years but heck I am still driving the same car after 7 years(although I plan on getting a new Honda next year)."

So what, exactly, is your problem? Do you want a job or not? Do you have money to live on, or not? You are in your mid-20s, and you are complaining about hard labor? Give me a break!!!!! Get off of your lazy butt and get a job. Again I ask you, why can't you wait tables? You would make something similar to what you were supposedly used to in California. Why did you move here without a job anyway? And exactly when are you planning on moving to Phoenix? You are a mess. I think in addition to a job you should seek some counseling.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:08 PM

ooo! I just found another one!

"I moved to Charlotte because most of my family is here but quite honestly I only plan on staying here for a year or soo(will re evaluate when my apt. lease is up). It would be nice to have a job but the truth is I don't plan on looking for work until 2013. I mean sure if a good job comes to me before then I will take it but I am not going to bend over backwards trying to find something." ~ from the thread about transferring unemployment.

I think we need to leave this troll alone guys.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:10 PM

716 posts, read 1,545,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
I just saw your post in another thread. Here's a quote:

"I am in my mid 20's and have no college education whatsoever(college is a waste of money IMO) but still I have the luxury of taking a few years off in my working career(sometimes not by choice lol) just because I live wisely. Most people at my last job did have that new BMW or Lexus every 2 years but heck I am still driving the same car after 7 years(although I plan on getting a new Honda next year)."

So what, exactly, is your problem? Do you want a job or not? Do you have money to live on, or not? You are in your mid-20s, and you are complaining about hard labor? Give me a break!!!!! Get off of your lazy butt and get a job. Again I ask you, why can't you wait tables? You would make something similar to what you were supposedly used to in California. Why did you move here without a job anyway? And exactly when are you planning on moving to Phoenix? You are a mess. I think in addition to a job you should seek some counseling.

The point of the matter is I have money in savings but why should I dig into it? I know the Dollar is going to collapse n all but still I shouldnt have to use it. I moved here because I just needed a break from the West coast but I will definitely be moving back in a year or two.

Remember I plan on going short in the stock market come late next week

Old 08-11-2009, 07:14 PM

I think your wisest investment would be in a psychiatrist. Good luck with all of that.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:14 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,005,794 times
Quote:
ooo! I just found another one!

"I moved to Charlotte because most of my family is here but quite honestly I only plan on staying here for a year or soo(will re evaluate when my apt. lease is up). It would be nice to have a job but the truth is I don't plan on looking for work until 2013. I mean sure if a good job comes to me before then I will take it but I am not going to bend over backwards trying to find something." ~ from the thread about transferring unemployment.

I think we need to leave this troll alone guys.
Shameful!! To accept unemployment insurance under these circumstances is nothing less than stealing. Unemployment is for people who, through no fault of their own, find themselves temporarily unemployed. It is meant to bridge the gap while they ACTIVELY and AGGRESSIVELY pursue new employment!

BTW I do not think you should have to dip into your savings, it is your savings. The part that bothers me specifically is your laid back attitude regarding getting a new job while you take from the government.

Last edited by gkleoni1; 08-11-2009 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 08-11-2009, 07:15 PM

agreed. he's giving the safety net a very bad name.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:16 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post
Because everyone just mocks me anyway.
Ok.

Well, because none of us knows who actually reads these boards (everybody from students to executives), my advice would be to ALWAYS present yourself, even through your writing, as if the person reading your posts is a potential employer...especially if you're looking for a job. Your posts are a reflection of yourself...and people are watching! People will be glad to help if you come across with more of a humble attitude instead of a sense of entitlement or woe.

Hopefully things work out for you, but you have to help yourself along the way, including on these boards.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleoni1 View Post
Shameful!! Unemployment is for people who, through no fault of their own, find themselves temporarily unemployed.

Do you even read the posts? Did I quit my job? NO!!!! I lost my job through no fault of my own!!!! I actually even planned to retire from it but lost my job because of the economy.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:23 PM

but you said that you told your boss it was no big deal when he let you go. You need to grow up, get yourself some education and learn how the real world works.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
but you said that you told your boss it was no big deal when he let you go. You need to grow up, get yourself some education and learn how the real world works.

You guys do not understand. So what you are saying is that I "QUIT" my job because I told my boss that it was no big deal when he said my position was being terminated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte