Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2006, 07:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,816 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of relocating to NC so I can work in the Charlotte office of my company. We are intersted in some of the new housing going up in Waxhaw and Weddington, but don't know much about the cities. Schools, shopping, parks, recreation, cost of living, commute time to Charlotte, etc.? We have 2 little kids under the age of 6. Anyone out there know much about Waxhaw, Weddington and the surrounding area? Thx.

Last edited by Blake; 02-18-2006 at 07:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 03:31 PM

422 posts, read 1,365,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
We are thinking of relocating to NC so I can work in the Charlotte office of my company. We are intersted in some of the new housing going up in Waxhaw and Weddington, but don't know much about the cities. Schools, shopping, parks, recreation, cost of living, commute time to Charlotte, etc.? We have 2 little kids under the age of 6. Anyone out there know much about Waxhaw, Weddington and the surrounding area? Thx.
Waxhaw is GREAT! Everyone seems so happy about the Marvin Ridge school district.

BerryJuice- Where are you?? She is a great person to ask these questions to.

Also, check out the other threads regarding Waxhaw!

Welcome, and good luck to you!!!

Old 02-16-2008, 03:48 PM

197 posts, read 668,473 times
Default Waxaw, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Hi Blake,

This links may provide you with general information about Union County.

http://www.waxhaw.com
for the city of waxaw

Union County Public Schools
for public schools in union county

Town of Weddington
for the town of Weddington

In both (Waxaw and Weddington) you can find a nice selection of new, re-sales and pre-construction homes.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:12 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,373,429 times
Hey New Thank you..blake, the Marvin Ridge district indeed is excellent...Waxhaw has some of the best schools IMHO..My dd was in Rea View excellent school unfortunately due to some personal issues we had to put her in private school she is in 3rd grade..its a new school as well..My son goes to the Marvin Ridge Middle which is excellent however you have little ones so right now you would need Elem, there is Sandy Ridge Excellent School, Marvin Elem, kensington, Rea View..cant go wrong with any of them...There are alot of new developments, what is your price range and most of us here can assist you with the area..Its beautiful here people are very nice, very family oriented..we are here from NJ now almost 9 months and love living in Waxhaw/Marvin...Weddington you would have Weddington Elem sorry I dont know anyone who goes there but you can go to GreatSchools.net

You can check out
Millbridge
Lawson
The Chimneys
Prescott
Cureton
there is Blakeney shopping center which is beautiful about 15 minutes from Waxhaw itself...depends on where in Waxhaw or weddington you live...Cureton will have a new shopping Center eventually with shops and lofts and its supposed to be magnificent from the renderings I saw at the developers Center...your about 15 minutes to everything depending again where u live as far as shopping..Charlotte it depends on where in Charlotte...we live in Hunter Oaks on the border of S.Charlotte but we are in Union County and our mailing address is Waxhaw...it takes dh 45 minutes to uptown in the morning depending on when he leaves...it could take up to an hour with traffic, however it hasnt taken him that long yet..now the further in Waxhaw you go its an hour from what our friends tell us who do the commute everyday..and I think its going to Vary depending on who to talk to...you are 15 minutes to Ballantyne 20 min at tops...

Old 02-16-2008, 07:44 PM

6 posts, read 40,805 times
We relocated to the South Charlotte area and Waxhaw/Weddington is great! Best wishes to you! Moving to Charlotte was the best move our family made!
B.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-16-2008 at 09:06 PM..

Old 02-16-2008, 09:49 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,740 times
The OP posted his message 2 years ago.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:19 PM

197 posts, read 668,473 times
i don't have much experience with online forums.
i wonder why this messages appear in new post? i had noticed this happening before.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:39 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,767,094 times
Because someone did a search, this thread popped up and they made a reply to it.

I have no idea why anyone would do something like that...

Old 02-17-2008, 07:13 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,373,429 times
oh boy well Ive only been on the forum since Nov of 06...

Old 02-17-2008, 03:10 PM

48 posts, read 217,143 times
I live in Waxhaw. My husband commutes about 50 mins. to his office Uptown. We were attracted to the area by the beauty of the countryside and all of the horses you see as you drive around. At first we didn't like the distances we had to drive for shopping, but now we are getting more and more commercial development in the area. We have the new Cureton Town Center with Phase 1 open and much more to come. Prescott Village, a HUGE retail development is about to start constuction.

We've got some wonderful neighbors and I've made many friends through unioncountymommies.com (be sure to join if you move here!).

Downtown Waxhaw is lovely. We have a couple of decent restaurants, a wonderful coffee house, galleries and antique shops and a really good Farmers Market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte